My family and I have been coming to this hotel for the past 5 years as part of our family's yearly getaway from the busy city life. We love staying in the Ocean Wing area due to its nice, quiet and private location vs the main tower wing. I have always enjoyed the hotel and its service and must truly say that the design and layout of the whole hotel is absolutely excellent. However, for this year's trip, there are signs that the hotel seems to be getting "tired". The Ocean Wing rooms we were assigned to (2012 and 2022) needs a renovation quick as they look old and beaten up. Cabinet hinges are loose and scratches on cabinets can be seen. The sliding door out to a small terrace takes a lot of effort to open and close. The toilet shower/tub sealant have signs of molding on them. On our first day, We had to request for a new blanket as the one that came with the room smelled bad. This was not good considering we arrived early and were told that the rooms were still being cleaned/prepared for us. The outside eating area of the restaurant, Tides, had an unusually high count of flies that should be controlled.
Service is also not as good as before. We asked for plates to be brought up to our room for a family in room dinner...and ended up eating dinner without plates. Someone kept calling to ask if the plates have already been brought up but they never came.
Staff are still friendly and always have the warm smile and greeting but the service quality level (and not just the character/ personality level) really have to be brought up to a higher standard similar to the previous years.
The beach still looks good and have fishes swimming all over the place. But given the very short beach front, it can get crowded given that the beach is open for use by hotel guests and locals who can pay to use the beach facilities. No too much privacy couples but ok for families.
For what its worth, the pillows and bed still allows a good night's rest.
It would be best to upgrade the rooms and service level fast given the Shangrila name is labelled all over the place. Hopefully, when we visit again in a year's time, the upgrades can be seen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island