“Worth the stay...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ace Penzionne
Puerto Princesa City
“Worth the stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

The room rate is reasonable, clean and big, The location of the hotel is a walk away from Gaisano Mall, 24hours Mcdo, Guitar Shops and Bars. The staff are warm and accommodating. Until our next visit :)

Room Tip: Wifi connection is a little bit slow in any room better use your device on their lobby in each floor...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bryan V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Chocowinity
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I stayed there for a visit to my fiancee in the Philippines. Very nice location, McDonald's is within walking distance, the Gaisano Mall is across the street. The hotel security is very good and friendly. The staff was good but don't ask about cleaning nor offer to clean the rooms until you approach them. The comfort room is adequate but not designed the best for the shower and toilet. The room was nice and comfortable. I stayed in the 1450 per night room which was a good value for the money. There is a cafe on the top floor of the hotel which overlooks the city and bay. The food is good and the restaurant staff is very friendly. Very comfortable room and friendly staff. I did have the room cleaned upon my request and the service staff was very friendly. The staff provided a driver to pick up at the airport and also to take me back to the airport at no charge. I would avoid the Japanese restaurant on the first floor, never very friendly people there. My only complaints is the WIFI doesn't work on the 5th floor, you have to go downstairs to the 4th floor and there should be at least one area for WIFI that is non-smoking for the guests who don't like to smell or be exposed to the odors. I will definitely stay there again on my next visit. It can be difficult to cross the busy street during the day but the security guards are very good at assisting you. I don't like the people hanging around out front trying to get a taxi for you when the guards are much better at getting a taxi or jeepney for you. The staff at the front desk is good and concerned to make sure your room is to your satisfaction, but should offer to clean the rooms more often without having to ask for the service. I did not like seeing the old mattress stacked in the lobby of the floor I stayed, but aside from that I would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: I only saw the room with the queen bed, very nice room for 1450 pesos. I did see the large king siz...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard49135
Seoul
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed here for one night because my girlfriend was due the next morning in Cebu. The pros of this place are free WiFi, close proximity to the airport, view of the bridge, and pretty easy to find. I had heard good reviews of this place and decided to give it a shot.

The hotel wasn't bad but I got the 1,800 peso room with the view. The walls seemed a bit run down and I know I could have gotten a better deal elsewhere. So my advice is, if you get the 900 peso room, it's not bad for one night but anything more than that is not worth it, in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank pkim07
Kalibo, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

My stay is quite long for it is about work.The location is perfect for it is only across in my work place. Since it is an old hotel expect that it is not as picture perfect that you would imagine for a so called "HOTEL". In the room where I first stayed, the wall has stains (needs repainting) & found cockroaches on CRs sink! Thank God I was transferred to a new room! Personnel? Utility personnel are friendly than receptionists! Oh another thing, they got only one small elevator!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business