“Family Room in a Hassle-Free Hotel for a Reasonable Price”
Review of Ace Penzionne

Ace Penzionne
Reviewed February 11, 2014

It is not a 5-star hotel, but the staff were all polite and very attentive to all our needs. Room service' quick. We just walked in and luckily there's one family room left for us. We didn't expect to be welcomed by a well-lighted, spacious room for only 2,300 pesos with two queen-sized beds, TV (with cable), fridge, phone, cabinet (but no hanger), big and clean bathroom with hot and cold water, and mirror. It's situated in front of Gaisano mall so you can just cross the street if you want to buy food, water, toiltetries, etc. They have two in-house restaurants (one's Japanese) if you don't feel like going out. You can get their massage service for as low as 200 pesos when you get too tired after your tour. There's a salon/massage shop near this hotel. It's a few-minute drive from Mactan Airport and it's easy to get a cab from Ace.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed December 17, 2013

It's a hotel located to the centre of Lapu-Lapu City.It's not an expensive hotel but it's far from the sea (20 min. by car).The "standard rooms" are small with a tiny window, no view!The more expensive rooms are biger with some view, either to the city or to the harbor(better view).The comfort is not high, but you'll have air-co, hot shower and fridge.New bed-sheets and one big towel every day.The roof-restaurant's food is O.K.There is a wi-fi but not in your room, you must go to the public areas or to the restaurant.It is located 10 min. away from the "Mactan International Airport" and you can arrange for a free pick-up.It is located across the "Gaizano Mactan Mall" where you can eat and shop many things.You can also take the mini-bus from "Gaizano Mactan Mall" to the big central mall in Cebu City (I forget it's name) for a very low fair (0.50 euro).There you can find everything like a European Mall.

Room Tip: Don't choose the "Standard room"
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stavros P
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed there by accident. Taxi from airport took me next door and it was not very nice so walked here. Of course the taxi told me it was too expensive as he was making a commission on the other place. Ace is clean and and the price was very reasonable for the quality. Free airport shuttle. Reasonable price. Location is great as it is across the street from a large shopping mall.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I paid for a superior double room (matrimonial bed) for my parents who were celebrating their 50th golden wedding anniversary but instead, the receptionist gave my parents a small, stinking room with two single beds. My parents, having no idea what type of room I reserved for them, was not able to sleep well because of the stench emanating from the room(room 301). My parents described the room as small, old, smelly with dirty walls. What i don't understand and fuming about is the inefficiency of their reservation/receptionist who was assigned on January 2, 2013 at past 7 pm. They have a record that i reserved for a superior,matrimonial, double bed via their website(surebook) last December17, 2012. I even confirmed this with Jean via phone & it was her who said that matrimonial beds are only available on the 5th floor so i said okay, placed on the 5th floor then. Last Dec. 30, I was also able to talk with their personnel,Marlene Cogo, to finalize my parents' airport pick-up and at the same time book my parents again in their hotel for Jan.4 specifically mentioning about the same type of room, which is a superior, double room with matrimonial bed. And she confirmed my booking instruction. I even mentioned that it was the 50th golden anniversary of my parents on Jan.2 that is why they are going to Cebu & Bohol for a vacation.

When they arrived on January 5 from Cebu, i checked the pictures they took. To my surprise, there was a picture of two single beds and a very small room taken with my father sitting in one of the beds. I asked them the name of the hotel the picture was taken because i booked them in what i believed was a matrimonial bed, a superior room for both Cebu and Bohol hotels. My parents said it was Ace Penzionne. I was so mad, i called-up their hotel and was able to talk with Melvin and demanded a refund of the whole amount paid for January 2 because of the inconvenience they caused my parents. Can you imagine, it was their golden anniversary and yet they gave them two separate, single beds and small, smelly room contrary to what was paid for? This is unacceptable.

Melvin also promised to give me feedback through my e-mail within that day, January 5, 2013 but until now, there is no feedback from their hotel despite two emails sent to them since then. Another broken promise, another case of inefficiency. I will never book again with this hotel. I recommend others to just go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank christine h
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was surprise when me and family checked in to this place. It is a pension house, the room is huge for the four of us. .
We checked in to this penzione house where it is closed to Gaisano and if you want MC Donalds, there it is only across the street where you can walk. A business area place. We were in the third floor of the building ,there is a Wi Fi but you have to ask for their passcode to get in, a hairdryer available when you ask for it. Huge bathroom. This is the best spot ever of all the places we checked in with my family. We have two double bed and they were huge. The room is cool and airconditioner works very good. There is a tv on the wall and if you ask for a mini refrigerator,they will give it to you where you can stored your drinks and etc while staying there.
Amazing place to explore on the six floor where you can eat and look around and see the city or the view of the sorrounding . it is windy and breezy. .A helpful lady while we were there in their restaurant. I had the best food in that place.Look at their menu.
Yes, if we go to Cebu for the next time, we will check in to this penzionne House again.

Room Tip: Ask the third floor or the last room facing to the back of the building close to the stairs and not...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonia S
Reviewed June 8, 2012

At first, I wasn't expecting too much from this 'hotel' because of the implication it has with its name, ACE Penzionne. I thought it's just like the other pension houses i have been to. However, to my surprise, the setup is just like that of a hotel. as a matter of fact, it is more of a hotel than one "hotel" bearing name i know elsewhere. Their rooms are very very nice! Hot and cold shower is present PLUS lobby on every floor that has free Wifi! Isn't that good? :D Location-wise, very very good since it is right across the mall and other establishments. They also have FREE drop-off/pick up from and to the airport! very neat! And i would not want to forget to mention that they have a very delicious preparation of Mango Float! Yum! :D I was wrong to have underestimated this place. (Forgive me ACE Penzionne.) and for that very bad attitude, i want to make it up by having this review and by promoting their newly acquired official website! whohow! :D it's http://acepenzionne.cebumactanhotels.com/ with direct online booking! There! i hope i could make it up somehow. Godspeed y'all!

Room Tip: For accurate information, just visit their official website guys. http://acepenzionne.cebumactanhote...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jannahl_12
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The room rate is reasonable, clean and big, The location of the hotel is a walk away from Gaisano Mall, 24hours Mcdo, Guitar Shops and Bars. The staff are warm and accommodating. Until our next visit :)

Room Tip: Wifi connection is a little bit slow in any room better use your device on their lobby in each floor...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends