“Beautiful Resort”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Resort”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I loved and enjoyed our stay at Crimson Cebu. The resort esp the rooms/cottages has a homey feel to it; the staff are very attentive and quite helpful. There's plenty to do and keep yourself entertained. We did go during a busy time of the year, the holidays and although there are major groups of people around the pool at most times, when you go down to the beach front or just hang out by the beds at Azure, its almost always empty so we always get a good spot. They had a group choir that serenaded the guests with christmas carols pretty much every night we were there. The buffet in the main dining area was good, plenty of options as well as in the pool bar. We didnt make it to Saffron which was too bad as I really wanted to try it. Overall it was a great experience; quite relaxing. The only complain I have and has nothing to do with the resort, are the other guests - there were a lot of asians at the time we went. I am asian myself so this has nothing to do with racism or anything like that, but there are people that had full on clothing and crocs on that will get in the pool, which I thought was a bit weird and quite disgusting. I feel that the hotel needs to impose on proper swimming attire requirements; but also understand the need to cater to different customers sensitivities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear medjieveggie,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This place is also another good place to stay. If Shangri-La is full definitely give a shot at this place. The only downside at this place is the food as well. Need improvement on the food for a high rating resort. Staff is attentive and very positive. I love the people here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William L
Dear William L,

I have shared your comments about the food quality with our Executive Chef and he hopes that if your travels brings you back to Cebu, we have the opportunity to showcase our culinary skills.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I wasnt planning to report on the Crimson again. We have stayed a couple of times previously at Crimson, and thoroughly enjoyed our time there, but haven't fully enjoyed the resort as we had other things to attend to previously that took us away from the resort. This time we cleared the books of activity, and booking a couple of days, between Christmas and New Year, we left the Radisson for a few days and went to Crimson, vowing not to leave the resort.
Having experienced the service before, we knew what to expect, or at least thought we did....
We arrived earlier than the 2pm check-in on the confirmation, and although hoping to get into the room, were not surprised that we had to wait. We were taken to the lounge used by Villa guests, and left. No-one came to advise of progress during the next 90 mins about our room, or offer more than water. Black mark #1 Crimson.
However, on checking with staff, that I went and sought out, at the advised 2pm check-in time, we were advised that we would still have to wait another hour, as the previous guests in the room had only just left. Now, reading the Crimson's own comments on late check out, it clearly says this is only available depending on room availability. The room obviously was assigned to us, so why were the previous guests allowed to stay late?? Black mark #2 Crimson.
It was after lunch so we went to eat in the restaurant, at our expense. Sorry, but if I have made my guests wait longer than the time I advise for check in, because I have broken my own rules on late check out, then I would offer some compensation to the guests I have inconvenienced. Black mark #3 Crimson.
We returned from lunch, after about 45 mins, and now well after 2pm, to be advised that we still needed to wait. What!!!!!?????? Black mark #4 Crimson.
Eventually taken to our villa, we did enjoy the stay for the few days, but the overall experience was somewhat jaded by the check in fiasco.
The staff are still very good, the offering for breakfast are very good. The meals offered for dinner are very good, and the wine selection we found much to our taste. The pool, the beach area, the pool bar and so on are all pleasant, and having a pool villa is a treat.
The housekeeping staff are perhaps the Crimsons greatest asset, as the way they prepare the room, and leave creations and flowers on the bed is a real joy.
On check-out, we were advised that check-in was actually 3pm, but on presenting my email confirmation clearly showing check-in of after 2pm, the answers were a bit vague and comments made about website changes, and so on. Black mark #5 Crimson.
The question is now, would we return for another visit. That remains to be seen, if it happens I will report.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
First of all, I would like to thank you for bringing your experiences to our attention. For this allows us to continually monitor and improve our standards and services.

I would like to clarify that our regular check-in time is at 3pm. I understand that it said 2pm on your voucher which our Guest Service Manager confirmed when I asked regarding your feedback. Rest assured that we have already checked our website and confirmation letter to ensure that the proper information is given to our guests at all times.

