I have been to this resort 2 years ago but back then it was only the two of us enjoying the resort like honeymooners. This time around we brought along our 1 year old kid and have a family bonding of sorts.
I'm glad we chose Shangri-La as it has a lot of things to offer, i love the fact that they have a toddler zone where my kid can play while my wife and I can have our relaxing massage at Chi or swim at beach. We were also able to eat at all of the food outlets, love the food offered at Acqua specially the parmaham with arugula pizza, also had a great lunch at Tea of Spring and a delectable buffet dinner at the Tides.
We had a deluxe sea view room which overlooks the Mactan channel and the swimming pool, my son loves the view so much that he always peek out the window to see the view of the pool. I can't say anything negative about the room since it catered to all our needs, a comfortable bed big enough for the 3 of us, complimentary water replenished everyday and a clean bathroom. The complimentary broadband is a plus as it keeps me connected online.
The staff in the resort were all helpful, they even went out of their way just to provide what we need. In one instance the server at the buffet went in the kitchen to get some congee for my kid. In another occasion, the lady at the beach assisted us by providing a shade tent like structure since there were no more shaded cabanas available. The guest relations officers were also very helpful specially with all the queries i had during our stay and i had a lot of them and all were answered with a smile.
Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay with Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and will do it again next year for another family bonding. As what is stated in their business card upon check-in "My Residence in Cebu"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island