Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mactan Golden Motel(Cebu Island)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
3,850 results
All reviewsocean wingcowrie covechi spaadventure zonetides restaurantocean club loungebuko barfish foodmarine sanctuarymini golfchinese restaurantprivate beachtropical fishfish feedingbreakfast buffetwhite sand beachplay area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

welcome drinks...
upgraded to a larger room.
complementary fast wifi to almost every location, no need to log in
adapters for power outlets are readily available, a great use for international travellers
110V/220V power outlet.
nice beach and view

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a lovely enjoyable 5days here, lovely pool area and private beach. Hotel buffet was very good and great selection of water sports on beach. Loved the hotel room, and hotel is not far from the airport. As I am currently living in Asia and making the most of visiting as many places as possible and I have to say that inline with other Shangri La hotels (including Rasa Ria), I do not think you should have to pay high prices per session for the children's club. I also would advise you that drinks etc are very expensive for this part of the world, I do not mind paying higher prices but the prices here are quite frankly a rip off. Breakfast could also be abit of a cattle market and on the last day people had to sit in the restaurant next door as it was too full.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having spent the first week of our honeymoon in a quiet resort and spa in Boracay, I decided we needed something a little more mainstream for the next week. I had seen a video blog of a visit to this hotel and it seemed to be ideal, so I made the booking based on the strength of the Vlog.
Kat and I took the hotel shuttle from the airport to the resort, and we were impressed by the sheer size of the estate as we drove up the driveway. Some upgrades are being carried out at the moment, so we couldn't see everything and there are some hoardings in place to separate guests and the construction work.
We had a small problem upon arrival, despite being made aware of our flight details and that we arrived around 2:30pm our room was not ready, subsequently there were a few communication breakdowns, but we were able to get to our room by 5pm, having grabbed some lunch and had an opportunity to relax by the pool in the mean time.
The facilities at the resort are excellent, several pools, a kiddie pool with attendants, gym, several shops, a number of bars and restaurants and an exclusive spa. There is also a watersports centre for diving, snorkelling, jetski etc. You could spend your entire time within the resort, leaving only if swimming in the sea as everything you could need is provided.
The rooms are excellent, clean and tidy and a good size with modern TVs and quiet aircon. The hotel operates a shuttle service into Cebu City if you wish to explore or go shopping, which we did on a couple of occasions.
The breakfasts buffet was excellent with plenty of choice from a variety of cuisines and lots of fruit and juices for the more health conscious. The staff were most attentive and helpful if any item ran out.
I have only one complaint, which might seem unfair in such an up-market establishment, but do they really need to charge PHP150 for a beer or a can of Coke, that is equivalent to US$3.5 or GBP2.25?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The shangri la mactan resort is located on a huge property with its own private beach. The rooms are very spacious, beds are great to sleep on, amenities including the pool offers crystal clear water, perfect temperature. The buffet is also excellent. Perfect for a family getaway or romantic stay. The service and quality of the hotel is what you would expect from the Shangrila. With that also comes the steep price. With rooms averaging $300 USD and up. The saying is true, you get what You pay for! It's also close to the airport and about a 20 minute ride into the city. Recommended by me. I have stayed here 3 times!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Prince H
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have been to Cebu about four times and have stayed at a different resort each time. Shangri-la is by far the best resort on Mactan. However, it's the most costly resort. If you have the money to spend on a nice resort, please go with Shangri-La.
The private beach is nice since most of Mactan doesn't have a beach. Other resorts have beaches too but don't come close to Shangri-la's.
The dinner was a bit over priced but the food was good.
I like to eat out in the local shops when I go to Cebu. And I also do snorkeling trips with people outside of the resort. It's not dangerous.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple