“perfect vcation”

Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed January 19, 2013

my first visit was back 2009 and came back again last november 2012 & brought almost my whole family along..my dad was very pleased to the hotel mainly because of the excellent landscapes, the room with a great view of the beach & of course the breakfast to the restos both tides & acqua satisfied our tummies. But the Tea of Spring when we dined in with my bff, mom & dad gosh... its really expensive..ordering a fish, 3 cups of rice & a stir fry veggie & one cup of soup cost us PHP3K+ not to mention the food is really bland. my bff & i just had a hard laugh about it.

service staff were very courteous & polite..my son (alexander) & my niece (alessandra) had a great time in the beach, swimming pool, play room plus we were surprised that there is a time zone inside the hotel. dont forget to avail your 1 hour free kayak, & snorkeling once checked in.

wheel chairs are available for seniors.. there is also a booth inside the airport available for their shuttle service going to the hotel.

overall rating excellent!!...will highly recommend for families

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank abyong
There are newer reviews for Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Title says Everything. Its my Favorite among All the Hotels i've been. Upon entry the vast garden heavily secured and guarded gates welcomes you. as you enter the Lobby the cool wind, nice welcome juice, folk dance will make you feel like a VIP. The staff will take care of your check in procedures so all you need to do is enjoy. Choose the sea view room as always and the BIG Marsmallow like Bed will just make you feel like a KING. The Buffet is something not to be missed. even here in Makati Shang the Buffet is something not to be missed same as the one at Intercontinental Makati ( best hotel buffet i have tried ) so going back to Shang Cebu. Take your towel go to the Pool which is really Deep and Fun. more Play under water with this depth. Take your bfast outside the garden with all the maya maya birds chirping and asking for crumbs. Its really pure vacation and luxury i may say. The Bar in the evening is a bit pricey for a cocktail drink but it wont hurt if you tell the hotel bar staff if he can be a friend and give you a buy 1 get 1 free refill. i always get 1 when i stay. The beach. Mactan island is a rocky area to have a Boracay type of beach, but i guess shang did something to remove those rocks so that you can enjoy the beach with white sand. i suggest to rent the Catamaran and sail in the middle, they do have lessons for 1st timer and its a good water sport to enjoy. BTW shangrila is near the airport so its better to stay here after you see everything in cebu city so that you dont need to travel back to cebu city to shop, but incase you forgot to buy your CNT lechon and danggit, then the hotel provides free shuttle to sm cebu and glorieta.

Room Tip: Choose the Room on a Higher Floor with Sea View.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BrawnJoeBlack
Reviewed January 14, 2013

resorts I`ve ever been to.

Everything was perfect - there is nothing more to say.

Only minus point may be the restaurants located in Shangri-la. they are expensive and the food is OK, but it`s not very good as you would expect from the Shangri la. Best was by far the pizza in the Italian restaurant.

Shangri la is also big enough that you are not directly confronted with the neighbourhood in Mactan, which is mostly slum-like.

If you want to dive, I would recommend to compare prices with the Shangri la`s diving school and schools from outside.

The breakfast was excellent, the service as well! For children the resort is a wonderlad - lot`s of playground there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank El N
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a great resort in most ways: great service, really great food for breakfast, huge, amazing selection of all kinds of breakfasts from around the world. Beautiful grounds, a really fun playground. It has a nice beach if a bit small. I loved the schools of fish swimming around me. It also has a fabulous play area for kids, a full on adventure space the likes of which I have never seen. My nephew had a blast. The room we stayed in was nice, nothing hugely special, but I was comfortable. The real attraction was all there was to see and do there.

Here's why I gave it two stars: I used the workout room and went to sit in the steam room. I didn't stay long because it smelled odd and thought there may be something that looked like mold on the walls. I couldn't tell because it was so dark in there. I went back the next day to check it out and almost fainted. Not only was there mold all over the walls, there were several different colors of mold; black, yellow something pinkish. Maybe more, I didn't stay to really examine it. I was horrified that I had breathed the air in that room for even a minute. What kind of 5-star resort would allow a health hazard this disgusting to happen? Mold like that doesn't happen overnight. It must have been festering there for a LONG time.

I sought out management to let them know about this problem, and their response was insincere and underwhelming. That steam room needed to be boarded up and condemned. This was one small thing in an otherwise great experience, but I can't think about Shangri-La at Mactan and not see that filthy, revolting mold in my mind. Totally ruined it for me.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank luisabele
JuergenDoerr, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Please accept our apologies for the manner in which your concern was handled.

We would like you to know that we have reviewed our maintenance procedures, specifically for the area you mentioned.

We hope you will be able to come back and enjoy our Shangri-La hospitality.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My most recent stay here was last August 2012.

I love everything about it. My most recent stay in this hotel was work related and I just can't think of anything bad to say about it. The hotel, the beach, the room, the service. It was all excellent. My stay was absolutely perfect. :)

Additonal Comment: Location is far ofcourse from the shopping district, but if you're here for the resort then that wont be an issue. 30minute to 1 hour drive to the shopping district.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cha_pong
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had gone to Cebu to attend a CEO Summit and I stayed at this place. I had read about Cebu before leaving Bangalore, but I had no knowledge about the hotel where I was going to stay. The first day, when I arrived, it was off-day and it took me close to five hours just to explore the whole hotel. Its massive big, beach side with fantastic view of the ocean. With luxurious room on 4th floor, the sunset was a delight to watch. The quality of service was excellent. I tasted all types of food. It was good. I have been planning to take my family to Cebu and I will definitely stay at Mactan and in Shangri-La.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors, above 4th floor, the view is fantastic.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Abhay1970
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last Feb 2011 and all I had was pleasant experiences so I figured its fair to leave a review even it's already 2013. I books a regular room but since there was no rooms ready at check in time, I was instantly upgraded to an ocean view room. Other hotels would have you wait. So definitely worth a 5 on service in my book. Food was excellent, beach is well maintained and clean, every thing is just perfect. I would definitely come back and recommend this hotel. They provide shuttle services to the mall as well.

• Stayed: February 2012
#9 of 42 in Mactan Island
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#12 of 31 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!