4,360 results
All reviews ocean wing cowrie cove chi spa adventure zone tides restaurant ocean club lounge buko bar fish food marine sanctuary chinese restaurant mini golf private beach fish feeding breakfast buffet white sand beach hong kong shuttle bus
Selected filters
Reviewed June 2, 2019

Came here from Los Angeles, had a great time! Beautiful resort, mainly family oriented, but amazing nonetheless. Great food at their restaurants.

They have a few bars, but the lobby lounge bar was my favorite by far. Great service from all their servers, especially Nicole, Hannah, Eloisa & Amelyn from the lobby lounge bar, they were all amazing and very attentive.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

Dear Jtrejo50,

It's always a joy to know we have lived up to-- or better yet exceeded-- our guests' expectations. Absolutely thrilled to know you had an amazing stay with us, and thank you for your kind words to Nicole, Hannah, Eloisa, and Amelyn. I will surely share this with them.

We loved having you here in the resort, and I do hope you come back to rediscover the wonders that you've missed during your recent trip like the swimming pools, CHI the Spa, our Marine Sanctuary and out other exciting activities in store for all our guests. See You!

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

We had the most wonderful stay at the Shangri-la Mactan. We stayed at the ocean club room. The staff at the ocean club lounge was so friendly and super super nice!!! They always made sure that we are okay and that we are able to enjoy the resort to the fullest. We would to thank Jimmel and all the staff at the ocean club lounge for making our stay extra special. We’ll definitely be back.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear anitago_adventure,

Thank you for reciprocating our smiles with your kind words to the resort. It always brings us joy whenever guests appreciate the little things that we do--- it keeps us going.

We're glad to know that you have experienced our trademark Shangri-la hospitality, one that welcomes each guests' as part of our family. I'm really overwhelmed by your kind remarks to Jimmel and the rest of the ocean club staff. That being said-- I do hope you come back and discover sumptuous cuisines, and magnificent views to take you in. See You.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

We were traveling to the Philippines for our anniversary and it was actually my wife’s choice to stay at Shangri La’s Mactan Resort and what an amazing decision it was. Firstly, I was a bit skeptical as there were many mixed reviews on TripAdvisor and we were to spend our anniversary day and dinner at the resort however I am so pleased we followed my wife’s instinct and gave it a shot

From the minute we arrived, we were greeted with huge smiles with every member of staff trying their best to ensure we have everything we needed.

The room was beautiful, a panoramic one and in the ocean wing and on the 5th floor overlooking the serene and beautiful blue crystal clear waters. The view was one that could be enjoyed for hours. The room was also clean with very comfortable bedding and a well working air conditioner (extremely important for me as I tend to feel extremely hot at night)

Throughout our stay we ate at three of their restaurants and everything was top notch.
The first night which was our anniversary dinner, we spent at Acqua, the Italian restaurant. Extremely delicious food, superb hospitality and a huge thanks to Rose, Jovan and Jerald lead by manager Michael who made sure that we were happy after each and every dish that was served. The wonderful staff also brought us a wonderful cake and celebrated with us. I am really lost for words at the level of service they offered.

The next day for lunch we ate at Tea of Springs serving Chinese cuisine. Here, it was Marjun who served us and was amazing in making sure we had everything we needed. Starting from serving, to guiding on what to order, customizing our dishes to carving up the Beijing Peking duck. A huge shout out to Marjun who provided us with 5 star service and also gave us a cake for our anniversary thought it was the night before :-)

Finally, our third meal was at Cowrie Cove where Lovejoy ensured top notch service. A huge thanks for an amazing candle lit dinner by the serene water.

I would also like to give a shout out to Rhenzo by the beach who stayed back longer just so that we could have our wonderful video done as we were leaving the next day.

Finally, thanks to Rene, the general manager, who gave us a spectacular room, arranged flowers, chocolates, a cake and even a great bottle of wine for our Anniversary and his wonderful team who took care of us every step of the way and ensured we had an unforgettable anniversary and wonderful meteorites to bring back with us.

This resort is highly recommended for its 5 star service, food and staff

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank aleefpasha
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Dear aleefpasha,

Fantastic review! Nothing brightens our day more than reading positive reviews from our guests. What sets Shangri-La apart from the rest is our people, and I’m proud to say that the team in Mactan is composed of some of the most hospitable people I have ever come across.

We’d love to have you back, so you can take pleasure in our sumptuous cuisine, gentle coastlines and transporting sunsets again. Until then, get your daily dose of our sunny paradise on our Instagram @shangrilamactan.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2019

My family and I were so move about the exceptional reception we received by the hotel administrator James Barriga. The staff were courteous, friendly and welcoming.
We will treasure this awesome experience. Thank you

Room tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

Dear FrequentFlier654748,

Thank you for such a heart-melting review. We are truly blessed to have guests like you who appreciate the things that we do to make your stay special.

We can't wait to have you back so you can savor sumptuous dining experiences, try out exciting watersport adventures and relax in our spa haven here in your favorite seaside address.

Reviewed May 23, 2019

had dinner date with my gorgeous gf and they made it amazing, Service was awesome theresa,lovelyjoy and allan was very accommodating, specially theresa, very attentive to us and has remained patient,despite us being so demanding when it comes to service.it really was a 5star service. kudos to theresa and company! mabuhay!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Jmar A,

What sets Shangri-la apart from the rest is our people, and I'm proud to say that the team in Mactan is composed of some of the most hospitable people I have ever come across. Thank you for appreciating Theresa, Lovejoy, and Allan. I will certainly share this with them.

We'd love to have you back so you can take pleasure in our sumptuous cuisine, gentle coastlines, and transporting sunrise.