“Relaxing”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed August 17, 2014

If you are debating between the Shangri La and here, hands down, choose the Crimson. We spent a week each at both places and couldn't have been happier ending our trip at the Crimson.

Pros at the Crimson:
It's beautiful, newer, and relaxing. You walk in, and it's ahhhhh. Vacation has begun.

-Staff are genuinely happy and helpful. We sat down at Cebueno night, which was their buffet for Cebu street food. Didn't realize there was absolutely nothing for my vegetarian husband. Instead of our waiter saying, sorry, we can't help you, he got a menu from another restaurant so he could order a la carte.
- Medic center was very helpful. My son got sick and my hubby ran out of blood pressure pills and the doc was easy to consult with. Plus doc fee very reasonable.
- Mini bar prices very reasonable, 85 php for a coke.
-Free shuttle to the Malls/city. We didn't realize Shangrila charged until we checked out! 300/per person round trip.
- Nice little note w today's activities outside door every morning. We never even saw a newspaper at the other hotel! Plus they don't charge for the gym/ pool activities.
-Overall food is pretty good, def better than the other place.
-Loved the 'movie on the beach' night. So much fun!
-Does the Shangrila have cool water slides/indoor gym for the kids? Yes. But I think if you are in Cebu for a few days, your kids will have tons of fun here too. (you can also go to the shangrila's indoor slide and pay to enter, it's only a tad more than what a hotel guest has to pay)

Cons-
-Charging for bottled water at gym. Not cool. 120php!
-Not enough lounge chairs at the pool and beach.
-Room was ok. Not great, not shabby.
- Only ONE white wine by the glass available, the same one in all the restaurants! Ugh.
- Our standard room was quite a walk to the pool/lobby.
-If you stay more than 3 days, the lack of food variety will def get to you. Breakfast is the exact same, every day. Room service menu is the Saffron cafe menu, etc. If you are a vegetarian/ vegan, it will be tough. Not a single bean at the resort ( falafel, hummus, etc) Veggies are not big in Cebu overall.
-Ice cream! I can't believe this place has no decent/real ice cream! And when I mean decent, it is a CRIME to be selling cheap-o/not even made of real milk/doesn't melt, 'ice cream'! My son couldn't even eat it, it was so gross. The first 3 ingredients on the wrapper are--water, sugar, and stabilizer. Seriously, get some New Zealand Natural, Ben and Jerry's or something with real ingredients!

---On a side note, I really hope the hotels educate/put up a sign for hotel visitors about respecting marine life. We saw way too many cigarettes butts in the sand, trash in the water, and feeding of the fish breads and 'lunch leftovers'. Worst of all, we saw a boy using a live starfish as a shovel for his sandcastles, and using it as his 'hammer'. Even after I asked the mother to put the starfish back in the water, she just said, 'oh, he's just having fun', and continued on. Just made me want to cry.....

--Also, we were highly dependent on going to Abaca to eat (we were in Cebu for over 2 weeks). It's a great place for dinner (with a great breakfast as well) and ice cream! It's only a 80php or so ride, one way, and totally worth it. You must make a reservation!

-- Bring lots of mosquito repellant and hydrocortisone. Even though we came during rainy season, it didn't rain once. But mosquitoes were everywhere and were out all times of the day.

2  Thank allabouttravel086
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

on the other hand, I apologize for the inconvenience you had encounter during your stay. I have forwarded your concerns to the departments involve and rest assured that this would not happen again. I still hope that you and your family enjoyed your Crimson experience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is probably one of the best resorts when it comes to service. The only caveat to this facility is the mediocre beachfront. Service is on par if not better than Shangrila Hotel. Let me just give a few examples. While I was trying to blow up a huge inner tube for my son. The lifeguard approached me and took it upon himself to have the inner tube blown up by one of the other staff members (without me even asking). Example # 2- The moment we arrived we were served tea right away and a gentleman named John immediately identified himself and told us he would be taking care of us (concierge). John did take care of us and was available throughout our stay. All issues were addressed in a prompt manner.
Example # 3- When we asked about using the kayaks, the person in charge stated that it was not included in our package, but before we could even leave he went ahead and called his supervisor and within 1 minute, he came back and told us to feel free to use the kayaks. This resort aims to please, the staff seems very well trained and the middle managers actually have a lot of authority. This is very surprising in this part of Asia where everything is usually micro managed. I would stay here again in a heart beat even with the aforementioned beachfront. BTW, bring a lot of stale bread when you go swimming, there are a lot of beautiful fishes out by the pontoon about 40 yards from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear J ,

I am glad that you had a great time in our resort. We always strive not only to satisfy our guests but exceed their expectations as well. I have shared your feedback with my team who were thankful for your appreciation. I do hope that you enjoyed your Crimson experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

The staff at Crimson Resort and Spa was really amazing. Everyone from the concierge to the housekeeper and even the security staff were extremely friendly and helpful. In particular, Amil, the room cleaner in housekeeping went out of his way to make us a new animal out of towels everyday. It was fun to see all the different animals he can make. Thanks Amil!

