“Good deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Zurich, Switzerland
“Good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

In case you are looking for a hotel near the airport, this one is just fine. A little bit old but the rooms are large, friendly staff and free airport shuttle.
They also have a basketball court and a gym, whereas the gym is a bit creepy, but at least they have one. Internet worked well. Breakfast is fine for the room price. Plenty of restaurants are available in walking distance. Can recommend this hotel for the price around 3000 pesos in case you need to stay near he airport.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SleepWell_77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was a bit worried before I booked this hotel because of some of the negative reviews, how wrong I was. When I arrived at the airport a Days car was there waiting to take me to the hotel. When I arrived we were shown to our rooms which were very well presented.

In the morning we arrived for breakfast which again was excellent, as well as the evening meal, all served from their restaurant next to the hotel FULLY air-conditioned.

The place really has a lot of character, they have birds that gather just outside and there are plenty of places to go and shop or sightsee around the hotel.

I really can't think of anything negative to say about this hotel, if you had any doubts before reading this review, I hope that I have now made them disappear.

Room Tip: I don't think there is much to pick between them, they are all of very good quality and an eleva...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank james2000uk
Cebu City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was large enough and the beds are also large. The location is very near to the airport and they provide free airport transfer so it can be a good choice if you have a very early flight the next day. But the hotel is very far from Cebu City and might not be an ideal place if you're spending more time in the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank faithjvp25
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Day’s Inn was not on my plans. Unfortunately my friend had a family emergency. So she
needed to catch a flight home early in the morning. So I booked a room through Agoda Friday night. Unfortunately Day’s Inn cannot access this information on weekends. I ran into this same problem at other hotels also in the Philippines. Luckily I saved a copy of the reservation on my laptop. If you make weekend reservations print the reservation or save it on a laptop. Luckily Days Inn had a PC with a printer. So I could print the airline vouchers.

Day’s Inn is very handy for flight connections. It is near the airport and has free van service to the airport. I would stay there again. If I needed to fly from Cebu in the early morning or arrive in the late evening hours. I would not stay at Days Inn except for the airport. It is to far away from everything else.

Days Inn provides a basic nice clean hotel room with excellent service and no bugs. I was there for 2 nights. Until I could make arrangements at other locations. I have no complaints about the hotel room. It has a good Wifi system. Which was handy dealing with the family emergency.

There are no other restaurants close. So I ate all my meals from their restaurant. I do not expect a Filipino restaurant to serve American style food just like home. I have developed a taste for some Filipino dishes. The service at the restaurant was excellent. The room service was excellent. The cook was pretty good. Now the bad part, they buy cut rate food to serve. The best cook cannot fix cheapest meat. I ordered Sweet and Sour Pork once. Every single piece of meat was to tough to eat. Just very poor quality meat.

I ordered a salad once at Days Inn. It was not a real cheap salad about 250 pesos ($6). The menu said crab sticks. I expected chucks of cut up imitation crab sticks in my salad. What I got was may be 1/2 half or less of a imitation crab stick cut into slivers not much bigger then toothpicks. It only had some iceberg lettuce and some slices of small half green tomatoes. Worse the salad was served warmer then room temperature. For more then $6 I think they could afford a couple of imitation crab sticks. Days Inn should read their own menu and follow it. They should also find a better source for their meat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a good hotel if arriving in Cebu and you need an overnight stay. It is close to airport, close to casino for ATM that worked (one at airport did not) , efficient staff, good breakfast and good value overall, and clean. The AC is good and not too noisy. I have stayed at this hotel several times, the last being March 2013, and it beats facing the traffic going into Cebu.

One oddity is the in room safes. they seldom work, but maintenance is usually quick enogh to fix them and when nthey cannot i have found it safe to use the safety box by reception in the lobby.

From my perspective if you are thinking of going to one of the islands near Cebu to snorkle: Do not bother. I did this on my last trip in March at Talima Beach Resort on Olango Island and found the snorkling to be verry poor despite their much hyped house reef. Far better to go elsewhere like Moalboal, or Apo Island off Dumaguete.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
lloret de mar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Checked in last night. We paid more than 90 us dolars for a standard room as we are goipng to airport this morning and this hotel is in the area.This is the most overrated hotel since we arrived to the Philliphines almost two weeks ago. The hotels needs urgently a big improvement. Even if it is clean it seems not to be due to the poor maintenance. The breakfast is just to forget: they charge you extra if you ask for some fresh milk for your coffee. They offer 6 types of packages. I asked for "George" and I got: one horrible coffee with some powder cream, 2 slices of bread with 2 thiny slices of "supposed to be cheese" (I know cheese is some kind of luxury in Asia) and some non eatable jam. We add half of a slice of watermelon and half of pinneaple. That was it¡¡¡ . Hope my next hotel in Boracay will make me forget about this expensive and not valued hotel in Cebu

Room Tip: Trotel dulcinea Try hotel dulcinea in same area
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lapu Lapu hotels

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

First off, the rooms need some serious UPDO!

My company assigned me to Cebu for close to one year. Days Hotel Cebu have been my home away from home. Excellent staff, very intuitive, always smiling. They'll help you plan out everything if you want to go over to Mandaue City and cross the Fernan Bridge. Some even asked their relatives to show me around, crazy good right?

Rooms are clean, the staff are well trained and the breakfast buffet is what you'll expect from your Filipina grandma when you visit the province. Lots of local food and products, with a few continental and american touches.

Tip: Book here for the Sinulog Festival, its outside the city where you'll be allowed to rest well and close enough to the airport so you can catch your flight even if you overslept a bit. Hotel to airport is about 5mins, extremely helpful for massive hangovers (personal experience).

Room Tip: Ask rooms on the ground floor. Better water pressure.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo