“Super-comfy bed with spread of pillows”

Goldberry Suites & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Super-comfy bed with spread of pillows”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

spent a night here from Hagnaya before catching an early flight to Kuala Lumpur. Only a 5 minutes drive to Mactan International Airport. The room was cosy and dim. I prefer if they use a brighter light. The bed are supercomfy till it became a problem for us to wake up before dawn to catch our flight. The toilet is embracing a new modern concept but I became concious as it was semi- transparent and visible

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear the Voice of
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

We appreciate you taking time to write about your experience and impressions of our hotel based on your recent visit and the constructive feedback you provided in your recent review.

We are very pleased that you liked our cozy room, super comfortable beds, and our embracing of modern concept for the washroom area.

We are continuously improving & updating all our guest rooms to always provide a more comfortable stay for all our patrons.

We hope that you consider our hotel as a first preference on a future visit.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed for a stop over from Hongkong last year, Its a good Hotel with a free shuttle from airport,and the bed is very comfortable We only stayed for a night and in the morning check on our way back to Cagayan de oro city..I charge up my blackberry phone,and when we check out I forgot to put it in my bag..When we already in the plane for boarding I just realize I left my phone and its too late..Arrived at Cagayan de oro was too tired,So i tried to called the hotel on the next day but told us they could not find my phone..I know I left it in the table.And I know it was there..so be careful with your belongings check your things before leaving the room because if you left something it would not be returned.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Elvie 1989,

Thank you for your generous compliments and for choosing to stay with us. It brings me pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay here. We aim to provide our guests with memorable experiences; from free shuttle services to our comfortable beds.

In addition, thank you for your posted review regarding Goldberry Suites & Hotel. Every review helps us to improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction.

We respectfully apologize for your unfortunate experience and the inconvenience caused. A thorough investigation is currently being conducted regarding your review. Please be assured that at the conclusion of our investigation, you will be presented with our findings and if the result of the investigation will reflect any failing on our part, it shall be corrected immediately since we are committed to excellence in guest satisfaction.

As a result of continued commitment to excellence, we would like to respectfully request for the details regarding your stay at our hotel. Details such as you name, check-out date, and check-out time would be very helpful in order for us to conduct a thorough investigation into your unfortunate and disappointing experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at you convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Copenhagen
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Spend a night here before catching an early flight out of cebu.

Good beds and nice staff. Clean rooms and good location relatively close to the airport.

If your taxi driver hasn't heard of the place, it is easy to spot the goldberry sign when you cross the bridge to Lapu Lapu city.

Cons:
- Only lukewarm water in the shower. It was never quite hot.
- Noise from neighbor who checked in late and started watching tv late in the night.
It wouldn't be a problem if not for the weird double doors between the rooms, that let in a lot of sound from the next door rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mmrs from Copenhagen,

We appreciate you taking time to write about your experience and impressions of our hotel based on your recent visit, and the constructive feedback you provided in your review.

We are very pleased that you liked our clean rooms, good beds, nice staff and good location. Thank you for pointing out areas where we are lacking in customer satisfaction. Please be assured that these will be addressed.

We are currently conducting renovations of our guest rooms to provide more comfortable stay for all our patrons.

We hope that you consider our hotel as a first preference on your future visits.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I've stayed in Goldberry Hotel twice last year. I find it a reasonably priced new business hotel located just 10 minutes away from the Cebu International Airport. I'm pretty satisfied with this hotel so I'll just list down the positives and negatives. I will not focus on the usual aspects such as room and bed size, bathroom amenities, etc. Suffice it to say, I found those aspects satisfactory. Instead, I will bring attention to other details which I hope will not come out as nitpicking.

For the positives, I appreciate the little things in the room for the convenience of the guests such as the LAN cable, desk lamp, iPod dock and the flashlight in case of unexpected power outage. The room also has WiFi with reasonable speed.

