“5 stars!”

3-Day Advanced Freediving Course in Cebu
Ranked #5 of 50 Tours in Lapu Lapu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Share your experience with truly positive and inspirational instructors and guides. Our attitude is focused on your success and enjoyment, so change your life and get fit and flexible with freediving. The opportunity is here 365 days a year, from whaleshark adventures to crystal spring waterfalls and magic warm blue water coral reefs. We can't wait to meet you in the tropics! FreediveHQ is a professional Freediving Facility with Fully Fitted Bangka boats, 4 bungalows by the beach and Transfer Jeepny! We offer free SUP/Stand up paddleboards to use for our guests , organize tours and have Amazing SCUBA dive sites right of the shop shore entry.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed October 11, 2013

It took me almost 3 years to finally to get serious about freediving... and at some point, I realized I need proper training to get down deeper/longer. And after smooth and prompt email communication with Alana, trip booked!
Mike Wells and his wife Alana, their names should be more than enough to speak for the quality they are offering. They course starts from beginner (like me) to instructor trainer (don't be surprised when you see many national record holders in da house :P).
I came to have level 1 but everything(organization,teaching,training) was so smooth and comfortable that I not only "pass" the course but the most important: I ENJOYED a lot! Then I decided to take further step to Level 2, which is a relatively intense course but you just don't need to be worried. cuz you got plenty of time and practices to get you there. Just enjoy and relax until you hear the "Ding~ling~" sound (when your lanyard hit the bottom) :D
My instructor Alana is awesome! And she and Mike are just soooooooo nice to even lend me her own fins to me to fit my small feet. Thanks a lot!
I also want to thank Miya and Young who have accompanied me in the most dives. You guys are great!
Last but not least, thanks Diana for the food and smile! I miss tricycling with you everyday we went back!

Tip: It's much faster to get on a motobike to get there if you are solo. Only 5 mins ride from Grand mall to HQ, but with tricycle, maybe 15 mins.
If driver doesn't know the place, just tell him to go to Plantation Bay, don't get in to the Plantation and keep driving to the sea side, you will see the HQ sign :D

2  Thank torachen

Reviewed September 15, 2013

OMG.
My words can't describe the totally amazing 3 weeks I had at Freedive HQ Philippines with Mike & Alana Wells.. The spot is off the charts. So professional. Yet they are so much fun at the same time - something they impressed upon me that is so important. It was my greatest thrill to be taught by this couple. The delicious food & drinks on offer by the lovely Diana who is at your every beck & call.

To have a dive site you can slip right into off the deck with a reef right there easy as for beginners to the totally phenomenal wall and cave that will make the most experienced divers rave. You could really want for nothing else just to spend your days right there diving, relaxing on the deck chairs listening to cool tunes in the back ground before and after dives.

I stayed at a gated complex that was organised for me that could not be closer to HQ it was perfect.
If you love freediving go go go you deserve it.

I started my trip in love with freediving only to finish as a level 3 SSI freediver wanting to become an instructor due to this amazing couple

I have found a destination to go back to time after time .

1  Thank Andrew K
Alana C, Manager at Freedive HQ, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2016

It was a pleasure to teach you and spend time with you here in Cebu- welcome back anytime and thanks for your support Andrew !

Reviewed September 3, 2013

At the age of 55, I realised just how popular this sport is becoming and decided to do level one instructors course. Having spent 8 days with Mike and wife Alana and can not and could not fault anything. There teaching skills are second to none. They are both patient(I did stretch Mike with my knot tying skills or lack of!) and understanding and make the course fun and informative. Make no mistake though, their standards are very high and as a result they expect the same from you! And before I forget, I must make a mention of Diana, a young lady working in the back ground making drinks and sandwiches and tidying up after me! She is great. Thanks to all and hope to see you again soon.

We had such a great time with you! Welcome back anytime and thank you for your reveiw :)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Freedive HQ Philippines has the best teachers there are - Alana and Mike Wells. These guys are very patient and can really teach you surpass your limits.

The place is marvelous - has a good reef with vibrant corals and most of all, a vertical drop.

You have to be careful sometimes though as the current could get really strong. But no worries, the staff knows when to avoid and what to do when it gets pretty strong. Safety seems to be the last name of these people.

Yourself and Dive Ta Bai have been our biggest supporters! Thank you so much for your review :)

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The guys at FreediveHQ are by far the best instructors to show you what recreational Freediving is about!! Fun, fun and more fun.

We saw whale sharks, turtles, tunas... Dived deep right on their doorstep... And the rest of the time lazed on the bamboo seats with a Mango juice :-)

We'll be back!!!

1  Thank TnB_Sydney

Thank you for your reveiw! We welcome you back and have plenty of Mango juice for you to enjoy again :)