I stayed here on three separate occasions during my 12 day Philippines holiday and each time had a deluxe room. The rooms appear similar as to how they are displayed on their website - very clean and modern, and I felt very comfortable staying there.
Some say the location is not that great, but for me it was conveniently located close to where my friends lived. Being on a main road, its also easy to get a taxi to wherever you wish to go - its about 170 pesos to get to Ayala Mall, or 100 to the airport. There is the Gaisano Mactan Island Mall not so far away as well (if you don't mind a bit of a walk), which has a department store for your shopping needs. Its also possible to catch a jeepney from outside to take you to the Lapu-Lapu Shrine...sure, you could take a cab there, but its a good experience to travel the way the locals do.
I am not a big breakfast eater, so the free breakfast offering was sufficient for me - there was a good variety, although I preferred the longanisa (local sausage) with egg, rice, watermelon and choice of juice or tea/coffee.
The staff were always friendly and helpful, and the one time I had an issue (with the tv), it was resolved in a satisfactory manner.
The only negative things I can say is that in a couple of the rooms the shower water was not that hot. Not such an issue in summer, but I don't know what it would be like in winter.
It would be a better hotel if it had a pool. I was informed, however, that the pool across the road at Bellavista Hotel is available for a small fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goldberry Suites & Hotel is a Business Boutique Hotel conveniently located at M.L. Quezon Natl. Highway, Pusok, Lapu-Lapu City 6015, Cebu, Philippines. It is just 5 minutes away from Cebu International Airport, and 5km away from Cebu City. You can reach 2 major malls of Lapu-Lapu City and the Mactan Export Processing Zone in just a few minutes.We offer different room accommodations, all with Cable TV, internet access, a mini Bar, and a Safety Deposit Box. Some of our rooms even have a Private Living Room, Balcony, and Mini Kitchen.Dine in at Vienna Kaffehaus or relax at Thai Boran Spa. You can also visit our Gift Shop and Business Center at the 2nd floor; or book an event or a meeting at our Conference and Function Rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Goldberry Suites & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldberry Suites And Hotel
- Goldberry Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Goldberry Suites & Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island