The service in Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and spa was outstanding everyone was very polite. The entire hotel was kept in excellent condition, everything was nice and clean.
The room was very clean and organized. Housekeeping provided us with a very fun experience too! A housekeeper named Paul Mars made a turtle and monkey out of towels for my children. He service was also very good too.
The marine sanctuary was magnificent, you could see lots of fishes while snorkeling. Lots of species were found such as the clown fish! There is an activity called Snorkeling Safari provided by the resort for free, an instructor will guide a group around the sanctuary. Life Jackets are provided, but the snorkels and fins are not.
The dinner buffet at tides needs improvement like more different types of food. [Warning]!! Better make a reservation early to avoid 30 minute waits. Tea of Spring (The Chinese restaurant) had delicious food, with an excellent waitresses (Belle) and Chefs.
In the Ocean Lounge all the staff were very nice with good service, but these two Catherine and Melcy provided us with an excellent experience and stay.
Dean at Concierge helped us a lot too!
I actually wanted to stay 5 nights from March 22-27, but due to issues mentioned below we only stayed from March 25-27.
[WARNING]: If you bring a child with a different last name as yours bring s/he birth certificate to prove that s/he is your child or you will encounter a fee at the immigration or the airline won't let your board the plane (It happened to us, the airline wouldn't let us board the plane wasting us 2 nights). Also you will have to pay a terminal fee before you depart. (550 Philippine Peso per person), they also take U.S dollars, but the exchange rate isn't the current exchange rate, you better ask carefully because they have tried to change the price on us.
If you haven't joined Shangri-La's golden circle membership (Free) I recommend you do so, the benefits are very good, but they vary on different levels.
We will definitely come back!
Just in general my family have found that most filipino's are all very polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island