Easily the nicest resort in Mactan. The beach is second to none, the pool is beautiful, and the staff is incredibly friendly, the rooms are incredibly nice, and they all have free wireless in every room.
That said, I started my trip at Shangri-la and during my month in the Philippines, found you can get similar Shangri-la service/amenities at numerous locations in Cebu for a fraction of the price. Shangri-la is a place that cators to westerners, and they charge you western prices for bed, drinks, and food that are 4 or 5 times what you pay elsewhere in Cebu. For example, a San Miguel beer at Shangri-la will cost you 200 pesos, or about $5. The Westerner in me thinks, "wow that's a good deal for a fancy resort like this". It isn't until you leave your bubble at Shangr-la and realize the normal price for a San Miguel is usually 20-30 pesos (50 to 75 cents), and even at up-scale eateries in Cebu City is only 50 pesos.
So all in all, Shangri-la is a fantastic place and comprable to any Western resort. It's a great place for a short stay, but if visiting the Philippines or Cebu City, is far removed from a true Filipino/Cebuano experience, and it will cost you a pretty penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island