“Great ! world class place and staff 👍”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed September 22, 2013

world class resort with very efficient management and staff:) kudos to Mia who explained the events Krista who made our breakfast chat enjoyable and Madz who personally attended to us during check in -- highly recommended ! The food at tempo and saffron cafe are delectable. The beachfront awesome. The pool is cool!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Vincci1111
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

My team and I are extremely delighted that you think we are a world class resort. We are also grateful that you commended our management and staff for being efficient. I have shared your excellent comments with Mia, Krista, and Madz they are all ecstatic that you have written their names in your review.

I am glad that apart from the services you received you also enjoyed our food, pool and beach front which you said is awesome.

Thank you very much for such a generous review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

As profession requires my hubby got to travel every now and then. He had a business meeting in Cebu early this September and just like any other half, I opted to go with him.. We have been to Cebu for several times but it was only during this stay that we discovered exquisite beauty resting in the island of Mactan.

We were supposed to be in a business trip but Crimson really did a very magnificent job that they converted it to a splendid " second honeymoon" stay.

We arrived early in the morning though we knew that their standard check in time is 3pm. It was so amazing that their front desk staff made an extra effort to give us our room earlier than expected. We were offered a room upsell which we gratefully took advantage with. It actually a chance to stay in a greater room category for a much affordable amount. We really appreciate how their staff looked after our satisfaction by upselling us to another room. We booked a standard room but was upsold to their ocean front villa.

At their cozy lobby, we got to taste their welcome drink which I could say is one of their edge among any other hotels. Their front desk staff was so accommodating that we were even given a joy ride of their elegant cart in our way to the villas. Upon reaching our villa,we felt like holding our breath in more than a second for the room was a taste of heaven. Imagine in that small amount of money that we paid extra on top of our room rate gave us the meaning of LUXURY. Their villas are so charming that we wished to own one of them the soonest. In the morning, we are fascinated by the unlimited luxury of sunshine over the ocean view. Oh, that must be heaven then.!!! Their villas are perfect for couples that made this business trip bloom into a romantic vacation for us.

Crimson is indeed an epitome of Filipino culture and tradition. Their furnitures make me proud as Pinoy since they are all made and designed by a fellow Filipino citizen. We were greeted everywhere which makes me remind of how hospitable we Filipinos are.

Truly, Crimson has become our home in Cebu. We will surely be back for more noteworthy experiences. And thank you will never suffice the locked out of heaven experience we had in a two night- three night with you..

Kudos Crimson!!May you continue bringing joy and customer satisfaction beyond expectation. Impeccable!!

Room Tip: Their villas are so worth the value you pay..If you want heaven on your hand,then try it NOW!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I went with my wife. It was nice escape from usual days. Villa hosts are very nice to organize our trip:) nice services. My wife really enjoyed bar which came with package. It was nice if main pool is bit more deeper... But I recon for vacation. Noriki&Mina

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I am glad that our resort has provided you and your wife an escape from your usual routine. I am also delighted that your wife enjoyed the promotions offered in our bars. I hope that you and your wife now have lots of wonderful memories of your stay with us.

I have passed along your excellent comments about our villa hosts to the rest of our team to inspire them to work even harder in ensuring our standards are always met.

Thank you very much for your heart warming review and we look forward to your next visit to our resort.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed in one of the Deluxe Garden Rooms. The grounds are lovely and well maintained. Felt like a small village, very peaceful and quiet all the time (villas/rooms side) even though there were lots of guests.

The room was OK. There's a table with the TV directly opposite the bed. As another reviewer mentioned, it is a bit of a bother if you're a party of two and one person would like to sit at the table, cause then you obstruct the other person's view of the telly. I had an issue with the shower as there's no door so you always get the outside bathroom floor wet despite there being a towel mat..... and I hate that!! The water pressure of the shower head is horrendous....use the rain shower.

Didn't understand the whole concept of the 'food waiver', this is the ONLY hotel I've ever been to where bringing in food from outside is an issue. Basically, if you bring in food purchased from outside the hotel, you have to sign a waiver that absolves the hotel from any blame should anything happen to you post-consumption. Weird!!! Think they're worried about someone getting food poisoning and coming after them.

