I chose to stay in Plantation Bay Resort and Spa one weekend because of the reviews that I’ve read from Tripadvisor. I love to swim and the month of March is typically humid, hot and sweaty here in the Phils. The pools and lagoons in Plantation Bay is truly a treat to a weary soul. The clean, cool and revitalizing salt water lagoons and the fresh water pools are beautifully designed and strategically located a few steps from well appointed rooms and suites within the resort. The coconut trees, a variety of palm trees, and numerous flowering bushes creates a green foliage, refreshing to my tired eyes. You can do laps in the East saltwater swimming lagoon since the water is just 1.4 m deep and very safe. It is safe for children to splash around and play in the Children's lagoon. At the Kilimanjaro freshwater swimming pool you can unwind and have a cool Power Drink from the swim-up bar. There are a number of jacuzzis around the pool where you can relax and have a soft water massage. The verdant greeneries around the Savannah Pool and the mini volcano makes this place unique and interesting to kids and adults alike. I simply cannot get over the fantastic sight of the many lagoons and pools around Plantation Bay.I can go back to this resort again and again. Service around the resort is superior and truly first class. They have a number of restaurants who serve palatable international cuisine and mind you the price of food is just right! The rooms and suites are indeed first class. As a matter of fact, the resort is undergoing rehab on one of the buildings and the Mogambo Falls was also being rehabilitated. It is truly a family resort and a lovers (honeymooners) rendevouz place as well. Me and my family enjoyed a cool weekend in Plantation Bay in spite of the hot humid Mactan weather in March.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island