Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
4,161 results
All reviewsazure barsaffron cafevilla hostplunge pooldeluxe garden roomfoam partygolf cartkids clubbreakfast buffetbeach areabeach frontwater sportsjet skiisland hoppingcebu citytempoactivities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a horrible experience this was. My boyfriend and I booked here for a couple nights in Oct 2012, and thought we would enjoy it based on the reviews. Boy were we wrong. First of all this place is a rather large compound, but the pods of rooms go back so that nearly all will have no view. The rooms themselves are very basic, like an entry level hotel room.

The beach is a joke, its a tiny bit of sand and if you walk up to go in, its all large rocks making it not really feasible to go out into the tiny (did i say tiny?) swimming area. The resort is in front of shipping lanes, so enjoy watching boats and not swimming.

The pool was cold and full of children. I dont have my own kids and have interest in others on vacation. Kids didn't stay in their designated area they were all over.

The few loungers actually on teh beach are in front of the volleyball court, so if you really enjoy excessively loud gaming behind you please go here.

Oh and lets not forget the major construction happening right there on the "beach" as well - nothing says luxury vacation like the sounds of jackhammers all day.

This resort clearly lets in day guests as well, at one point there was a huge group in next to paying guests that were there on some type of team building exercise, with lots of excessively loud activities.

Service is a joke. We went to one of the happy hours at the bar near the pool, it was buy one get one free drinks. All of the cocktails are the same price. I order a vodka and grapefruit... expecting vodka and grapefruit and what i get is a giant cup of welch's grape juice with some vodka. Gross. I couldn't drink it. Then when I wanted to order a different cocktail, for my get one free, they said no. I could only order the same drink. They could care less that I hated their concoction. Why would I buy a second drink? They all cost the same so I don't see what the difference was, couldn't they just put a different juice over the vodka? Totally unreasonable.

Food was mediocre, at best.

The stay was overpriced, and offered NO value. I spent an entire day there trying to find somewhere else for us to stay, but unfortunately the neighboring places were already booked. We had booked non-refundable accommodation, and I was willing to pay to go somewhere else, that's how bad it was.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katie F
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I regret that you experienced dissatisfaction during your stay with us. Rest assured that I have noted your comments and took necessary actions to ensure that similar incidents will not happen in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our resort soon.

James

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great pool, on the sea, great bar on the beach. Breakfast one of the best I have experienced. Unfortunately I had noisy neighbors but of course it wasn't the hotel's fault. Although booked for a pick-up from airport the driver didn't show up, but taxi was good service and cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Nsiotto,

Our Executive Chef is extremely thrilled that our breakfast is one of the best you ever experienced. I have noted your concern regarding the airport pick-up and I express regret that you experienced dissatisfaction due to this. I assure you that I have already asked our resort car concessionaire to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I liked the unit, the pool, the warm sea water, the food, and the general vibe. However, it is a long taxi ride to anywhere (45 minutes), although tais are heap, and Crimson has a free scheduled shuttle. I was thre for a conference, which was nice, not sure I'd choose to go there on holiday.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Flushingdog,

I express regret that you were dissatisfied due to the location of our resort. Generally, beach resorts are located 45 minutes if not more from Cebu City.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

A place where you will consider everything as ripped off due to overpricing products and activities.
We stayed here in this 5 star resort but nothing in here justified us that this is a 5 star resort.
We had only little bit of enjoyment and this is only because some staff are good and also the our villa was just exeptional.

otherwise, everything else is a total ripped off.. im sorry to say this but i think this place needs a lot of improvement with regards with services and being a "5 star".

In my opinion I must say that this is a 5 star resort with 5 star COST, but you will only get less than 3 star satisfaction.

I wish this resort improve cause the place is perfect. but not the service and so much disappointment. i wish i have time to enumerate them. Just dont wanna bother cause we wont be coming back anyway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank iamfishydolphin

Dear Iamfishydolphin,

I regret that the resort has fallen short of your expectations. It would have been great to know exactly where you were dissatisfied as we are constantly looking for ways to further improve our service and facilities.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a great resort with good value (as long as you're not taking anything from the mini bar) and I cannot credit the staff enough, some of the best service I have ever received. Large rooms, stunning grounds, great activities, good restaurants, great beach front bar- there are lots of great things going for it and we had a great stay. The only real downfall is te location, the beaches are all man made and which is fine to deal with having such a nice pool etc but the issues we had was Mactan Island itself, you can't walk to restaurants and need to catch taxis everywhere or 'resort taxis' which are far more expensive. There no beaxh connectin places so we felt a little cut off and restricted, plus outside the gates the neighborhood is a mess, a few decent places scattered around but no where to really explore.
Day trips are the way to go and we did a great trip down to Oslob but given the choice I do t think I'd go back to Cebu/Mactan. But I'd this is an area you'd like Crimson is a great choice, really can't fault the resort itself just the location.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank theitchyfeet

Dear Theitchyfeet,

It is heartwarming to read that you have received the best service in our resort. Your generous comments about our large rooms, stunning grounds, great activities, good restaurants, and great beach, to mention a few, fuels our passion to continue providing our guests with the highest standard of service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our resort in the not too distant future.