“food at green gate”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lapu Lapu
Green Gate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #29 of 58 Lapu Lapu B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Yesterday the wife and i were on Mactan Island and decided to stop at Green Gate for lunch. For the first time, we decided to try a new addition to their menu, a persian chicken dish that Violet cooked up for us. It was absolutely delicious. Violet served it to us with red rice and we couldn't get enough, I'll definely go back for more of this and maybe try to make some myself, since after begging, Violet kindly shared the recipe with me. Met a very nice couple from Holland that was staying there also. They both had chicken kabobs with red rice and and raved about it. Of course, Grant and Violet were as usual great hosts. Green Gate is a wonderfull place to not only stay, but if you are in the area, it is about the best food you'll get anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jim h

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My Family & I stayed here for a week. We arrived at night and only noticed narrow streets going to the house. One morning I went out of gate & took photos of the outside property. The house is located in slam neighborhood. There is a garbage landfill right next door. Early in the morning you'll hear the sound of tricycle & other public vehicle that passes by the house & at night you'll hear some basketball & karaoke noise. It is indeed quiet & clean inside the house. Very true that Violet/owner will cater your every need but they forgot to mention that it will cost you nickel & dime :-)

In my opinion this pensionhouse will only suit the following type of people:

1. old or retired people who wouldn't like to get out of the room and like to stay quiet inside the room

2.Couples/lovers who wouldn't like to get out of the room & wants to get busy inside the room

This property is not good with family & kids running around making noise and having fun.
The property has videoke machine with rental fees but the owner said that her husband works at night & sleeps during day. So doing karaoke is a NO while someone is sleeping. The owner & Family lives in thesame house.

The Bathroom is very old and you are only provided with 2small pcs of safeguard soaps. Pls bring your ownpersonal toiletries

The bedroom is clean & has very old AC but the smoke/smell from the neighbors gets inside the AC's vent even if the vent is closed!

The pool doesn't smell chlorine. I'm not sure if it is chlorinated.

If you are planning to stay in property, pls make sure you discuss with the owner all other extra hidden charges/corkage fees.
Make sure you discuss what ameneties are included & which ones are not.

During check out Violet added the water charges & cooked food corkage fees that weren't disclosed to me upon check in so I was shocked when I saw my final bill with all the extra hidden charges that the owner added.
If you plan to borrow their towels & bring it to beach resorts, there is a non refundable charge per towel fee.

I don't appreciate staying in hotels/pension house nickle & dime me for every little thing that I do.

• Stayed: December 2012
11  Thank Sophisticatd
Reviewed July 6, 2012

my wife and i have stayed at green gate several times. it is a beautiful quiet place to relax and enjoy. the owners, grant and violet, are a pleasure to be around and will cater to your every need. if you want anything special they will make every effort to accomodate your desire. the staff are also attentive and the cooking is first class. the pool and landscape is clean and very nice. i recommend staying there if you are in mactan on business or vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jim h
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My fiance and i wanted to spend three days at Cebu. A friendly woman picked us up at the airport. At first, i was a bit surprised because of the situation....But the house is nice with lot of flowers and trees and a nice swimming pool. It's so different compared with the district......
Our room was comfortable with aircon but unfortunatly the window/door was stucked and we could not go on the terrace..!? And we can not take advantage of the terrace because we had not long chair, as around the swimming pool..., a bit frustrating and no romantic....!!
On the other hand, the owner is funny and always ready to give you an advice....
The food is ok and not expansive.
To summarize it's a good deal at Mactan but not with european comfort standart....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sebastienNoumea
Reviewed April 22, 2012

what should i say... after long years vications in the philippines, we are so happy that we found this place... i would like to keep it as a secret, coz im worried that the place will be always fully bocked when i like to go there. you must be there, that you can feel and join the love, peace, ambience, foods and more of this lovely place...
Violet, Grant and the whole staff are like family to their guests and they do much more as needed to pamper the guests...
To stay at Green Gate is like to be at home... the only diffrence is, at home i dont have a pool
:-)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We wanted to spend one day in Cebu on our way home from Malapascua. Green Gates offered the best combination of position and price.
When we arrived we were offered an upgrade to the MES for PHP2500. We negotiated it down to PHP2200.
The room was large an comfortable with aircon. The cupboard to hang clothes is locked because some previous guest lost the key and, although there is a bath, the plumbing has been rigged so you can only shower (after two weeks of cold showers I really wanted to have a nice bath).
The bed was comfy and we slept well despite a party across the road (not the norm).
Breakfast was eggs and bacon with coffee served at our leisure.
Lovely pool and garden and the resident mynah bird is quite talkative and entertaining.
I'm sorry I didn't eat more there but we wanted to explore the city.
The pool is cool and relaxing.
Free wifi with good connection.
Green Gates did the trick and I'd recommend it.
The area is not exactly location, location, location, but you are surrounded by high walls and ample security so it becomes a bit of an oasis.
Taxi to the Ayala shopping mall is about PHP300 in aircon taxi and takes about 40mins in heavy traffic. Airport is about 10 mins away.

Room Tip: you have a choice of shared bathroom (shower) rooms (2 of) or the MES (1 of). I think its worth hagg...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2012

service was great. friendly staff. rooms were very clean. owner was very down to earth .we had a great time drinking by the pool . and oh... the food ... hmmmm.... just couldn't get enough of the baby back ribs and the BBQ !!! it felt like home... away from home... :) thanks for everything! will definitely come back!!

Room Tip: you wouldn't wanna miss on the pool suite !!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple