“What a lovely vibe!”

Woka Woka
Cuisines: American, Filipino, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hello and Welcome to Woka Woka Restaurant located in Masiwa Marigondon, Lapu Lapu City. We have been told we are the most simplest of restaurants and you have all heard the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" we add judge our food and service because we are just starting out. We have a simple place with a simple menu,great prices and service. All you can eat noodles.We cook fresh in the wok and can seat up to 32 people. Our Bamboo native style, family-oriented restaurant offers good tasting foods for all. We hope to see you on your next visit soon. Welcome to Woka Woka. We just added Grilled Sea foods, but to be honest we don't carry a lot of stock since we are new and small and want to keep good quality in house, so feel free to call ahead to ask what seafood is available. Oh and don't be shocked at our simple place. We are all simple people here and easy to talk with. Thanks for considering us for your next lunch or dinner :).
leeds
“What a lovely vibe!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Upon being greeted at the door you are warmly welcomed to somewhere that knows itself that it is not the Ritz but it does not try to be either.

Ludavic and his team have gone back to basics with a small menu with the est ingredients done well. We only meant to order one meal to share and a seperate gluten free dish for my boyfriend (they cook everything fresh so could cater for him with no prior notice) and ended up with four meal between three of us it was so good.

The host is probably the nicest and friendliest guy on the island with an amazing plethora of star studded stories and travelling experiences to add extra entertainment to your meal. He has also lived on the island for eight years so knows other places that ate good and doesn't mind sharing the recommendation despite it taking away business.

His moto is "don't judge a book by its cover" a that suits it well. Lovely tasty freshly cooked food well within budget, served fast and hot to your table... Who can argue with that?

All the very best to your venture, I'll definitely pass on your custom

1 Thank siobhan h
Chief Vivian G, Manager at Woka Woka, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi and we really appreciate your nice review of Woka Woka. Have the best of times in Cebu
Thanks again

• Korean first
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Woka Woka Restaurant”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I totally agree with Wynston that the tripadvisor map is to be avoided. I live 5 minutes away in Bayswater and still got lost! I have attached a sceenshot on my phone showing the correct location. As mentioned by all the food is awesome here! I love the fish and chips and also the buffalo wings. Large portions and so cheap. This will be a weekly visit for me from now on.

Chief Vivian G, Manager at Woka Woka, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hello and thanks for your great review for us at Woka Woka and hope your enjoying Lapu Lapu. We hope to see you soon for a good lunch or dinner. Have fun
“Fresh food, cool breeze and nice people”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Let me start by the only issue: Trip advisor's map is way off. It was night, in the middle of a typhoon and I thought we'd never get there. Luckily it was on a main road and in the dark, the Woka Woka billboard stood like a beacon for our appetites. The waving staff and open sign was our first sign of hope.

Ludwig and his staff welcomed us and he began by explaining the menu and the concept of the restaurant. We were relieved right away. I was shocked that the prices were so low. I had already had a burger that cost the same as the fish and chips meal, which was double the volume.

We had the fish(Dory- sorry Nimo) and chips. The fish was firm and moist, with a crisp outer layer. Talk about fresh, the staff goes and hand picks fresh fish at the market 3 days a week at 1 AM! Talk about commitment to quality. The chips were chili-coated wedges. Excellent as well. Volume wise, I could have eaten the whole thing and been stuffed, but my wife had just had a meal on the plane and wanted to share. Even at that, it was substantial. The cole slaw, was excellent and the tartar sauce was a good complement(a bit too sweet for my standards). I mean, it was like 4$ USD for the chips. $1+ beers: totally satisfied. Will try to get back again. They also have delivery, so that is an option as well. Yeah, the decor was spartan, but it was clean and the bamboo and woven roof were really nice giving it that island vibe. It also has nets to keep out the pests and had great air flow.

To top it all off, I am TERRIBLE at budgeting things and had just gotten to the island, thus I hadn't changed enough and was a few pesos off. Ludwig was forgiving and just waved it off. If you are on Mactan and want a great meal from great people that won't break the bank, head for Woka Woka.

• Visited September 2013
“Perfect for lunch && dinner! Like for everyday!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Spicy buffalo, fish & chips, mamsa, & stir fried noodles are my favorite! Yummy! I used to dine with my boyfriend and leave the restaurant feel so satisfied while holding our tummy. :)) what a very good start for wokawoka! ;)

Lapu Lapu, Philippines
“Great Food! superfriendly staff”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend really love this place. The food is really good and at very affordable price. The fish and chips are our favorite. I have tried the grilled mamsa fish and it was awesome. We will definitely come back to this place since we live close to this restaurant or we'll just have a food delivery. Thumbs up Woka Woka!