“Awesome diving at an awesome location!”
Review of Freedive HQ

2-Day Freediving Course in Cebu
Ranked #4 of 46 Tours in Lapu Lapu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Share your experience with truly positive and inspirational instructors and guides. Our attitude is focused on your success and enjoyment, so change your life and get fit and flexible with freediving. The opportunity is here 365 days a year, from whaleshark adventures to crystal spring waterfalls and magic warm blue water coral reefs. We can't wait to meet you in the tropics! FreediveHQ is a professional Freediving Facility with Fully FItted Bangka boats, 4 bungalows by the beach and Transfer Jeepny! We offer free SUP/Stand up paddleboards to use for our guests , organize tours and have Amazing SCUBA dive sites right of the shop shore entry.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Lappeenranta, Finland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome diving at an awesome location!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This dive shop is a freediving heaven - you have warm, clear, 200 meter deep water right next to the shop! They also have a nice little cafe with amazing, healthy and freediving friendly dishes to fill you up after a day full of diving :) All of the staff is also really friendly, and the instructors will surely make you feel comfortable and safe in the water, no matter what your level is. All in all, Freedive HQ is an amazing spot for freediving, so make sure you won't miss it if you're near Cebu! ;)

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jenni U

• Korean first
Nelson Bay, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new favourite destination”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had such an amazing, unforgetable time at Freedive HQ Phillipenes. Deep diving with great visibility, coral walls buzzing with marine life only meters from the shore. Alana and Mike were extremely accommodating and welcoming all throughout my visit to the Phillipenes, with freediving as well as experiencing some of the local culture.
I am looking forward to planning my next trip.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank RochelleBaker
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“5 stars!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

It took me almost 3 years to finally to get serious about freediving... and at some point, I realized I need proper training to get down deeper/longer. And after smooth and prompt email communication with Alana, trip booked!
Mike Wells and his wife Alana, their names should be more than enough to speak for the quality they are offering. They course starts from beginner (like me) to instructor trainer (don't be surprised when you see many national record holders in da house :P).
I came to have level 1 but everything(organization,teaching,training) was so smooth and comfortable that I not only "pass" the course but the most important: I ENJOYED a lot! Then I decided to take further step to Level 2, which is a relatively intense course but you just don't need to be worried. cuz you got plenty of time and practices to get you there. Just enjoy and relax until you hear the "Ding~ling~" sound (when your lanyard hit the bottom) :D
My instructor Alana is awesome! And she and Mike are just soooooooo nice to even lend me her own fins to me to fit my small feet. Thanks a lot!
I also want to thank Miya and Young who have accompanied me in the most dives. You guys are great!
Last but not least, thanks Diana for the food and smile! I miss tricycling with you everyday we went back!

Tip: It's much faster to get on a motobike to get there if you are solo. Only 5 mins ride from Grand mall to HQ, but with tricycle, maybe 15 mins.
If driver doesn't know the place, just tell him to go to Plantation Bay, don't get in to the Plantation and keep driving to the sea side, you will see the HQ sign :D

Visited October 2013
2 Thank torachen
Currimundi, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Freediving experience of a life time”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

OMG.
My words can't describe the totally amazing 3 weeks I had at Freedive HQ Philippines with Mike & Alana Wells.. The spot is off the charts. So professional. Yet they are so much fun at the same time - something they impressed upon me that is so important. It was my greatest thrill to be taught by this couple. The delicious food & drinks on offer by the lovely Diana who is at your every beck & call.

To have a dive site you can slip right into off the deck with a reef right there easy as for beginners to the totally phenomenal wall and cave that will make the most experienced divers rave. You could really want for nothing else just to spend your days right there diving, relaxing on the deck chairs listening to cool tunes in the back ground before and after dives.

I stayed at a gated complex that was organised for me that could not be closer to HQ it was perfect.
If you love freediving go go go you deserve it.

I started my trip in love with freediving only to finish as a level 3 SSI freediver wanting to become an instructor due to this amazing couple

I have found a destination to go back to time after time .

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andrew K
Alana C, Manager at Freedive HQ, responded to this review, January 8, 2016
It was a pleasure to teach you and spend time with you here in Cebu- welcome back anytime and thanks for your support Andrew !
UK
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“It does not get better than this!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

At the age of 55, I realised just how popular this sport is becoming and decided to do level one instructors course. Having spent 8 days with Mike and wife Alana and can not and could not fault anything. There teaching skills are second to none. They are both patient(I did stretch Mike with my knot tying skills or lack of!) and understanding and make the course fun and informative. Make no mistake though, their standards are very high and as a result they expect the same from you! And before I forget, I must make a mention of Diana, a young lady working in the back ground making drinks and sandwiches and tidying up after me! She is great. Thanks to all and hope to see you again soon.

Visited August 2013
Alana C, Manager at Freedive HQ, responded to this review, January 8, 2016
We had such a great time with you! Welcome back anytime and thank you for your reveiw :)