...to just have a holiday or meeting, like we had.
We arrived at the airport, all 20 of us to join other groups at the hotel for a meeting. Straight off, things were looking good with hotel reps clearly identifying themselves and sorting out our luggage and ourselves.
Arrival & check in at the hotel was the most easy I have ever experienced with us being whisked away from the other guests and into our own meeting place for registration, of course, with the attending mango juice. In 10 minutes, the whole group were being shown their rooms to freshen up and explore.
I must say, with the meeting times, we took a few days to explore the hotel with its many activities.
Lets start with the room. I had a garden (I think) facing room with a balcony. I think all rooms have balconies, but I may be wrong. I'm looking right at what seems like a nursery and the aircraft flight path. Not noisy though. Room was well appointed and if anyone has read my reviews, my pet hate is slow connection and lack of power points. My room had great connection speed and enough points, international points, I might add, so these deserve AAA rating. Bed was good as were the pillows. No stiff neck during the whole week. TV is LCD and enables me to hook up my hard drive to watch movies. bathroom amenities were more than adequate, although I usually bring my own stuff. Cleaners were very attentive and knew what to do. Good job there.
We only had breakfast at the outlets like Tides and Acqua, lunch being catered in a ballroom for us. Dinner is when we would go out and try the local fare. Breakfast, no drama. Has enough to cater for many tastes and what is there is all very palatable. Restaurant staff, like all staff elsewhere in the hotel were above par.
Catered lunch was good buffet as were the coffee breaks. I have to thank Demi & Paul for making the breaks enjoyable. They remembered how I liked my coffee exactly!!
On the subject of food, we had a gala dinner by the beach and food was great. I'm not a fussy eater, but I don't take too much. However, I found myself going back for more and more and more, tiny portions of course, it all adds up.
Activities? Anything you need....swimming, gym, spa, snorkelling, whatever....all catered for. My kids didn't want to leave even after a week.
Great live band as well, if I may add.
But as with any good hotel, staff is always the ones making the difference. This place has great people working there and they make our stay enjoyable, very enjoyable.
Would I return? You bet. My 3 year old is asking if we could have a holiday there again.
If you're the type to stay in a resort and make use of the facilities, the Shangri-La Mactan is a good place to do it. However, if you also like to explore the surroundings and get a bit of shopping done in modern malls, you'll find that its a bit far from those kind of places, like I did. But even then, the resort was lovely, the weather kind and the people more so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island