For the not-so-positives, I saw a small dead spider in my bed the first time I stayed there. The cleaning staff might also want to focus on the toilet bowl and the top surface of the closet. I think the room would also benefit from an extra light. Another thing that I'm quite bothered about are the visible cracks on the wall after the earthquake that struck parts of Cebu and other neighboring provinces. I stayed there about a month after the earthquake and understandably, there are still a few signs of the recent disaster. But by this time, I hope management has already done something about the wall cracks.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have windows.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Woman Wander,

Thank you for your generous compliments and for choosing to stay with us. It brings me pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay here. We aim to provide our guests with utmost comfort, from our comfortable beds to our room amenities.

Every review helps us to improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction. We respectfully apologize for your unfortunate experience and the inconvenience caused. A thorough investigation is being conducted reference your review. Please be assured that should the result of our investigation reflect any failing on our part, it shall be corrected immediately.

We are continuously conducting renovations of our hallways, cracks on the wall & guestrooms to provide a more relaxing stay to all our patrons. Most of them were already addressed. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding our service.

Once again kindly be assured that your comments are were well accepted and will be handled accordingly by the management.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

California, Maryland
Reviewed February 8, 2014

First impression outside with this hotel was not convincing, but then when i checked in I am amazed from the lobby they had friendly staff, it suites me well, This one is my favorite the rooms very elegant, the bed is comfy and interior design is great very pleasing to me I could say and I mean it, I've stayed a couple of nights and I was satisfied with the good service of the staffs ...

I'll be back soon for my business trip...Hopefully..!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Alexander P.,

Thank you for your generous compliments and for choosing to stay with us. It brings us pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay here. We aim to provide our guests with memorable experiences; from our comfortable beds, to our friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Payette, Idaho
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was really impressed of the room amenities at the penthouse. The hotel is quite elegant and the staff are extremely friendly. Overall, the hotel property was always kept clean. I am definitely going back to this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mike J.,

We are delighted to read your review. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Goldberry in Cebu near the Mactan Airport. We had a weird stay here. In the grand scheme of things, our visit was excellent, but it could have gone very badly without some quick thinking.

First the review of the Penthouse room: excellent quality with modern amenities, stylish decor and furniture, great shower (FYI: the water heater can be adjusted under the sink), and comfy bed. We really were surprised and impressed with this room. The only thing to be aware is that the room safe was not bolted to the ground and could be picked up with relative ease.

Here is the part of this review which should be read before booking. I originally booked a standard room for the Goldberry. It wound up being small, NO WINDOWS, and the size of a small bedroom studio. Pretty disappointing and made is feel claustrophobic!

I spoke to the front desk to switch rooms, and they told me that no more rooms were available except for the Penthouse rooms. At their asking rate of P10,000 per night, I said "Not a chance". I got frustrated and asked of they had any other rooms but no avail. I looked online at Hotels.com and found an upgraded room at P3,400 a night. The woman (Lady) at the front desk said the website was wrong...dared me to book the room online to prove her point. I successfully booked the (unavailable) room! She called her manager and waited 15 minutes for the OK to give us a better room at my confirmed rate from Hotels.com. That room turned out to be a Penthouse!

The moral of my long review is to voice your displeasure if something seems wrong and to research better rates online!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Collin K
goldberrysuites, General Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
January 30, 2014

Dear Mr. Collin K,
LosAngeles, California

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for pointing out areas where we were lacking in customer satisfaction please be assured these will be addressed.

We are currently conducting renovations of our guestrooms to provide a more relaxing stay for all our patrons.

Regarding the misunderstanding about room rates, Deluxe Room rates offered by Hotels.com are at Php3,610.59 after adding taxes & fees. Sometimes we need to upgrade a room to a higher category room whenever a booked lower category room is not available. Hence your room was upgraded to a Penthouse Suite for that reason (Php 7,000.00 promo rate).

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We are aware that several hotels are available and appreciate your trust in us by selecting our hotel.

We are very pleased that you liked our rooms and do hope that you consider our hotel as a first preference on a future visit. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Been to Goldberry Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!