We booked three nights at Crimson to finish our Cebu Christmas/New Year holiday. After a disastrous time at the Badian Island Resort, we were very ready for some real R&R. First impressions were excellent. The resort is smart, sharp and modern, with brilliant use of the available space; the architect should be congratulated. On the first evening, we had a problem with the hot water ( where, in the Philippines do you NOT have a problem with the HW?). I was very angry, as my wife was recovering from pneumonia and had been really looking forward to a hot bath. It appears that 42 C is considered hot enough in the Phipps. Not for me, it ain't ! The manager was quite brilliant. He had guys there in a jot, jacking up the temperature, and offered us an upgraded room. We liked our present room, and did not wish to move. By way of compensation, we were given a free Cebu city trip - very generous. But the really magic part was that somehow we were given access to the Tempo breakfast room. I think that this is normally reserved for Villa guests, but it was quite brilliant and made our stay memorable. If this is available as an upgrade, I would very much recommend it. No queuing, fresh orange juice and coffee, breakfast leisurely on a terrace overlooking the pool - bliss. I can imagine that if one were there for a week, the menu would get a little tedious, but for three nights it was perfect. A more frequent change of menu would be good. We would like to thank the manager, Phillip, for his patience under pressure, the chefs Kristin, for wonderful truffled pasta, and Adrian, who was the first person in two weeks, who could fry an egg exactly to my liking. Last, but very much not least, the charming Grace, a lovely, attentive waitress, who truly deserves promotion. Well done, Crimson - a great end to our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with luxury and personalized service, Crimson Resort and Spa is the new destination and resort to experience. Nestled in one of the country's most prestigious tourist destinations, this exclusive piece of paradise is just 15 minutes away from the Mactan International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island