4,348 results
All reviews ocean wing cowrie cove chi spa adventure zone tides restaurant ocean club lounge buko bar fish food marine sanctuary chinese restaurant mini golf private beach fish feeding breakfast buffet white sand beach hong kong shuttle bus
Selected filters
Reviewed June 19, 2016

The resort is very close to the airport, only 15 mins car drive. Room is very spacious and absolutely clean. We stayed at Ocean Wing, which is quieter than at the main wing. Breakfast is served at both Ocean Wing and Main Wing but the main wing has much more food choice.
What I love the most is the beach, white sand and crystal clear water. Its a bit crowded on weekend. The sun rises very early in Cebu. You can go to the beach at 6am and have the whole beach for yourself. And its very safe also. The resort provides life-vest and there are enough life-guards to watch out for you.
I really enjoyed my stay there.
It was almost perfect except for little bit hiccup during the check-in. We booked the couple retreat package which includes complimentary welcome drink and praline, one set-meal dinner for 2 and some other activities. However, when we arrived and check-in, the receptionist didn't explain anything. She just gave us the resort map. Until we told her that we booked the package, she just printed from computer a list activities included in the package, without any explanation. There was no welcome drink in the room until we called and asked for it. It would be nicer if the staff was more attentive and informative during check-in because its the first impression when the guests arrive at the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hana_DT
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

Dear anahmas,

Thank you for the comments, and while I’m a bit disappointed to hear that it was not a perfect stay – please be assured we will review our check-in procedures as your experience was not reflective of our usual Shangri-La hospitality – I do hope you will consider returning for another holiday here in Mactan.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2016

This is our second time in the hotel and still really surprise me. The place was buzzing with loads of tourists and staffs are very friendly and courteous. The room is big and the bed was huge. clean room. Food on breakfast was not only a variety but it was around the world. The beach was full - I can see they added a lot more activities for everybody. There was a girl goind around the beach with a huge 2 packs of water and a tap like on both hands to hydrate everybody on the beach.

Dear Rihuli,

Glad to have you back as well, and hope it won’t be the last. :) There are always pleasant surprises to discover here – from deals of the day on watersports, to spa offers, to new menu highlights.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2016

We booked a private car to collect us; however they did have a shuttle bus on a first come first serve basis, which we decided not to do last minute. The driver was polite and very safe and the car clean and had brilliant AC. The airport was approx. 15 minutes drive from the airport- but once there it felt like we were miles away. On entry the car and driver goes through a security checkpoint with sniffer dogs, this gave us that safe feeling. Once in the entry was gorgeous. The check in was OK - though we did arrive when some were checking out at the same time and a few checking also. We stayed in the Ocean wing (room 5022) and was just amazed at how decent the room size was. The only negative was that we did mention we would need an extra bed, so not sure why there was a need for a spare table also in the room as it was never used and stuck under the main table. The view from our balcony was great - we had slight but sufficient view of the ocean. The bathroom was a good size and the queen sized bed was huge and comfortable (another minor negative is the pillows - just too soft and not enough). The room was clean and cool and apart from the minor negatives - very comfortable. The beach itself is about 3 minutes walk from the hotel lobby (Ocean Wing). The Hotel literally had everything you could think of and catered for all , but my happiness was that it catered for kids!. At the beach there were enough lounges for all and was never that busy that there were o space. The water is shallow and had safety signs and lifeguards everywhere. You can order from the comfort of your chaise or take a 1 minute stroll to the café restaurant to eat. The food was OK and minimal on choice and after a couple of days it did get a bit boring, but it sufficed for the kids. The main hotel had a kids splash area where it had a kids water slide and mini pool that is shallow and also shaded, with their own lifeguard. This to me had to be the highlight, as very few hotels go as far as thinking of doing something like this. Our 2 and 3 year olds loved and didn't want to leave. The evening entertainment was good, and had something cultural whilst we were there. They also had indoor play area and this was also fantastic as the evenings were very humid and the play area was great to tire the kids. The staff are friendly and also attentive.
The breakfast was ok, another minor negative was that the only thing they did not have was cereal. The one thing the kids were looking for was cereal.
Other than that- This hotel is just fantastic. I have mentioned it to another family and they are looking to book also based on what I have stated. I would definitely put this hotel in my top 3 hotels I've visited - and I have visited quite a few.

Room tip: We couldn't hear anything and we had kids next door to us
1  Thank Ansu C

Dear Ansu C,

Wow, thank you for such a detailed review and for recommending us to your friends! I will look into the minor issues that you raised, of course – and I am sorry the kids did not find the cereal station but I do hope they located our pancake lady at the kids’ buffet station in Tides!

The Mactan family and I look forward to your next visit.

All the best,

Reviewed June 17, 2016

This is my 3rd trip to Cebu over the past 5-7 yrs but 2nd return to Shangri-La. Came here on business during my EU-SEACOOP days and knew I had to bring the family down. Very family friendly, especially for the kids. Enjoyed the facilities - restaurants, beach, pool, recreation centre, airport shuttle. There's enough activities to keep you occupied and stay on resort. No complaints. Will come back again.

Room tip: Book well in advance to enjoy the best rates

Dear wilsonlau_sg,

It’s great that you experienced the resort on both business and leisure, and I’m delighted to read that you absolutely enjoyed it.

Looking forward to welcome you and your family back for another holiday soon.

With best wishes,

Reviewed June 17, 2016

The grounds were beautiful, the staff was very friendly and courteous, but food options were limited and the prices were outrageous. There were limited dining options - either fork out over $150 US for buffet dinner for two - or go hungry.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank sfdelaney

Dear sfdelaney,

I’m disappointed to know that your sentiments about our prices, especially since our dinner buffet is approximately USD 98 for two on weekends and USD 94 for two on weekdays, quite reasonable for the incredible international selection.

It's also unfortunate you were not able to experience our other dining options – we have special menu items in all our restaurants that offer great value for money.
I do hope you will consider returning for another stay with us.

Kind regards,