A few days before our wedding at the Shangri La, we stayed in the Panorama Suite overlooking the ocean. The club rooms have their own building and lobby which made it very exclusive and convenient. The room was average, food was good at the club room. The breakfast was great at Tides/Tea of Spring. The hotel has so many facilities and activities to offer. We went jet-skiing and snorkelling. It was amazing to see so many fishes while swimming in the beach. They got 2 or more BIG pools, you can also golf/mini golf near the helipad area. The days before our wedding were fun and relaxing at the same time.
We had our wedding ceremony at the Ocean Pavilion and the reception in Mactan Ballroom. The best person to contact when it comes to wedding is Lea of Shangri La events. Everyone enjoyed the wedding, with such varieties of good food, we also did a helicopter ride around shangri-la on our wedding day, and if you want to do it during your trip just ask anyone from reception and they will give you packages.
Walk around Shangri La daytime for photo-taking. Walk around Shangri La night time as well, since it is very soothing. Go somewhere near the ocean pavilion and the chi spa, go near the beach there is a deck there as well and at night time it is very romantic to walk around before going to sleep. Never forget to go swimming in the beach and go snorkelling and head to those "platforms on the water" it is totally fun. Try all the pools and facilities they have.
Overall, we never regretted staying at the Shangri-La. It was awesome. Even choosing it as venue for our special day was an excellent choice. It is definitely the best place to tie the knot or as a venue for your reception. Wedding guests will sure love it as well.
One thing though, Shangri La Mactan rooms are small and old. So if you are looking for a hotel with a good and updated room, and you wont be spending much time enjoying their facilities, then dont go to this hotel. But if you are in for a fun but relaxing trip with partner, family, kids, and friends, and you have a lot of time to enjoy their facilities, then choose Shangri La, it will be definitely be worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island