“Not much really” 3 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Not much really”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I dont know or maybe its just me , but travelling for like an hour or more through the traffic etc. just to see a big statue of one of our National hero may not be a bright idea specially if you have very limited time to spare.

But given more time in would say the visit would be worth specially if you have kids.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Beijing, Beijing, China
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Out of the Way, but great for history lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

It cost me about 260p by cab to get there, and I kept my cab, because I wasn't sure if there would be any available when i wanted to return. So, ended up spending about 800p with wait time and tips (generous). While this is out of the way, there are a couple of nice statues, and heck, this is where Magellan discovered that everyone doesn't love imperial conquerors! A very interesting spot. There is some nice shopping both within the monument and outside across the parking lot. There are good prices on various things. The physical location itself is very beautiful and peaceful. I met some nice business school students and chatted. I liked it, and really, it is an amazing place to go if you love history.

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“It was a statue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

The story behind the statue is interesting and we were taken there by a local who could tell us the story. There are markets nearby that had some good bargains.

Manila, Philippines
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“not much to see”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Just a monument and a statue in honor of Lapu-lapu inside a park. Just went there to take a few photos to let the world know that we were there, I guess. My real purpose of going there was to try out the restaurant in the area, actually.

Manila
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Finally!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I always dreamed of visiting Lapu Lapu's statue in Mactan Cebu City and have a picture with it... wish got granted when my boyfriend was re-assigned in Cebu City, thus I found a reason to visit Cebu for the first time and see the statue for real! It's nice to go here at night for less crowd and you can also enjoy further the view without worrying for sun exposure. I'm glad the statue is still standing erectly and crack-free after the recent calamity that has befallen in Cebu City. The experience is really a dream come true for me.

Visited December 2013