The buffet at mealtimes was lovely. Lots to choose from, korean (lots of guests from there), western and filipino delicacies....the desserts are sooo tempting!! Our only worry is that a lot of food....a whole lot...goes to waste. Whatever's not eaten by the guests goes directly to the bin. And they do make A LOT of food. We took this up with the manager Cedric and he said plans are underway to work with some charities to reduce wastage. Hope he keeps his word. Kudos to the waiters/waitresses, lovely bunch......look out for our friend Rahymond!! (unfortunately it's been 2 wks since our visit and I can only remember his name cause it's unique - Raymond with a H).

Location..not too good. It's way out of town and you're advised not to venture beyond the hotel on your own, however they do run a shuttle bus to and from one of the major malls in town on a schedule.

All the staff are very cordial and friendly.Their 3 in 1 pool, depth of 2m, 4m and 8m (i think it was) is great for everyone. Toddlers/youngsters/non swimmers who are yet to earn their fins and confirmed swimmers. Even for adult non swimmers, this last pool is not too deep that you have to tread water (I'm 168cm/5ft6). They have activities all day long and there's a list of what's on for the day at your door each morning before you arise. The morning I spent poolside, watched a session of aqua aerobics and aqua basketball. They have a nice play room for kids, gym, sports bar where we played pool (there's darts as well). Their little beach didn't impress me, but at night it was nice to lay in the loungers and relax with the adjacent bar music in the background. I noticed most people during the day prefer to hang around the pool and bask/read/hang out as compared to the "beach". There's also snorkeling and jet skiing.

It's a nice hotel for families, there's something for everyone to do.....it's big enough for everyone yet small enough when you need that almost individualised service with a smile, peace and quiet. We had a peek at the Imperial Palace nearby and it was too big a hotel with people all over the place and guests have to wear colour coded bracelets!! (Yep! We couldn't even just chill out at the beach for an hour as we waited to board the Yellow Submarine and were advised to go back to reception - a 5 minute walk according to me - and get one!!!)

Would we go back....definately!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. As it is always a delight to read the feedback coming from our guests.

I would like to address some of the concerns you have raised, one is our shower area, rest assured that due to several comments we received from previous guests we are already working on attaching doors to the shower area in our guest rooms. The other is our food waiver, as we do not encourage our guests to bring food from outside the resort since we could not guarantee the quality of the food prepared elsewhere. However, in our effort to accommodate the requests of our guests we have implemented the waiver. This is simply a precaution and also to remind guests to be careful with the food they bring in.

We are truly grateful that you have enjoyed your stay in our resort as well as ecstatic that you appreciated the efforts of our team members especially, your friend, Raymond.

Again, we thank you for all your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have been stayed at the Crimson Resort and Spa for over a month and everyday I was proud to be staying at the Crimson where the personal touches remind me of home. The Crimson Resort Employees I come in contact with everyday always make me feel very special and make the Resort feel like home.

My co-workers and I visited SM Mall and stopped at a coffee shop and we noticed that their employees were not very nice and not friendly at all. We both looked at eachother and stated that we wish we were back at Crimson where the employees are always smiling and very friendly (once the shuttle arrived from our long day out we were greeted by Crimson greeters with cups of tea welcoming us back).

As a trainer in customer service we are committed to delivering World Class Service and known for Employing great employees who deliver Excellent Service I also want to take this time to recognize some of the people who have made my stay very memorable by delivering World Class Customer Service from your General Manager (James), Customer Service Manager, Madeline (Maddie), Emmanuel, JR, Edmund, Raymond, Cyrus, Renan, Don, Ryan to the Gardners.

Lots of personalized service such as cold citrus wet towel, citrus tea upon arriving, eucaliptus hand washing, fresh flowers with daily activities, pastry treats during turn down, cocktail hour, towel creations, the wait staff remembered my favorite drink also fresh squeezed pineapple/orange juice in the tempo room for breakfast. The hotel staff even treated our business group to a SParty at Aum Spa which was AMAZING and very relaxing.

