Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mactan Golden Motel(Cebu Island)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
3,850 results
All reviewsocean wingcowrie covechi spaadventure zonetides restaurantocean club loungebuko barfish foodmarine sanctuarymini golfchinese restaurantprivate beachtropical fishfish feedingbreakfast buffetwhite sand beachplay area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I'm so inlove with this place... we stayed in Shangri-La Suite and the view is just magnificent!!! Love the food and service... but i do have a complaint since most of their personnel are new (it's because the old personnel was moved to Shangri-La Boracay) it's just to be more kind, polite and SMILE!!! coz it's a must... people are their to have fun and enjoy the moment and not seeing 2 to 6 personnel not smiling or not greeting their customers. And yes i had a bad experience in one of their boutique since i love to shop... these lady seen me as i'm about to go inside the boutique (souvenir shop of the hotel)... guess what.... she NEVER say good morning ma'am or smile at me at all. I was dissapointed with her and i also found out that they were two in the counter and the other one seen me too ... but unfortunately they've got the same feather at all. And Suprisingly my husband just came in the boutique and they stood up right away to greet my husband "good morning sir!" and of course with a "smile"... and again their surprised! coz the foreign customer that just came in is my husband!. After that they looked ashamed to themselves... and i didn't buy anything from that boutique. There's a lesson here ....people shouldn't under-estimate on your color of your skin nor the way you look if you are rich or not coz you'll never know what you get. I hope there manager will read this review.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyBond1
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Although I was staying here for a conference in the hotel, I did get a chance to go snorkelling (which is excellent by the way) and use the facilities. This is a good sized hotel. There is always spaces at the pools and beach so never have to Save your place early on.
Staff are super friendly and helpful. Food selection was pretty good.
No contructive critism to say about this place. I give it a high recommendation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DanMagousha
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Was a lucky to be there during my vacations. The hotel is around 20minutes from the city. The staff was very friendly and smiling all the time - this is how pinoys are :) I got a room with the view of garden with swimming pools and beach with balcony. Room was big and in continental style. The price is not important here - the climate is worth the money and the quality you get is extremely high.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank jozefg
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I kept only good memories from this resort, from the check in, where the staff upsold me the higher category, but what worth to do it with the great view on the sea.
I found the room a little bit outdated but it was fine, as mostly we were spending our time in the resort area, on the beach or swimming pool. Great private beach, exceptional with the fishes around you just at few meters from the beach.
Staff very good
I stayed as well in Hilton Cebu, (see the review), it is surprising to have so much difference between 2 hotels situated only few hundreds meters away... especially for the quality of the beach and the sea...
I made my choice, I will be back in Shangri-la Cebu

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gaidjin
Reviewed September 10, 2010

first, i have two toddlers and they have a big play zone for free... that is the big bonus for us because there is a variety of activities for our kids, apart from the pool and the beach. there is fish feeding session every morning at the beach, too.
second, there is a happy hour at the bar for my husband's time.. he definitely enjoyed it.
third, there is a shuttle that takes me to the city malls!!
we all had a wonderful time there. will definitely come back

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family