I was in Cebu for 2 weeks with my wife and decided to go stay a few days. I was not disappointed.It was amazing being able to step right off your deck into the Lagoon. The pools are so big, that it is almost like having your own private pool. Yes they are salt water, but who cares. It's like swimming in the ocean without having to worry about all the nasty things. (*note they have several freshwater pools also).Very very uncrowded and laid back. I will go back for sure. I even took my wife to the shooting range and discovered she is a natural with an M-16. They have a real Colt M-16 A-1 fully auto capable with an M-203 grenade launcher attached you can shoot. Imagine that ! The instructor apologized for not having rounds for the 40mm Grenade launcher.. ( I had to explain I was joking) LOL.
We also got couples massages for 1 hour for 50 bucks apiece. That is unheard of cheap at a resort much less anywhere else. The same massage at a resort in Jamaica or at at health spa here in the states is well over 100 dollars.
The Breakfast bar was a little pricey but heck your at a resort. It was almost the same price as the buffet at the Radisson downtown. There are other options. The in room Breakfast was about 10 dollars U.S., which is not bad at all.
All in all for what you get it is a real bargain. It is beyond friendly and if you want to do your own thing it is big enough to escape a crowd. I recommend going down to the dock and feeding the fish. The attendant got a bag of bread and the fish put on quote a show.
I plan to stay for a week next time and if I had known how nice it was I would have come out of the province and stayed longer this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island