“Great food, affordable price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Manna STK Food House
Ranked #66 of 133 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Cuisines: Filipino, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We offer delicious native Cebuano seafood cuisine. We also have a choice of vegetable and meat dishes for non-seafood lovers. Dining here is definitely a fun, educational, and delicious experience! To identify us from the other sutukil restaurants in the area, here are our unique features: - located behind the stage at the right-most end closest to the Lapu-Lapu statue - Second floor has a view of both the Mactan Shrine's park and the mangroves and has an under the sea mural wall - Have a menu which shows all of our prices (no additional charges). The price you see is the price you pay. - All of our crew wear a uniform which is composed of a dark brown top with our logo (3 puso/hanging rice with a crab, prawn, shrimp, lobster and the word MANNA at the bottom) - All of our fresh fish, squid, shrimp, and prawns are inside a pest proof display/chiller - Our first floor is airconditioned with a view of the mangroves and unique Cebuano handicrafts and big posters providing some information about Lapu-Lapu, Puso, and STK - All of our furniture is wooden
California
“Great food, affordable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

The suggestion was from the car service from Crimson Resort, the food was great, affordable price, but average service. I would prefer the server be more attentive to your needs, the language barrier maybe the reason, otherwise I recommend it..

Visited December 2012
MannaSTK, Owner at Manna STK Food House, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting our restaurant. We are currently under new management to better your experience.

Hope to see you again in your future travels.

• Korean first
Manila, Philippines
“Not something to rave about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Although seafoods were fresh, the way they cooked it was not so great. So-so.

Mangoes and watermelon bought outside the resto were so sweet, juicy and cheap!
Good thing they allowed us to eat the fruits inside.

Since it's near the Lapu-Lapu Shrine, after lunch, we took pictures in the shrine.

• Visited September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us. We would like to inform you that our restaurant is under new management recently to improve our services.

Guest satisfaction is of great importance to us. Please contact us at Mannastk@gmail.com.

Toulouse, France
“Awesome fresh fish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I ate there with my family and as we arrived at the premises (hidden from the road and not quite reassuring), we had to choose what fish we wanted to eat. The products are alive and displayed.
Cooking is rather easy, either grilled or in soup, but the quality of the fish and seafood makes it very good.
The restaurant may seem old and not perfectly maintained, but enough for what you will do there.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit. As of May 2013, our establishment is currently being renovated and under new management to improve our services.

Hope to see you again in your future travels.

pampanga, philippines
“seafood market type resto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

The price is affordable and the food cooked according to your preference.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank ruby_eli_cha
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit. Hope to see you again in your future travels! :)

Dumaguete City, Philippines
“The best for many years is now the worst!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

My family ate here on every trip to Cebu since 2001. It was the best restaurant in the Philippines! However, on Sunday, May 13th, 2012 we experienced the worst culinary nightmare of our lives! The man behind the seafood counter picked our squid for both our Calamari rings and for grilled squid, large prawns for Tempura, and we also ordered a plate of Bihon Guisado for one of our daughters. Everything was fine until my daughter took a few bites of Guisado. She is normally a huge eater, but she said she was not very hungry! Next, I ate a Calamari ring, it had a strong after flavor like dead seafood on the beach after a storm. Not good at all! I next tried my wife's grilled squid, it had the same, but stronger stench to it which made me realize that this food was not the same as we had eaten for the last 10 years! The worst episode of the day was when my Shrimp Tempura was delivered about 20 minutes after all the other food. At first bite it was too soft textured to be fresh, but as I was hungry, I ate one anyway. Then grabbed number the two shrimp and took one bite that was absolutely the worst putrid slim I have ever put into my mouth. Even the table next to us looked over at our table to see where the stench was coming from! this dish was absolutely spoiled from top to bottom, but the second shrimp was the most sickening! What made the meal worse was that after we had the server smell the remaining piece of the number 2 shrimp he raced off with it to the manager to ask what to do with this smelly mess that he had just served. The manager never even bothered to visit our table, he just told the server that there was nothing he could do about it. After I complained a little louder about this smelly putrid meal and asked to see the manager, the server again left and come back with a offer of a discount of less than one tenth of the bill for the spoiled items. We just arrived home in Dumaguete, two days later, after having to stay an extra day in a hotel in Cebu with severe stomach pains and diarrhea which prevented me from even leaving the room for over 24 hours! I can only guess that the Manna restaurant we once loved and adored has been sold to a new unscrupulous owner or that a new manager has recently replace the old manager. never in my 60 plus years of dining have I experienced a more horrible table of what was supposed to be food! I will never visit the Manna Restaurant again as long as I live and I strongly suggest that if you ever visit this place that you smell each piece of supposedly fresh seafood at the counter in front before you buy anything for them to cook for you! I have never been sicker in my life nor more disgusted with the management of any business than I am today! Shrimp, squid and the chunks of shrimp in the Guisado was all very old and spoiled. Not just a little spoiled, Think "at the bottom of the garbage can for a week spoiled!" No cook could have possible missed this terrible odor!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank tigertom47
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies. What you described is indeed a horrible experience and should not be tolerated.

Manna STK Food House is now currently under new Management since May of 2013.

If you can find it in your heart and give us a chance, we would really like to make it up to you.

Please Contact us at MannaStk@gmail.com.