“Filipino hospitality at its finest!”

Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed here last November for a vacation with my partner. Just the same as my previous stay 2 years ago, they seem to have improved their service and amenities better.

We were greeted by welcoming staff making sure our check-in is as quick as possible despite our early arrival which was 3 hours before actual check-in time. The front office supervisor (forgot his name) was the one who attended to us upon check-in and made sure we knew every part of the hotel and our room's location and it's nearby facilities we can use. We were then taken to our room which was the Premiere Deluxe using their golf cart. We were totally impressed with the design and cleanliness of the room plus the size and it's furniture which was very Filipino.

The amenities specially the pool are so relaxing and they make sure that guests are given their privacy. I love the Kenneth Cobunpue chairs that they have around the resort which makes it more of a Filipino-inspired resort. The restaurant, Alegro, offered a variety of food and drinks making sure that everything they serve is fresh and of quality.

I will always prefer to stay at this resort every time I visit Mactan. Truly the people at the hotel and their facilities made our stay memorable!

Room Tip: Premiere Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leydelossantos

Reviewed December 15, 2013

nice beach with very dirty water. you do not have access to the ocean has there is a man made digue in front of the beach.
the service is terrible, bartender or waiter are not taking care of you. you have to ask for every single thing. cashier is looking video on a computer which change the sound of the wall outlet. UNBELIEVABLE
Price is quite high for mactan for beverage and quality is really low. they mixed porc with chicken and are not sure what meat they are cooking as I am Muslim it is unacceptable.
Other resort more expensive but better CRIMSON, IMPERIAL or Shangri la.
Will never return there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank radennovrita
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Came here with my sweet honey and my loving sister in law. We enjoyed a day of scuba diving and the girls loved the snorkeling. We took the boat from blue water with another couple to split the costs. was a very nice experience. the dive guide and his boat helper were very nice and helpful. The reefs were fantastic and the wall diving was vibrant and full of life. The girls enjoyed the snorkeling in the protected area off Olongo island in the shallows. Would recommend the diving operation and the bar area for tapas and drinks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jga37
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I just returned from a weekend stay. I was traveling solo and looking for a nice, safe weekend retreat. I am from Minnesota and was looking forward to relaxing and enjoying some island scenery. I definitely found it here :). The service is the best you will find. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful. I can't say enough great things about this resort. The room was large and clean. It was also great to have your own patio area. I stayed in the Garden area and loved the door to the room! The pool options were great with really nice chairs for relaxing. I tried all of the restaurants. The Allegro & The Oyster Bar were my favorite. The food was delicious and the service was perfect! I did dine at The Cove and picked a lobster out of the tank. It was good but pretty expensive. I thought Allegro was more enjoyable and it still had local seafood options for a fraction of the price. The beach was really nice and had plenty of chairs. The service on the beach was also impeccable. I recommend trying the spa. I did a 90 minute massage and it was fantastic! The facility was very peaceful. I loved walking over the rocks & water on your way to the massage room. It’s a beautiful place. I was sad to go and can't wait to plan a trip back. You will not regret a stay at this resort.

Room Tip: I would pick the Garden area if you were trying to budget but the rooms on the ocean looked amazing...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Its one of my favorite place resort in Cebu wherein you can totally relax in a homey atmosphere of the resort.. Rooms are perfect and foods at Alegro and The cove are superb > Two thumbs up for the best service and a friendly staff !!!

Room Tip: rooms near the beach are perfect !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 3 years ago. Superb!
A quiet refuge from it all.
The facilities were all good.
The room is truly spacious, elegant and clean.
Im a breakfast person and found the buffet perfect for my appetite.
Rooms are "zen- ambianced".
The resort is quiet. just a perfect refuge.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank MarkMarc
Reviewed September 17, 2013

They have facilities like other hotels do, food were just as sumptuous as other restaurant offers, the beach was just okay and the ambiance was good enough but what amazed us most was there EXEMPLARY SERVICE.

I just came from the states a month ago and I wanted to unwind somewhere else that’s not far from my friends' place. My friends wanted us to spend our weekend in the resort. I had no idea what it looks like, I just let my them arranged everything for our stay. We arrived in the resort at around 3 o’clock in the afternoon and welcomed by their courteous staffs. The check in process was fast and we were assisted to our room by their helpful and jolly bellman. They have this unique welcome drink that tastes like a “tanglad”. I was so impressed by the way they treated us and got more comfortable with our stay. The room is a premier deluxe and was located near the beach. It was a spacious room for me since I stayed their alone. I was amazed by their hanging bed and the bathroom was clean and spacious. Myfriends stayed in the other room category located near the gym and I found it very nice too. We are very happy and satisfied by the services that they rendered to us. Many thanks to the staffs, who cleaned our room, served us food during meals, accommodated our inquiries and for my new found friend Panpy-the bellman. We stayed in the resort for two days and I can’t help myself wanting to come back again.

I will recommend this resort to everyone! i'm planning to have our family reunion next year. i got the rate and it’s so reasonable. I’m looking forward for that day to come!

Room Tip: choose the premiere deluxe room.. it's comfy and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
#16 of 32 in Lapu Lapu
Cebu White Sands Resort & Spa
Cebu White Sands Resort & Spa
#12 of 43 in Mactan Island

Been to Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort? Share your experiences!