“Grand Mall”
Review of Gaisano Mactan

Gaisano Mactan
Ranked #7 of 37 things to do in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is definitely worth a visit. Good hairdressers and massages. Fantastic department store. Levis Jeans and Jag also. So cheap. The best ever Mexican restaurant called Moon ran by an Aussie. Amazing prawns. We went back the next night for dinner as it was sooo good. Service is excellent. I had a leg massage on the third floor near to Moon restaurant. They are disabled people...partially blind...they did a great job.

4  Thank astra
There are newer reviews for Gaisano Mactan

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I do knot understand the Filipino. They all must have hearing problems because the music is so loud that I had to leave as quickly as possible. Rude people pushing, cashiers never have change and even if they speak English, they do not understand

4  Thank Rod L
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed at Movenpick in Lapu Lapu which offered mediocre services in general. We were looking at some nice island hopping nearby and found this guy, Raul Barrientos, who hangs outside the hotel. He sold us a nice island hopping day for PHP 3,500 for two which included the boat ride, snorkeling equipment and drinks (soft and beers).

We visited three islands, did some snorkeling and spent a great day. The third island was actually where we stopped for lunch. We chose fresh catches of the day: squid, prawns and clams and got them grilled for PHP 1,500.

I want to pinpoint the fact that when you're a couple (i.e. only two) you do get charged around PHP 5,000 per head for the same trip, which is outrageously expensive.

However, by looking a little outside the beaten tracks one can find reasonable prices outside. I am more than happy to recommend this guy and you can call him on [--]. He hangs around Movenpick and Shangri La. He also have a bunch of other water activities we did not try but appear to be at a lower price than those proposed by the hotels.

Have fun!

4  Thank captainolive
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The Gaisano Mall in Mactan is not so big compare to the Gaisano in Basak, but the prices are very affordable. Quality is ok as long as you really know how to pick what stuff to buy. It is also near to some hotels like Ace Pension House and Bellavista Hotel. Public transportation is great, you don't need to ride a taxi unless you want to.

The thing I don't like is the cashiers, they are slow compare if you shop in SM Cebu. Thing I like is that there is always a midnight sale at least 50 percent off every month or two and some special occassions.

1  Thank MsOracle
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Quite old but functional inside, this is far from the largest or the best mall in Philipines.

Nonetheless I had a pleasant meal at a fast food place. It met my needs.

1  Thank Victorianlad