We did not stay here, we just had dinner and some drinks at the lobby lounge, well just want to share my experience on one of their dining outlets.
Upon entering the lobby i just feel like i look more foreigner than everybody else, except for the staff which are majority Filipinos, the lobby is full of foreign guests. We sat on the smoking area facing the pool area.
We we're handed a menu that i would say 80% beverage, 20% food, maybe because we are at the lobby lounge, which is more like a bar than a restaurant. Anyways we ordered a couple of beers, some sandwiches, coffee etc. There's a live band , playing good music, nice crowd mostly families.
One thing i noticed though is that we we're treated differently from the rest of the crowds, every time a staff/server attends to a foreigner guest, they are always with this sweet smile, very attentive and a bit sociable, but to us they are like way too blank as if they wanted us to leave ASAP. Was it because they know we are not hotel guests or they assume that we don't have enough dough ( well their right ) but still we are paying customers and the excellent service these foreigners get should be given to us too.
Well thanks to them, i will now work harder to earn more and get rich, and when i made it i would go back to this hotel, get like 10 rooms for me only, reserve the whole lobby and partee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island