“Amazing!”

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Hong Kong, China
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Lovely resort, stay 2 nights during off peak season, not too busy in the hotel. We got upgrade to the Executive Suites which has an extra area for 2 sunbeds but air con bit noisy. Food is very nice, we order room service and a la carte in Tides, Super and staffs offer us some complimentary dessert and fruit salad. Cowrie Cove- bar and Italian restaurant by the sea side, got the most romantic view, highly recommend for family, couple, honeymoon and wedding. Staffs very helpful, especially on the beach. Can't miss the Chi Spa for sure. Hotel has a shuttle bus service to 2 shopping malls but take a while coz traffic pretty bad in the city. Don't worry you can't get bored in the hotel, watersport, game's room for kids and adult.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank allychong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong kong
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stayed there from the 16 june- 21 june to spoil ourself for our birthday treat.
After reading all the positive review I was really looking forward to a good relaxing 5 star service however greatly disapointed.

From the moment I checked in their reception desk till I left they have no internal communication or update clients and request. On the bill they charged me things I told them was included in my stay and chargeing me things I never used.

The room was run down due to time (17 years) needs a new uplift and TV not plasma.
That was ok but the most disapointing is the airconditioner and bathtub leaked water every time I took a shower or turned on the airconditioner. I called their reception desk to fix it. They send the staff on the first night however the second night and so on my complains went to deaf years.
Suprising waking up ever ymorning and always having to clean the pool of water on the flooor due to the airconditioner was on all night or taking a shower and the floor is wet even you place a towel on the floor. Next I found people were smoking on my non smoking floor.

The most disapointment or let down was when I decided to eat the seafood buffet on the night of my friends birthday. Mega disapontment we all had to leave and pay the bill with in 30 minuites after we enter the restaurant. We all had food poisioning after eating a few of the sea food and we had a very busy night. We were up all night to use the toilet lucky we brought our own meds because called the recption desk but no reply again. (maybe there was no staff at the reception/ operator during the night time that's the reason I can only say if there was someone there then I'm even disapointed in their service). Yes I agree food (breakfast/ lunch/ room service) tried all both service and food quality was so so (basic) not worth 5 star price.

The good thing I would say its good if you have kids they have a good babysitting service or play area. The spa Chi was good better then Mandarin or Marriott Hotel spa service. Staff all polite and smile however I never got what I asked for. Me and my friends can only say either they don't speak english or don't want to serve us (discrimination). However I give them the benefit and say they don't understand english.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank bebeandjimmy
california
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Stayed for four nights from May 10-14, 2010.

After much anticipation I finally made it to this resort and it did not fail to satisfy my desires. From the moment you arrive they treat like royalty with a welcome drink from a lobby greeter . You will know that you have arrived in a different place. The friendly front desk staff gets your stay off to a great start. Throughout the stay the staff was first class and tended to all me needs with a smile.

Stayed in a Premier Sea View room which was so nice and comfortable. The view from the balcony was breathtaking. You could sit there all day and never get tired of it. The bed was very comfortable and had the best sleep in a long time there.

The beach was great and since the hotel was slow there was always plenty of places to lounge and relax. All over the property there really nice places to sit and enjoy the view..esp the hammocks.There are plenty of activities to do and we chose snorkeling. I am still amazed how clear the water was and how many different kinds of fish you can see just a few steps from the shore. We also played golf on the small course which was really nice to get some practice The two pools were incredible also. Bigger than they look in the photos and lots of places to lay in the sun

One thing I did notice is that I couldn't walk more than a few feet and see a new photo opportunity. Around every corner there was another beautiful view.

The breakfast buffets were amazing. Made to order omlettes and the best mangoes I have ever had. You could also get really good sushi..

Cowrie Cove is a great spot to unwind at night after a long day of swimming and laying on the beach

The gym was really great also and had top notch equipment.

The best hotel I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SMC514
Port Moresby,PNG
Reviewed June 15, 2010

This beautiful Resort is a testament to the ShangriLa name! My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the service especially at the beach and poolside. The Ocean wing and Club Lounge staff were always courteous and helpful. The Adventure zone was just perfect for my 2 sons! and again the staff were very caring and entertaining! I'd especially like to mention the Ocean Club Lounge Manager who managed to salvage our flight plans and the rest of our holidays! Thank you so much!
This Resort is perfect for families travelling with young children and for Adults looking for a relaxing sun soaked trip! Anything you could ever want is fully represented here!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Paulinepng
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Great place, very relaxing... food are excellent....

Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank lovelyrose1962
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Visiting this hotel outside of the school holidays the resort had low occupancy and was a fantastic place to relax. With a beautiful beach with white coral sand and crystal clear water where colourful tropical fish swim up to the water's edge this hotel is a little piece of paradise. That said it didn't get off to a perfect start. We booked one of their family suites which are to be found in the Ocean Wing on the ground floor. Travelling with a teenager and a child aged 10 this seemed to be the best arrangement avoiding having to book two rooms, however when we entered the room it smelt damp, however we made allowances due to being in the tropics. When during the night I could feel that the sheets were actually damp the next morning I went to reception and asked to change rooms. A member of staff escorted me to a new family suite room and having opened the door and recognising immediately that this smelt damp upgraded us to an Executive room adding two single beds to the room. This room was absolutely delightful with wonderful views over the sea, a large, very comfortable double bed and an excellent modern bathroom. The holiday took off from there.

All of the staff were very friendly and thoughtful throughout our whole stay. This experience started with the professional way we were greeted at the airport (only a short distance away) all the way through when we dropped at the airport on our return. The staff could not do enough for you.

The resort is very child friendly with not only dedicated swimming pools with slides and water canons but also faciilities for the children to play in to escape the heat of the day. Again the staff in the children's play facility were extremely friendly and professional.

With a good choice of restaurants and bars there is really no reason to leave the resort. The food quality was good - particularly in the Italian restaurant where the chef is absolutely superb. I can honestly say that I have never had such an excellent risotto outside of Italy. Both my wife and I liked it so much that we had it two night's running.

I would highly recommend this hotel for families who want to have a relaxing time in a corner of paradise.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Sayer
Hong Kong
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Everyone said Shangrila is the best hotel in Cebu and I have no doubt on that. Because you do not have many options to choose in Cebu. Service is great and all the staffs are friendly and helpful. I chose there because of their great kids facilities like Kids Club, Ezone. But there are people everywhere and they allowed school tour to enter Adventure Zone which caused more kids to access those kids facilities. You can never have chance to get a chair next to the pool side or beach area. The sand quality is ok but too much seaweeds in there. The food quality in all restaurants just average but overprice. We were stayed at Ocean Wing Family room in the first night and then we requested move to suite for remaining days. The family room located in ground floor which is no view, dark and so many mosquitos. My kids kept on saying don't like this room. (You know what I meant!!!!!!!) Horrible things happened in the first night that made us decided to change room immediately. Don't want to mention the details but have to believe my kids's comment on room from nowon. My husband and kids all love Thailand more than Cebu. This is the second time I came to Cebu and I think it would be the last. One word for this hotel"CROWD"!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
#9 of 42 in Mactan Island
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 31 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!