We booked two standard rooms. Our kids were in room 405 which has 2 twin beds and is very spacious. We were in room 405 which came with a Queen Bed, but was only half the size of our kids room and had a smaller refrigerator. It also had curtain Windows on two sides which was nice at night, but allowed so much heart in during the afternoon that the air conditioner had trouble cooling the room even with the heavy curtains closed. Room 405 also doesn't have WIFI reception. The first time I called the front desk, they just said they would reboot their router. When that didn't work, I had to call again and explain that I had reception in the hallway just not in our room. This time they set up a router in our room which worked really well except that they had to unplug the desk lamp to plug it in (there are very few electric outlets in the rooms). Our key card also stopped working in the power slot, and we had to wait about 10 minutes in a hot dark room while they brought up a new one. Had I known it would take so long, I would have gone down to get it myself.
The breakfast that came with the rooms was quite good with about 10 or so pre-set options to choose from (be sure to turn your menu over to see the options on the back).
We had a bit of a scare when we saw the Extra Room Amenities rate sheet. It made it look like there was a charge for using the shampoo, lotion, tea and instant coffee that came with the room. A call to the front desk confirmed that those charges were only if you ordered extra of these items. There was also mini bar with fairly reasonably priced items and 2 complimentary bottles of water with each room.
All in all this is a good place to stay for a night before flying out, but for longer stays you should definitely check out other options as there is not much close to the hotel. Also, for a nice spacious room ask for 406 and definitely avoid 405 if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goldberry Suites & Hotel is a Business Boutique Hotel conveniently located at M.L. Quezon Natl. Highway, Pusok, Lapu-Lapu City 6015, Cebu, Philippines. It is just 5 minutes away from Cebu International Airport, and 5km away from Cebu City. You can reach 2 major malls of Lapu-Lapu City and the Mactan Export Processing Zone in just a few minutes.We offer different room accommodations, all with Cable TV, internet access, a mini Bar, and a Safety Deposit Box. Some of our rooms even have a Private Living Room, Balcony, and Mini Kitchen.Dine in at Vienna Kaffehaus or relax at Thai Boran Spa. You can also visit our Gift Shop and Business Center at the 2nd floor; or book an event or a meeting at our Conference and Function Rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Goldberry Suites & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldberry Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Goldberry Suites And Hotel
- Goldberry Suites & Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island