Each of our team members is dedicated to service excellence and in this instance we seem regrettably to have fallen short of our usual high standards. Thus, we hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused during your check-in.

I trust that you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you and remind you of the Crimson hospitality you have grown accustomed to.

Again, thank you very much for your honest review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

James
Japan
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I visited this hotel for my wedding night. The reception desk gave me a free room upgrade! The place was absolutely splendid and made a perfect end that took my wife's breath away. I 100% recommend this hotel. The staff is nice, they have all the amenities, private pools, golf carts to transport guests, hotel shuttles, everything in excellent repair, they even went so far as to have an animal shaped from a towel on my bed. Wedding dream come true!

Room Tip: Use travel site to get a room deal. I received about half off and had a room upgrade for wedding!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Destined21,

We are glad that we helped make your special day a little more memorable.

Resident Manager

P.S: My team joins me in wishing you and your wife a long, happy and prosperous married life.
UK Midlands
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked three nights at Crimson to finish our Cebu Christmas/New Year holiday. After a disastrous time at the Badian Island Resort, we were very ready for some real R&R. First impressions were excellent. The resort is smart, sharp and modern, with brilliant use of the available space; the architect should be congratulated. On the first evening, we had a problem with the hot water ( where, in the Philippines do you NOT have a problem with the HW?). I was very angry, as my wife was recovering from pneumonia and had been really looking forward to a hot bath. It appears that 42 C is considered hot enough in the Phipps. Not for me, it ain't ! The manager was quite brilliant. He had guys there in a jot, jacking up the temperature, and offered us an upgraded room. We liked our present room, and did not wish to move. By way of compensation, we were given a free Cebu city trip - very generous. But the really magic part was that somehow we were given access to the Tempo breakfast room. I think that this is normally reserved for Villa guests, but it was quite brilliant and made our stay memorable. If this is available as an upgrade, I would very much recommend it. No queuing, fresh orange juice and coffee, breakfast leisurely on a terrace overlooking the pool - bliss. I can imagine that if one were there for a week, the menu would get a little tedious, but for three nights it was perfect. A more frequent change of menu would be good. We would like to thank the manager, Phillip, for his patience under pressure, the chefs Kristin, for wonderful truffled pasta, and Adrian, who was the first person in two weeks, who could fry an egg exactly to my liking. Last, but very much not least, the charming Grace, a lovely, attentive waitress, who truly deserves promotion. Well done, Crimson - a great end to our holiday.

Antony Moore.

Room Tip: We were in 599, which was grave quiet, if that's your bag.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank antonymoore
Dear anthonymoore,

Philip has also read your comments and thanks you for appreciating his efforts. I am glad to have him on my team. I have also shared your feedback to our culinary team and they are glad to read your generous comments.

Chicago
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Our Stay in Crimson Resort & Spa was a memorable one. It was nice to stay there too. I could say even the resort was so lovely. But I noticed in there service was not so good. They let there customers or clients waited too long when they checked in. They lack of sits that customer could stay while waiting for the check in.

Room Tip: I think they're rooms are nice. Because we stayed in there villa very nice too. I could only say...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jamesdel550,

I have shared yoru feedback with our Front Office Manager and are exploring ways of making the wait to check in smoother.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the Crimson with a group of friends, and chose a Deluxe Garden Room. We absolutely loved it! I've stayed at the Shangri-la in Cebu before and was worried about booking anywhere else as people always comment that's the only place to stay. I'm so glad we tried the Crimson! The grounds were just as nice and the rooms were much more spacious and modern. The beach wasn't quite as nice, but the pools were more relaxing so that made up for it. The food at the beach bar was also really good, in fact we ended up eating there a lot!

We booked a massage in the spa which was excellent. The spa itself is great with a private pool and steam room. If you book a massage definitely head to the spa a little early to make the most of the private pool and quiet surroundings.

Cebu is an easy weekend getaway for us, and next time we will definitely be choosing the Crimson again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

#1 of 87 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#14 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!