My husband, daughter and I stayed at Plantation Bay for five nights over the New Year's holiday. As was our experience during previous visits, we had a wonderful time with outstanding service.
This time we opted for the airport-to-room check-in and check-out service which was well worth the $50 price tag. It saved us time and gave us pleasant rides in new SUVs to and from the airport.
We spent most of our time in two locations: the fresh water pools and the spa. Despite the fact that the hotel was fully booked there was a feeling of space and privacy. The downside was that on several days there were a lot of day trippers who were noisy and splashy.
We very much appreciate the no-tipping policy and the electric carts which are available to bring you to any location within the resort.
The food at Fiji was excellent with live fish, shellfish and sushi. The Kilimanjaro restaurant offered extensive breakfast buffets or al la carte fresh fruit or pastries. All of it delicious and freshly prepared. Service at night for dinner was very slow there, however.
We went to the the Savanah Grill one day for lunch where my husband enjoyed a large hotdog and my daughter and I ate chicken barbecue sticks and macaroni salad.
We did miss the old Palermo restaurant. It used to be a romantic gourmet Italian restaurant, but in response to a changing clientele (we expect) it has been downgraded to tapas and snacks and pastas. The hotel was very gracious in assisting us to get to a nearby restaurant one night that fit the need for a romantic, gourmet meal.
For those on a limited budget, there is the cafe in the reception area offering drinks and pastries for a very reasonable price, and also booths with Filipino snacks along the beach areas.
The highlight of our visit was time spent at the spa. This is a tranquil place usually more private than the other pools at the hotel. However, their policy regarding children has changed allowing them to be there during the daytime. This spoiled the atmosphere on one of the days of our visit because of noisiness and splashing. Parents were not controlling their young kids, often leaving them unattended. I hope the hotel reconsiders this change in policy and limits the hours kids can be at the spa. The massages at the spa are the best we've experienced in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
The friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff at Plantation Bay are world class.
Frankly, I'm surprised by the sour grape reviews of some people. I did not see any discrimination toward Filipino wives or any race. Everyone was treated with respect and helpfulness despite how busy the resort was over the holiday.
Our room was cleaned every day, and we were given fresh towels and washcloths when we needed them.
Thank you Plantation Bay for a wonderful vacation. We'll see you again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island