“Excellent facilities plus superb service!”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The rooms are really fantastic but what I am very satisfied with the superb, personalized service!
Hotel personnel cheerfully greet hotel guests with smiles and even remember your personal choices e.g. chamomile tea with honey which Lee Ann in the breakfast restaurant has remembered - great training!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank marosales
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Despite your short review, you have managed to wonderfully capture the type of service one can expect from us. We are glad that you appreciated the cheerful greetings delivered with heartfelt smiles that you received during your stay.

Although, this is the type of service one can expect from extensive training it would not be complete without the sincerity that comes with it.

Once again, thank you for your excellent comments and we hope to get another chance to share our Crimson hospitality with you.

Warmest regards,

James

Write a ReviewReviews (4,007)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It is probably fair to say that I may well have reached the pinnacle of hotel excellence for my pay grade and this will be a very tough act to follow. Our family took a VIP package staying in a private villa with its own plunge pool on this sprawling resort. The meet and greet service was exceptional and unlike any we have experienced before, with check-in conducted in the comfort of our walled villa.

The resort was stunning and very colourful and activities are scheduled daily. The beach is small, but adequate (and likely imported) and snorkling and other water sports can be conducted right off the beach. The air conditioned villa was very spacious, well equipped with 3 flat screen TVs including one in the huge bathroom! The bed was bliss and the room attendants were diligent and incredibly talented with their daily soft animal creations made from bath towels. "All" of the breakfast staff in the Tempo Bar, were exemplary and it was a pleasure to be greeted by their smiling faces every single morning. They and other resort staff present an excellent image of this resort far beyond any of the brands we have stayed at thus far and I do hope their hard effort is occasionally rewarded by Crimson Management.

I noted that the resort is suitable for those confined to wheelchairs, WiFi is free of charge throughout the resort, but is a bit scratchy at time. Voltage I believe is 240 and 3 pin UK plugs will require an adapter.  There are free bus trips to the major shopping malls which is essential as this resort is completly isolated from any independent shopping outlets. There is a tiny resort shop, but to be frank it carries little selection and it is overpriced. The resort buffet selection comes in at just adequate and at 1500 Pesos per person not including taxes, I considered this a little on the high side when compared to other brands. Private car to leave the resort is 650 pesos. A return taxi from SM mall can be negotiated for 350 pesos but suspect it maybe even cheaper on the meter; but play it safe.

Island hopping trips offered by the resorts in Mactan are for the most part overpriced and more suited to those who enjoy snorkling and not for those who assume they will getting off the boat at picturesque golden islands. The first island you stay offshore on the boat and the second island is an overcrowded, overpriced, concrete, hell hole! For anyone who has experienced island hopping in Thailand this trip doesn't even come close and will leave you with the feeling that you have contributed to your own mugging! However for snorkling, you will find the final island a real treat.

The city tour is worthwhile and a nice trip around town. If possible take it on a Sunday when traffic is light.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank JWCRiyadh

Thank you for writing such an outstanding review and for sharing it on TripAdvisor. It is an honor to know that you consider us the pinnacle of your hotel experience. I hope that all of our guests feel this way. Although, being fairly new in Mactan, we know that we still have a long way to go in the industry before we could consider ourselves close to the pinnacle. We shall nevertheless take this as a challenge and we will continue to strive harder and endeavor to always be a tough act to follow in providing memorable experiences for our guests.

It is a delight reading your review as it gave a lot of excellent pointers for those who wish to visit us in the future. Your excellent comments about our stunning and very colorful resort with exceptional meet and greet service, just to repeat a few of what you mentioned, are very much appreciated. You even provided helpful tips for guests using 3 pin UK plugs however I would like to add that the resort also has adapters available on request.

I agree with you that our staff indeed presents an excellent image of our resort and I am extremely lucky to be working with a dedicated team. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of your room attendants whom you described as diligent and incredibly talented with creating soft animals from bath towels. I assure you that their hard work does not go unnoticed and seeing their names mentioned on TripAdvisor help them in getting additional recognition within the resort.

I regret that you feel that our buffet selection as well as island hopping trips may be a bit pricey. I assure you that the prices of our buffet and island hopping trips are considerably lower compared to the prices offered by other resorts of similar quality and category.

Again, thank you very much for your wonderful feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort.

Kindest regards,

James

Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was our first trip to Mactan Island. We stayed for a week there.
The room was good and clean. I liked the bathroom with bathtub more.
Buggy service was provided to drive you to the lobby and other areas of the resort.
They had this tri-shaw motor at the lobby front area where the guests would wait for the bus and all...

Lobby was very cool. We could see the swimming pool and the beach from there. It gave us a pleasant welcoming feeling. LOVED it.
The bar opened till late. The buffet restaurant servicing breakfast and dinner too and both food was sumptuous and delicious.

We loved hanging out by the beach. Little fish in the ocean.. NICE though tickling at the same time when you just stood there and had them came near your feet (this is not a Turkish spa thing.. it is the REAL thing in the ocean I'm telling you!!)
The resort provided the lounge flat chairs by the beach bar.. So it felt so breezy and relaxing down there when we sipped our choices of beverages.
Friendly staff too and informative.
We booked several day tours during our stay. The island is worth the visit, and the resort made our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iraSmurA
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for commending that we are tropical, beautiful and memorable. Such high praises and we hope that all our guests will share the same experience.