KUDOS to all at Crimson Resort & Spa for making my stay very memorable.

Room Tip: The bed in the Deluxe Garden rooms are very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Let me start by saying, what an absolute pleasure it was to have you in our resort. We are humbled by your comment that we provide world class service. I am simply proud that my team can compete with the rest of the world and based on what you said, we can hold our own.

We are truly grateful for your wonderful review which will serve as fuel that will renew the enthusiasm of my team to continually deliver excellent customer service. I hope that more guests will be as generous with their comments.

Furthermore, we are all happy that you appreciate our services and even went as far as mentioning the names of the team members who stood out. Rest assured I will take note of each one.

Thank you for your outstanding review and we look forward to your next visit to our resort.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The resot is amazing & well spread out. I was upgraded to a villa, which was quite a nice one with a private pool, which was cleaned daily. The Hotel pool was also big which was next to the big private beach (beach looked artificial to me). They have golf cart service to take you/ your luggage to rooms (which can be quite a wait many times)

The maintenance was below par though (I found a ded cockroach in the washroom, missing kettle etc)

The service was nice & prompt. The staff was very supportive, specially their guest service manager (Ms. Aguirre), who helped me with my complaints and tried to makeup for them. She was always supportive.

Will I stay at this place, if I go to Cebu again, probably yes, If I stay in Mactan. The place is far from main Cebu city (45 minutes drive - they do have a limited shuttle service), making it a bit less attractive (unless you want to be completely cut off from the city)

1  Thank prateek2410
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

My team and I are extremely grateful for your honest review. We are glad that despite your initial disappointment you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for sharing the positive aspects of your stay and for specially mentioning Ms. Aguirre in your review.

Rest assured that I have noted your concerns and have asked our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that the incident with the cockroach will not happen again.

Once again, we thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a conference for approximately a hundred and fifty people for three(3) days. I'll keep the review simple - the experience was a delight.

Crimson was about 15-20 minutes away from Mactan airport and once you arrive it would take you no time to get to check-in. Was greeted by Mark - banquet manager since I made an appointment to do an ocular and check of facilities prior to our conference proper and he was very accommodating and friendly. Facilities are complete which family and friends alike would truly enjoy.

General feedback coming from our 150 participants seem to echo this sentiment. The food served was sumptuous and really tasty (compared with 'normal' hotel food). Staff were really friendly which I guess is the output of management really putting resources and efforts for training and constant reminders of what customer service truly is. They will truly make you feel like a 'guest in their house'.

Of course there's a few suggestions arising from our experience which can be improved either through a change in policy or empowering employees to make decisions. First is wifi connectivity - it's off and on and expectations in a summit is that you can video stream for presentations even with a number of users. It's either a review of service provider and/or infrastructure. Second is promotions in beverage price vs. banquet price of beverage - the customer's take is everything should be constant across the organization. One expects the same level of service in Saffron and the reception desk then it should also follow that the price of a beverage in the sports bar and the bar by the pool should be the same.

Net-net, anyone expecting a great getaway should book in Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan to experience what it is to be pampered by your resort hosts (if only this can be transferred to Crimson, Muntinlupa but that's another story). Kudos to all your staff for making our conference a very enriching experience and special mention to Mark and Bobby and their crew.

1  Thank Macky_Macaspac

We are truly grateful that you have taken the time to share your recent experience with us. We are delighted that your function went well and extremely thrilled that we received an excellent feedback for our food.

Furthermore, I am grateful that you appreciate the effort that our team has put in ensuring that your function went well. Thank you for recognizing Mark and Bobby. Both of them are dedicated in providing excellent customer service and I am glad that you have taken the time to mention them in your review.

I have also noted your suggestions. Rest assured that we will look into these especially for future functions so we can better improve our services as well as the packages we offer.

Again, thank you very much for your generous feedback and we will look forward to being your choice of venue for your upcoming functions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 92 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#12 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!