“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort

You added Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Buyong, Maribago, | Mactan Island, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I just returned from a weekend stay. I was traveling solo and looking for a nice, safe weekend retreat. I am from Minnesota and was looking forward to relaxing and enjoying some island scenery. I definitely found it here :). The service is the best you will find. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful. I can't say enough great things about this resort. The room was large and clean. It was also great to have your own patio area. I stayed in the Garden area and loved the door to the room! The pool options were great with really nice chairs for relaxing. I tried all of the restaurants. The Allegro & The Oyster Bar were my favorite. The food was delicious and the service was perfect! I did dine at The Cove and picked a lobster out of the tank. It was good but pretty expensive. I thought Allegro was more enjoyable and it still had local seafood options for a fraction of the price. The beach was really nice and had plenty of chairs. The service on the beach was also impeccable. I recommend trying the spa. I did a 90 minute massage and it was fantastic! The facility was very peaceful. I loved walking over the rocks & water on your way to the massage room. It’s a beautiful place. I was sad to go and can't wait to plan a trip back. You will not regret a stay at this resort.

Room Tip: I would pick the Garden area if you were trying to budget but the rooms on the ocean looked amazing...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Laura H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Las Pinas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Its one of my favorite place resort in Cebu wherein you can totally relax in a homey atmosphere of the resort.. Rooms are perfect and foods at Alegro and The cove are superb > Two thumbs up for the best service and a friendly staff !!!

Room Tip: rooms near the beach are perfect !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 3 years ago. Superb!
A quiet refuge from it all.
The facilities were all good.
The room is truly spacious, elegant and clean.
Im a breakfast person and found the buffet perfect for my appetite.
Rooms are "zen- ambianced".
The resort is quiet. just a perfect refuge.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank MarkMarc
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

They have facilities like other hotels do, food were just as sumptuous as other restaurant offers, the beach was just okay and the ambiance was good enough but what amazed us most was there EXEMPLARY SERVICE.

I just came from the states a month ago and I wanted to unwind somewhere else that’s not far from my friends' place. My friends wanted us to spend our weekend in the resort. I had no idea what it looks like, I just let my them arranged everything for our stay. We arrived in the resort at around 3 o’clock in the afternoon and welcomed by their courteous staffs. The check in process was fast and we were assisted to our room by their helpful and jolly bellman. They have this unique welcome drink that tastes like a “tanglad”. I was so impressed by the way they treated us and got more comfortable with our stay. The room is a premier deluxe and was located near the beach. It was a spacious room for me since I stayed their alone. I was amazed by their hanging bed and the bathroom was clean and spacious. Myfriends stayed in the other room category located near the gym and I found it very nice too. We are very happy and satisfied by the services that they rendered to us. Many thanks to the staffs, who cleaned our room, served us food during meals, accommodated our inquiries and for my new found friend Panpy-the bellman. We stayed in the resort for two days and I can’t help myself wanting to come back again.

I will recommend this resort to everyone! i'm planning to have our family reunion next year. i got the rate and it’s so reasonable. I’m looking forward for that day to come!

Room Tip: choose the premiere deluxe room.. it's comfy and spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Oh_guy
Vigan, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was raining hard when we arrived in the hotel. With me were my husband and my two kids. Our room was not so near in the lobby so we had to ride a cart going to our room. We stayed in the deluxe room in front of a swimming pool. It was convenient for us because we can directly look after our kids swimming in the pool. I didn’t know what went wrong with my child after swimming because we observed that he felt dizzy. I felt alarmed and scared so I called up the front desk about my child’s condition. Good thing is that they have their own front desk staff who happened to be a nurse. And I just found out that they have also registered nurses working in the front desk and in other departments to relieve the company nurse when not on duty. My husband and I felt relieved and secured upon hearing that information. It made us feel that they really look into their guests’ safety.

Room Tip: i would recommend a room at the garden wing on the first floor for travelers with kids.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this resort some time ago and have to say that I had a truly wonderful experience. Cannot fault the resort at all; Courteous staff, excellent choice of food, clean & spacious rooms. After a few busy days in Hong Kong the rest & relaxation having every need taken care of at the blue-water resort was just wonderful. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel/ resort as a fabulous relaxing place to unwind.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the resort in May from the 13th-16th. The service was good, the F&B outlets were great but we encountered some issues. The 1st room we checked into was just nasty, paint was peeling off, cracks all over the wall, the quilt on the bed was stained and our bathroom smelled like urine. We had to ask to switch rooms and that was okay but could have been better. At night the the bar on the other side of the wall next to our room was loud and you hear everything so we couldn't rest when we wanted to. We had to complain several times before the music and karaoke actually stopped. The 3 nights we were there we didn't get a good night's sleep. The design of the rooms were nice and the use of capiz was a nice touch but it doesn't do much for insulation. You could hear the steps of the people passing by in the middle of the night and that's not good. This needs improvement.

The pools were nice but as a couple we didn't want to be around kids running around crying & screaming, they should have a separate area for kids and adults. Not everyone comes to a resort with their kids or would want to be around them. We have kids so we do like to get away from them when we are on our vacation and we do enjoy peace and quiet. There were times when the pools were dirty too!

I wanted to meet with the Marketing Manager so I can feature the resort on our websites and no one showed. My husband and I are both travel and leisure bloggers and I explained that to the person I spoke to who was from the marketing department. I didn't want anything for free I was actually going to do them a favor and write a truthful review on their property for free. I wanted to know more about the resort so I can write about it but evidently no one wanted to talk to me.

The beach area is okay another area in the resort that needs improvement. It's a small area but when we were there it was crowded by day users and that wasn't cool. Our first day there, I saw trash on the ground and in the water and I'm not talking about the sea weeds I'm talking about trash. You could tell the number of guests actually staying in the resort and it was very few compared to the number of day users.

The service and food may have been good and at times outstanding, as a resort it's a mess! I understand that it's an old property but it needs to be maintained and they need to re-think a few things to remain competitive in the market. We didn't leave the resort because we wanted to experience everything but in different circumstances I would have packed our things and left. The prices are resort prices too so it's not cheap but we expected that. The staff and the quality of food were the two things that made our stay bearable and because the staff and the service they delivered were great we tipped them well.

There were just a few hits and misses during our stay and the misses always seem to stand out more often than not. Unfortunately for the Maribago team there are a lot of other resorts in the area that for people like us who understand the value of resorts and it's star ratings wouldn't mind paying an extra 4000 pesos to get the peace and quiet resort atmosphere, plus the good food and service we deserve for what we pay for.

Although our experience was a little bit of good and bad we will not be returning to this place.
~ Nestlie Schwarz-Hermes

Room Tip: If you're looking for peaceful and sound proof rooms go to another hotel. Unless you suck it up!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#17 of 29 in Lapu Lapu
3.5 of 5 stars 391 reviews

Been to Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort? Share your experiences!