“Definitely will return!”

Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
“Definitely will return!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Beautiful resort with passionate hospitality. Should dine at Cowrie Cove, seafood was delicious. Lobby lounge was fun and the staff were extremely nice. The breakfast was very satisfying with varieties and international selections.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Yuka W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed there for 5 days during our company's officers conference. I brought with me my wife, 2 kids and an infant. Our conference went out very smooth. The conference halls were quite good,spacious and quite, although the microphones malfunctions sometimes, but the staffs were very attentive with our needs. My kids really enjoyed playing with other kids on the playhouse. They have a wide variety of foods to choose from, depending on your preference. Lastly we had a really good time swimming with my kids at the swimming pool and at the beach. We experienced feeding the fish at the beach and swim with them.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank nijhelix
Phoenix
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I always like giving feedback, and i always want to make sure feedback is objective. Let me start with the positive
(1) Room- fantastic! Sea view room is beautiful. Make sure you get the high floors. I would suggest 5F-7F, because it is stunning. Toiletries, bed, linens- 5 star- fabulous!
(2) Customer Service-- exceeding expectations! Let me mention a couple of names: Daniel at the front desk is very accommodating, always has a smile in his face. He made my first hour great as he made sure we are taken care of. The server at the Tides Lunch buffet, "Rose" is very friendly and accommodating. Great Job Shangril-a, we are extremely happy with everyone. Whenever you walk, someone would always greet us good morning/afternoon, always with a smile. We are all appreciative of these great gesture.
(3) Amenities--- i have travelled around the world, and i would say shangri-la mactan has 5-star amenities! Clean and well-maintained.
(4) Although i have not heard from their GM on the email i sent, i am thankful that his staff took care of my needs..It saus a lot on how management work, i do not feel bad about not getting a response from the GM, because the staff took over and made sure we are taken care of.

Areas for Improvement:
(1) Quality of Food
Tides - (+) I am very happy with the fruits, and fresh fruit juice- this compensated for all the other below par food. (-) I am not sure if you do a taste test with everything that you serve. This is not about the chef but more of the quality of the product. You serve 2 kinds of longanizza, I tasted the beef one- and it is not good. Lunch buffet (Nov 21) : your maja de blanca is awful, sapin sapin is awful: these 2 don't deserve to be in a shangri-la buffet.

Acqua (Nov 21)-- worst restaurant that i have tried. We ordered a risotto gamberi- it tastes like "lugaw" or porridge and it cost like Php 475+ tax and SC. Your pizza is ok (we got the one with anchovies), but nothing to be proud of.

In house Dining (Nov 21) -- Yang Chow - horrific. This is a simple food, and Shangri-la cannot do it right? I was disappointed.

Except for the food- my stay was awesome! Customer Service at its best!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PhoenixGeisha
Marco V, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Mr. PhoenixGeisha,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns and I apologize for being remiss in responding to your email.

It is our commitment to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible during their travels, and we regret falling short of our goal.

We hope you will experience the improvement in our culinary offers during your next visit.
Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact me directly at marco.vazzoler@shangri-la.com.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The resort is huge and every corner is luxury. I had a birthday party for 50pax on the Ocean Pavilion way back 2009. Service won't disappoint you. I so love the place. I finally got back August 2013 to celebrate my husband's birthday. We indulged ourselves with the US$400 spa package in Chi Spa. We had our own private villa with complete amenities. The milk bath in a huge tub facing the well landscaped garden was superb! Complete body massage including facial treatment were great too. That was the highlight for our second stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Ocean wing are more accessible for all the pools & beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank June_198030
near Leek
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here on business and felt really spoilt as usual ! The staff here give a really high level of service and go out of their way to look after you, especially if you are a repeat guest.
I had not been there an hour when someone was taking the ice bucket off me to get ice for me and someone else was ordering room service for me.. you feel very lucky to be staying there !
I had just arrived from another hotel in Bangkok, that itself has brilliant service but the Shangri la takes it to a whole new level !
I sleep really well when I stay at there and although technically a work trip, I love it when I get chance to use the beach area which is beautiful and the pool looks magical in the evening when I manage a swim.

I will look forward to staying there again

Room Tip: Rooms with a view over the pool with a sea view are lovely
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JaneG85
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed at Shangri-La Mactan, November 3rd - 12th, while attending a medical seminar. Very accommodating staff and luxurious facilities. Felt very safe and sheltered during Typhoon Yolanda. One of the best stays I have experienced, which says a lot, especially since I am away from home 60% of the time. Fantastic breakfast buffet! Excellent service throughout the resort. Onsite Avis car & driver very convenient for spontaneous use. Beautiful landscaping.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon M
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed in the excellent Mactan Shangri-La hotel when on business in Cebu, a thriving city. It was an excellent base, close to the airport and not far from Cebu. An hour spent on the white sandy beach was superb for snorkelling with lots of colourful fish and I played on the good 6 hole par-3 golf course. Breakfast was a buffet feast of great variety. Good, free wifi - no password.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

#9 of 42 in Mactan Island
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#13 of 31 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!