Booked for 7 days and it was the worst mistake ever. Me and my wife decided to visit Cebu and decided to stay at this hotel. We arranged for airport shuttle pickup. Other resorts had representatives near the baggage pick up at the airport to direct you where your shuttle was, this resort had none. This was the first sign this resort is cheap and had bad service. This resorts shuttle was nowhere in sight. The pickup was late even though we called 2 times to confirm our flight arrival which was on time. Finally after 1 hour of waiting we noticed a very ghetto looking man outside with no uniform of the resort holding my wife's name. After identifying ourselves, he flags down and old beat up Nissan car which he tells us is our ride to the resort. It turns out that they just called a rental car company to pick us up. We didnt know he if would really take us to the resort or turn on an empty alley and rob us.
When we arrived at the resort we are very tired at this point coming all the way from Chicago and waiting for the late airport pickup. The driver takes out our bags put it on the side and we were just standing there and the receptionist didnt even look up and greet us. There were 3 lady employess standing there hanging flowers over the necks of korean guest arriving and they didnt even look at us, greet us. They just ignored us. I can understand Cebuano and the 2 ladies working the front desk were arguing who should call us and check us in. One of them finally looked at us and checked us in.
When we got to our room, the in room safe was broken, the room smells moldy, holes in the sheets from cigarettes and there are cracks all over the walls.We called the front desk and requested for at least the safe to be fixed but they refused. No internet inside the rooms and when u call to complain they just keep telling you "I.T. department is working on it." For 7 days we stayed here the wifi problem inside the rooms were never fixed. There is wifi in the lobby and restaurant which is not air conditioned so u will sweat to death and be crawled and bitten by flies and mosquitos.
They would let day visitors in the resort from 8am to around 5 pm and they pay only a fraction of what the in house guest like us pay and they are very noisy and will crowd the pools. The pools are very dirty with lots of leaves at the bottom and floating around the pool. The staff who are suppose to clean the pool spend their day talking with each other and checking out the women guests that are wearing bikinis.
The next day we ate at the Allegro restaurant. I dont mind paying for high food prices if the food is good but it was bad. So you are paying 5 star resort prices when this resort is only 2 stars at best and the to make matters worse the food tastes really bad. For 7 days staying here we noticed only a few guest would eat at the restaurant and we wont see them again. So when they taste the food they never come back. Make sure you look at your receipts because the servers will overcharge you or give you the wrong change. I ordered a banana shake which says in their menu 155 pesos and they charged us 235 pesos. I uploaded the picture of the receipt and copy of their menu side by side.
They list their rooms as non smoking so we booked a non smoking room but on our third day at the resort they put a chain smoking couple beside our room and they would smoke non stop until 3 am and just sleep 3 hours and start smoking again at 6am. The smoke would fill our room and we had to shut our doors and constantly spray air freshener so we wouldnt suffocate. When we complained they just told us "ok" and they never did anything about it. They didnt even offer to transfer us to another room.
We decided to take a break from this nightmare and took they shuttle to SM mall which is not free and u also have to pay. When we came back with some food security grabbed my wife pulled us to the front desk and told us we need to pay corkage fee which nobody explained to us when we checked in. We felt like prisoners and not treated as guests. I asked them how come they dont ask the Korean guests to pay corkage fees and they had no answers.
They were so may Korean tourist here you would think u were in Korea. They arrive early in the morning because thats when their flight arrive and they are very noisy and will wake u up when u are sleeping. They will cut in line in the restaurant and cough at the food at the buffet. Basically if u are not Korean u will be treated as 2nd class guests. They treat Korean guests VIP and ignore all other guests.
We finally asked to talk to the manager on the fourth day and he didnt talk to us until the morning we were gonna check out on the 7th day and offered us a free massage. WTF? really? I said no thank you i just wanted to leave ur stupid resort.They offered to move us to another room on the night of our sixth day but we refused because why move when we were gonna check out the next morning. They refunded what we paid for the late airport pickup and gave us a free shuttle to the airport. After what we went through I didnt even care if they refunded us anything and i would have gladly paid just to get out of that hell hole.
If they ever respond to this review they will just lie and give another excuse. Avoid this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the sweetness of doing nothing and the satisfaction of doing everything. It is an art you can discover and perfect at Bluewater Maribago, a lush 7-hectare tropical paradise of pure intimate pleasure. Here we put thought into every details of your stay, from the moment we greet you "Mabuhay" to the time we bid you "Farewell".Here, your options are countless: 158 well-appointed rooms, 110-meter beachfront of pristine sand, a private island, 3 lagoon-shaped swimming pools with waterfalls, children's playground, recreation and water sports center, full-service restaurants and bars and the pampering treatment of Amuma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hotel Maribago Bluewater Beach
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island