“Beautiful Resort”

Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed March 7, 2007

The resort was beautiful and the service was great but the food was not as good compared to Makati Shangri-La or EDSA Shangri-La.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (3,719)

Reviewed February 25, 2007

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LadyDi95
Reviewed January 27, 2007

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank BSAMT
Reviewed December 27, 2006

This is one of the nicest resorts we have ever stayed in- and we travel extensively. We spent a week there prior to Christmas with our three teenage boys. My middle son got PADI certified, and my husband and oldest son received their Advanced Diver certification. The grounds are lovely. Service was outstanding! Every morning the pool staff had shaded lounge chairs waiting for me after breakfast, complete with fresh towels (this was on their own, not by my request). The staff made a point of remembering your name, what you liked to drink, etc.

The diving was excellent, plus you could snorkel right off from the beach and see lots of colorful fish (good for me and my youngest son). Although I did not use the Chi spa village, I did have a massage in one of the cabanas overlooking the beach- this was nice!

Food was good. We tried the Tides, Aquos (sp?) and Cowrie Cove restaurants. The food was pricey, but you have to expect that from the Shangri-la.

We would like to return!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank miranda666
Reviewed December 23, 2006

I spent three nights at this absolutely wonderful resort. It was the best place that I have ever been, from the wonderful staff, to the eateries. I will defininatly be spending more time there next time I go to Cebu.

They have a large childrens playground and indoor area, that is really incredible. The beach has fish that you can feed with bread. This was a lot of fun, as well as the snorkeling and diving.

The party I was with enjoyed everything from the massages at Chi, to the live bands that come in on the weekend.

On the first night we got there, I was greeted by 3 fresh mangoes in my room. They were incredible.

I will definitely go again!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank bhyde01
Reviewed December 16, 2006

My Family-Hubby and 4 year old son stayed at this beautiful resort for 16 days.First of all my thanks for all the staff working there for their excellent service. We were greeted everyday with courtesy and smile and whichever part of the hotel we went the staff were so accomodating. A FIVE Star service for a five star hotel.The facilites in this resort was excellent.For those with children-they have a 2 storey play-gym where we could leave our son for 2 hours.This gives us-parents time to ourselves.Thank you Flor,Jean,Ziggy &the rest for looking after our son.The swimming pools are quite big and they have kiddies pool area with slide.The view at the ocean view pool was breathtaking.The beach has white sands and we fed the fishes.My husband rented out a jet ski by half hour or hour and he enjoyed it.The food was excellent.They have 5 restaurants -Tides serve excellent buffett catering for all tastebuds such as Filipino, European, Korean,Japanese, Chinese,Western foods.The Buko Grill & bar by the pool will serve you food by the poolside and they are quite efficient.Thanks to Neil and the rest of the staff.Cowrie served excellent seafood-you can even choose it live and fresh on display.Thanks to staff at Cowrie for accomodating my son-fussy eater.The Spring served chinese food.The Italian by the ocean view served pasta and pizza.If we fancied to stay in the room service was fantastic and efficient. The menu had a good variety of choices.They also have the E-zone which has a games room,one can access the internet or even book a karoake room for party of 12.We tried it and it was a wonderful experience.Thanks to roly, philip and the rest of the staff.If the guest fancied a haircut or their nails done they have their own saloon.Next to this was a good size Gym which my husband thoroughly made use of.The rooms were of very good size and cleaned everyday. Thanks to Andrew and the rest of cleaning staff for doing a excellent job. The Chi Spa is their pride and joy and I would recommend every guest to try it.They have cultural shows during the week that presents native Filipino dances whilst enjoying a buffett of Filipino delicacies.At the lobby they have entertainment every night.And if the guests were feeling ill, they have their own 24 hour clinic and will deliver the prescription to the guest room. If you fancy going out of the resort for some serious shoping the shuttle bus(free) will take you to SM then Ayala Mall by the hour. They also have their in-house car service through Avis for safety and convenience. However if you fancy a transport thats cheap & meter you can always use Spider Taxis (2591579)which will collect you at the gate.We had a fantastic time at this resort and will definitely recommend it to our friends and families.The tight security at the resort entrance made us feel more secure as guests in this resort.The next time we come back to this resort we will have to stay for 3 weeks at least.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family

#9 of 43 in Mactan Island
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#16 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!