Dear Jeffrey,

I am glad that you had a great time in our resort. We always strive not only to satisfy our guests but exceed their expectations as well. I have shared your feedback with my team especially with Amil who was thankful for your appreciation.
I hope that you and your family truly enjoyed your Crimson experience.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

After a month holidaying in the Philippines, a great place to relax before coming home.
We enjoyed our stay at the Crimson Resort and Spa, hopefully we can stay there again in the near future. I have only a few negative comments. The American breakfast options were cold, we found the bacon, hash browns and eggs were under a reasonable serving temperature. We dined in-house most days and enjoyed the beach side restaurant. The Hotels restaurant's have a good selection of food options. With regards to the wine list, I feel they need a sweet white, like a Moscato, to suit the Asian Pallet. Overall we had a pleasant time at the Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean and tidy, whatever room package you choose will be nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sean M
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Dear Sean,

On the other hand,I apologize for the inconvenience you had experience. I already forwarded your concerns to the Food and Beverage Department. Rest assured that this would not happen again and your concerns would not be ignored. I do hope that you and your partner still enjoyed your Crimson experience.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We have just spent our 2 days and 1 night here. Its just so AWESOME AND AMAZING. the atmosphere, facilities , beach , rooms,foods and their accommodation was exactly great ! Which made us comfortable , I like their private rooms , small but more enough to one family. I want to stay but I have my classes already. So I wish next time or next vacation were gonna go here! ❤thank you!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shimel C

Dear Shimel ,

I am delighted that you had a great time in our resort. We always strive not only to satisfy our guests but exceed their expectations as well. I have shared your feedback with my team who were equally delighted by your appreciation. I do hope that you and your family enjoyed your Crimson experience.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I had 3 daughters and we stayed here 2 nights, we had a fantastic Holiday and dream came true.
My eldest daughter found in tripadvisor about mermaid photo shoot and my daughter booked. The name of the school is Ocean Gems Mermaid Academy which is located one of the resort, we booked them if they can come over to our hotel and to take mermaid photos, and yes they came. The package price was $250 dollars for 1 hour mermaid photo shoot for my three daughters and the good thing are all included and we never thought about it that their dream came true, make up. mermaid tails are included. My one daughter tried also the swimming class for 30 minutes and it was $100 dollars but the coach was amazing she taught my daughter the breathing techniques and also properly how to swim with mermaid tail and it has monofin inside I was amazed that she can stay long under water for 1 minute and they have fun.
Thank you. Our hotel and room is perfect combination with private pool, so you can really do whatever you want and we did a mermaid photo shoot . Thank you for the perfect upgraded room for us. Room are very clean and smells so good. I perfectly recommended this hotel, they have good service..

1  Thank Sam B
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Sam,

I am delighted that you had a great time in our resort. We always strive not only to satisfy our guests but exceed their expectations as well. I have also shared your feedback with my team who were equally delighted by your appreciation.Indeed, dreams do come true and I do hope that you and your family especially your daughters enjoyed your Crimson experience.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My family of 4 had a fantastic holiday experience in Crimson recently. We booked a Private Pool Villa and got upgraded to Ocean view Pool Villa which was a nice surprise out of many. They held daily activities for everyone that were fun and enjoyable. The water sports and activities were also brilliant, it was perfect for families! The decor, gardening and ambience of the resort is beautiful and food was delicious. Out of all, we were most impressed by their excellent service, from room service, kids club, water sports activities to the restaurants staff all were very pleasant and polite, we would definitely like to come again and recommend it to our friends.
My 10 year old daughters said, "This resort should be awarded as the best resort in the Philippines!"

Room Tip: Book a Private Pool Villa if you are family with kids.
2  Thank Isabelle W
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Isabelle,

I am delighted that you had a great time in our resort. We always strive not only to satisfy our guests but exceed their expectations as well. I have also shared your feedback with my team who were equally delighted by your appreciation. I hope that you and your family enjoyed your Crimson experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 91 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#12 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!