As a new resident to Cebu it was difficult finding a local beach in Mactan that is open to the public. So we frequent the resorts in Mactan and pay for the day trips to use their facilities. It averages between P1700-3500 per person and usually includes a lunch at one of their restaurants. We decided to try out a new resort, one that I've visited back in 2007. It wasn't a busy weekend so I booked a "run of the house" room through agoda.com at P5900 a night. The room was located in their garden side close to a pool with a waterslide for the kids. The room had 2 double beds, was spacious enough for our luggage, had a bathtub and an outdoor patio table. The resort was expansive and had a 24 hour restaurant, access to a private beach/lagoon and 2 other restaurants over the water. The lagoon was nice in the morning, but the water begins to recede around 1PM. By 4PM there wasn't any water to really wade in. The view to the ocean was blocked by the man made island across the lagoon, but there are many aqua activities you can do outside of the resort. It was a very relaxing atmosphere and the staff was nice and accommodating. Breakfast buffet was very standard and the food was average. The facilities were clean and well taken care of. The atmosphere was relaxing and we enjoyed our time. I would recommend taking advantage of the lagoon early in the day then moving to the pools in the late afternoons. The place is great for kids because they had areas at the pools for small children, lots of kid activities around the resort, and when the water recedes there are so many marine life left to see in the low tide such as sea shells, star fish, sea urchins, small fish, and crabs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the sweetness of doing nothing and the satisfaction of doing everything. It is an art you can discover and perfect at Bluewater Maribago, a lush 7-hectare tropical paradise of pure intimate pleasure. Here we put thought into every details of your stay, from the moment we greet you "Mabuhay" to the time we bid you "Farewell".Here, your options are countless: 158 well-appointed rooms, 110-meter beachfront of pristine sand, a private island, 3 lagoon-shaped swimming pools with waterfalls, children's playground, recreation and water sports center, full-service restaurants and bars and the pampering treatment of Amuma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hotel Maribago Bluewater Beach
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island