It was truly delightful reading all your comments as you relayed the highlights of your memorable stay with us. I am pleasantly surprised to know that the fishes in our beach offer free spa service. Perhaps, it is something we should also offer to our future guests?

I noticed that your stay was October of last year, I hope that you will get a chance to visit us again this year as we have made a lot of changes and added a lot of activities since your visit which I am sure you will enjoy.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again in our resort soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

If you are expecting a nice long walk on the white sand beach, this may be not too right for you.
The beach is nicely kept, but small and more of a lay back in the sun, type of beach rather than swim and enjoy the ocean.
The hotel overall is really nice with huge pools, its nice to take a walk in the hotel since its nicely krpt with a childcare center too.
But what is really special sbout the hotel is the room. We stayed a a villa with pool but it was beautiful. Pool is small but enough to enjoy if you are an couple. Me and my husband really enjoyed the time we spent rekaxing ib the room.
The down side about the room is the wall that seperates the pool from next room is low... While my husband swan in the pool, there was a middle age man peaking from the next room... Maybe he was just curious who eas swimming or talking next door but well, its just annoying to be peaked at.

And one interesting thing is that the customers who stays at the hotel is 80-90% koreans. I dont know why but indeed there were alot of koreans there.

Overall it was a nice stay.
Breakfast buffet was nice too.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Tokochou

I am sincerely grateful for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. My team and I took delight in knowing you and your husband had a nice stay with us.

Thank you for appreciating our beach despite the size and for saying that it was nicely kept along with the rest of our facilities. Your generous comments about your villa was a pleasure to read which you said was the special part of our hotel as it gave you and your husband a chance to relax in your very own pool.

I am sorry that there was a guest who sneaked a peak while your husband was enjoying your pool. I hope that the elderly gentleman's curiosity didn't ruin the experience for you.

As for seeing a lot of Koreans in our resort that is because Cebu or the Philippines in general has been fortunate to become quite a popular tourist destination for our South Korean guests.

Once again, thank you for all your positive comments and we will look forward to seeing you and your husband again in our resort.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great resort, excellent pool but too shallow, only 5ft. They have well-trained staff who never fails to greet. We stayed in the deluxe room , it was a good size with porch outside, a sofa bed, which should be able to accomodate another person but it's too late we already requested for an extra bed with a charge of php2500 with breakfast. At night we can hear the sound of our neighboring rooms, and doors were banging at 12mn so didnt get to have a good sleep. The beach is ok but beach front is not that wide. Good food, great atmosphere. They charge php550 for airport transfer. One way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AcaciaTreeGarden
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for all your positive comments about our resort on your second visit. My team and I are glad that you still thought our pool is excellent albeit being shallow at only 5ft. I am thrilled that you commended our "well trained staff" and "good food." It always lifts our spirits whenever our guests mention the efforts of our staff may it be in greeting our guests or with regards to the work they do within the resort. Especially our Executive Chef, who is always delighted to know that guests appreciate the food we offer.

I am sorry that you were not able to get a good night's sleep during your stay due to the sound from your neighboring rooms. Rest assured that we are looking into rectifying this as we would like all our guests to have a good night's sleep.

Once again, thank you and we will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again and again to our resort.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Me and my husband celebrated my birthday here. it was a great experience since it's our first time to travel together. It became more especial when we saw the place. it was amazing and luxurious. Staffs are really friendly and accommodating. Our room was clean, spacious and beautiful. It's not the typical resort type of room that's why we like it so much. The place is not crowded compare to other resorts. They have this big pool area. What we love about the place is the pool bar area where you can drink or just lounge while listening to music or eating snacks or just plain relaxing. every day we hang out at the bar area, lounging, while waiting for sunset. The only thing that disappoint us is the beach. Maybe we expected that their beach would be like Boracay. I think it would be best for snorkeling cos it is too deep even you are just in shore.
But, over all experience was great. We enjoyed it a lot. 3 days stay was not enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cecilia Q

Thank you for choosing our resort to celebrate your birthday with us. We are honored that of all the resorts in the Mactan area you visited us on your first travel with your husband.

We are beyond ecstatic that you found our resort amazing and luxurious, our staff accommodating and friendly, as well as noted that our room is clean, spacious and beautiful. It pleases us to know that you loved our big pool area and spent your days there listening to music, eating, or just plain relaxing while waiting for the sunset.

Although, I am sorry that our beach is not at par with the beach in Boracay I am still glad that you were able to appreciate what it had to offer and thought it was best for snorkelling.

I would have to agree with you that 3 days is not enough which is why you and your husband should definitely come back and stay with us longer.

Once again, thank you for such wonderful comments and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very nice resort, with rooms spread out in numerous buildings and villas. Pool is very nice, although somewhat limited in total space. Beautiful entrance, fountain and pool area. Beach area is OK. Breakfast buffet was very good. Any extras, such as food and services is very expensive. Lots of free pool area activities during the day though. Free shuttle to Cebu City about every 3 hours.

Room Tip: The Garden Deluxe rooms seem to be in one floor buildings; and would seem to be a better value than...