4,340 results
All reviews ocean wing cowrie cove chi spa adventure zone tides restaurant ocean club lounge buko bar fish food marine sanctuary chinese restaurant mini golf private beach fish feeding breakfast buffet white sand beach hong kong shuttle bus
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Upon arrival they lost my booking. After a long wait, they then offered me free airport shuttle as compensation. This is something that I was later told was already free. I didn’t have breakfast the first morning, on the second morning was slightly late getting to one of the places so was directed to an alternate spot for the breakfast (which I’d paid for as part of the booking). When I went to check out I was told that this was not included because it wasn’t at the right venue at hotel and that because I couldn’t remember the name of the staff member that gave me the instruction that there was nothing else that could be done apart from flagging it to senior management that I wasn’t happy. On the bill they had missed out on charging me for two beverages that I’d ordered on the day of check out. The lady at the desk said she’d take these off the bill as compensation. Yet when I went back to the pool, I was then told I had to pay for them as they were missed out of the check out bill. After much insistence to call front desk the waiter left but never returned to apologise or flag the issue as sorted. Finally because the line to check out was very long, I asked for late check out. They said that 1hr extension was possible but not two hours. When checking out I was informed that there was no one going into the room so the hotel decided that they’d prefer I stand in a line that relax in the room. I was recommended this hotel by a number of colleagues who frequent Cebu, when I return I shall ensure I find alternate better venues and start suggesting these instead. Very disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Sammyc1987
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I attended a summit in Cebu my 3-day stay here was perfect. The place and food was perfect, specially what they serve for breakfast. The staff are also approachable. Will definitely come back to this place with my friends.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mingming95,

Excellent review! Other than being a place of adventure and fun, the resort is also a serene oasis where one can find infinite relaxation, and I'm very happy you got to experience that. :)

Our tranquil haven will be waiting for your next return. Do visit us soon for another well-deserved break from the hustle and bustle of every day. See you!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Shangrila Mactan never disappoints my family and I. This is our 11th year going to this hotel and we still love it and we never get tired of it. Apart from the many restaurants they have, a huge pool and beautiful beach, spa, children's play area, it's the service of the hotel staff that stands out. I commend Jimmel, Catherine, Hannah from Club Lounge. But from the other outlets, we commend Albino, Jon Paul and one other guy who I forgot his name. Everyone must experience the Shangrila Mactan at least once in their life. We will surely come back next year!

Room tip: Rooms facing the beach is always the best when you wake up to a great morning!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear EurasianFamily,

Wow! It's always a joy to hear positive remarks, especially from our loyal guests like you. We're glad to know you appreciate our trademark Shangri-la hospitality, one that welcomes each guest as part of our family. I'm really overwhelmed by your commendation to Jimmel, Catherine, Hannah, Albino, and Jon Paul---- they must have done something truly exceptional for you to remember all their names.

I'm delighted to know that you had a fantastic holiday with us, and we can't wait to welcome you back again in your favorite seaside address.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thank you to the staff of Shangri-La and the staff of Acqua restaurant which made our stay here extra special. Really enjoyed these past few days!
Really grateful to the staff of Acqua, jesse and edelweiss and to the chefs and other staff of Shangri-La because they really made sure we had a memorable one! To more stays in Shangri-La!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear marinif,

Indeed there's more to the resort than meets the eye, and I personally believe that our trademark Shangri-La hospitality is what makes all the difference.

What sets Shangri-La apart is our people, and I'm proud to say that the team composed of the most beautiful people I have ever come across. We'd love to have you back, so you can take pleasure in our sumptuous cuisine, gentle coastlines, and transporting sunrise. See you.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If you want a unique way of spending your weekend, you can try this educational cacao tour! The very friendly, bubbly and pretty Chocolate Sommelier Amelyn will bring you to a whole new world of chocolatey goodness with history, science and growth opportunity of the Philippine Cacao industry! I strongly recommend this tour to everyone who appreciates world class quality chocolates! You will learn a lot of things and for sure you will see “sikwate” (hot chocolate drink) differently after the experience!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Aruel B,

Fantastic Review!

I'm thrilled to know that you discovered----Our Best Kept Secret! La Tierra de Chocolate is truly an experience that shouldn't be missed.

Receiving guest recommendations always brightens up our day. Thank you for your kind words about the tour, the sikwate we are serving, and most of all to our Chocolate Sommelier Amelyn. We'd love to welcome back and see you write more blissful memories in the sand. See you!