“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Manila, Philippines
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I will give a very good rating for this resort. We arrived there at already 10pm cause of the delayed cebupac flight from manila. What a blessing, since the hotel was fully booked, they upgraded our room from a spa suite to premier deluxe. The staff were accomodating, clean pools, nice beach, good buffet breakfast and free wifi. There were only few things that needs improvement like only 1toothbrush since the reservation was good for two persons, few lights during night time so it was dark outside and the food in thier restos were expensive. Try to dine at Maribago grill which is a few steps away from the resort. Over all, we enjoyed our stay and will recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank PinkFebruary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Upon arrival at the airport, I already saw my name printed on a piece of paper and it feels great after a stressing flight that our airport pick up was early. My family of four were the only passengers and the driver was very friendly. The ride was a bit long going to the resort but frustrated to see lots of people at their reception. I lined up for check-in and when it's my turn, the receptionist told me that we have to wait to an hour for our room to be available. It's was 3pm and standard check in was 2pm and they are asking for another hour? I told the receptionist that my kids are tired and no more chair at the reception. Maybe she understood our situation and she let us stay at the pool bar and served us complimentary coffee and bread. Very sweet. The rooms are awesome. Spacious and clean with big beds. Even though we're near the pool, it's very quite at night and we have a good sleep. Tried their buffet breakfast and lunch and it was ok but not excellent. Better try buffets because their ala carte was a bit pricey. Overall, it was a great vacation experience for me and my kids.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ashly999
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 2, 2014

From the airport getting there is one bumpy ride. And as always checking in on time can spell the difference between having a good time or not. Waiting area was packed and no staff bothered turning on the ceiling fans until someone complained. We were finally given the rooms almost one hour and just like that. No explanation about how a/c works and the room amenities, etc. But inside the room is a feedback from which asks if the staff has shown you the room and its amenities. Redundant and a dismal exercise. Are they even aware of this?

But you can forgive them and forget their lapses for the features of the resort. The rooms are actually spacious and comes with a tub and a walk-in closet/wash area. The downside is there are no curtains in the door (sliding wooden door with glass-like mini windows) so the light shines through in the morning which is a nightmare if you want complete darkness. Also, avoid rooms near the pool as it can be noisy with the children splashing there. Speaking of pools, they are very good and kept in excellent condition. There are at least 3 of them spread all throughout the area and with lifeguards on standby. The beach area is small by resort standards so it can get pretty crowded in the daytime. There are helpful announcements on time of high tide so you can adjust your sched. The island in front of the beach area can be reached by walking/wading through the water during low tide.

Allegro, their restaurant is good. Variety is there especially for their Asian clients (Japs and Koreans). The staff are helpful and are smiling at all times. On some days there are dinner shows.

So, yeah, but.....

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the pool because that area is noisy
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim28Manila
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Maribago is a mid-range resort in Mactan Island. I picked it for our second night in Cebu. Just to try their amenities - free breakfast, the beach, and just because were just too pricey for a group of 7.

First impression was great! We even got welcome drinks. The suites are modern filipiniana, which was so impressingly clean and well kept! Even the breakfast was ok. The pool was right outside our suite.

Everything was cool except the beach. We got to spend 2 hours in the afternoon after check in.

Beach is available only from 1:00pm-5:30pm. If it's important for you to go for a swim, be aware that the water is low until 1pm. Since we only stayed for 1 day, our beach time was short which was the afternoon we checked in. The morning after, sea urchins were abound the waterless beach. They did mention this upon arrival but I didn't think it was the whole front part of the beach.

If it weren't for that everything is above average!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We had our dinner at their mini-island and since it's low tide, we walked and the staff helped us cross and upon arriving, there's water to wash our feet & clean towels. It was a nice set up. The reggae band that perfomed for us, they were Great!

Good food however for desserts, I would suggest to have more options because it's the same I had for lunch (watermelon, pineapple, torta bread, ube maja, etc.) Since it's almost summer, I was expecting to see some mangoes or bananas.

I did enjoy their cultural show and the local food they served for dinner brought back memories from my younger years. (Buko ice drop, polvoron, fishballs, kikiam, etc.)

Stayed at room 217 & it's near the pool. I slept well (thank u neighbors). Oh! Before I forget uhmm... no bidet in our restroom ;)

• Stayed March 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here for a week with my wife and 2 daughters (17 & 15). For us, that was too long. The beach there is terribly disappointing - read all the reviews and believe them - it just isn't a place where you are going to go into the ocean. So, we ended up hanging around the pool. The problem with that is one that is so simple it is hard to understand how it has not been fixed: In order to get to the pool near the spa, you have to walk over these apple-sized, black, jagged, foot-slicing rocks! It is the craziest thing I've ever seen. Why there would be rocks near a pool is a legitimate question. Why there would be painful rocks next to a pool should be a silly question - but alas, there they are.

OK, besides the painful rocks, my other problem with the place is that there is absolutely nothing to do. There is nothing nearby to walk to (although, as soon as I stepped one foot out of the gate, a kind gentleman immediately asked me if I'd like to meet some "very young filipino girls"). Twice we hired a car to take us around (trying desperately to find something to do) and each time we spent hours stuck in traffic, and ultimately ended up at a mall.

The rooms were definitely not luxurious. Bathrooms were pretty, but required stepping on more rocks to get to the shower! The bedrooms themselves reminded me a little of my first apartment - and that's not a good thing.

Having said all of this, I must also say that the staff was awesome. Every single one of them. They always greet you with a smile and a hello, and they really did do their best to help you enjoy yourself.

So, here is my advice. If you are looking for a place to just unwind for a couple of days and hang out by a pool with no real distractions, this is the place for you. Just be sure to bring swim shoes to get past the deadly rocks...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Scott C
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed March 7, 2014

i like the ambiance of the place, even though we just there for a party but we enjoy our time. Pool is okay and man made beach is great. Rooms they said its expensive!. Food are awesome but expensive but worth it!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
#12 of 42 in Mactan Island
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 31 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort? Share your experiences!