My fiance and I booked a last minute trip to Cebu. We initially wanted to choose Shangrila hotel as it was voted to be the best hotel in mactan. It was fully booked and Crimson was our next available choice.
When we arrived, we were picked up by the hotel car. It was a pretty short drive ( 10 mins ) and the car was clean and pleasant. Hotel Lobby wasnt the grand type of lobby i expected, but it was clean, neat and cooling with a helpful group of staff at the concierge to assist you with queries. Check-In was smooth and all good except that Zuji screwed up on the hotel breakfast. We paid for daily brekkie but Zuji did not send that to the hotel and we ended up having to pay for our own while we sort that out with zuji seperately.
Great stuff about Crimson:
1. Landscaping done by the hotel was amazing. Shrubs are neatly trimmed, trees and plants are tastefully arranged in the WHOLE resort. the landscaping team worked rain or shine to keep the resort nice and tidy. you will not see sand/mud straying around anywhere. fallen leaves/flowers are swept away pretty quickly. Efficient and amazing
2. Villa was so cool. Stayed in a garden deluxe and it was actually a mini villa on its own. Has a huge bathroom, TV in bathroom. Room was clean, neat, and most importantly no ants/flies/lizards. The bed was very comfy, AC cool and quiet. Deco in the room was kept simple yet good.
3. View of the sea was fantastic.
4. Service was amazing. we were greeted by all staff we met, they wear a bright sunny smile that could spark up the day anytime.
5. We ordered in-room dining twice, they were efficient and usually deliver the food in 20 mins, hot and delicious. Food in the pool restaurant ( pizza, finger food, bbq meat etc) was not too overpriced, and taste was good. we liked the breaded fish very much! it was cripsy coat of crumbs with a generous size of deep sea fish that is delivered fresh to the hotel by fishermen daily.
6. Good range of seasports- though they were not cheap, but we has the best service for all the seasports with Crimson, from para gliding to snorkelling, to jet skii-ing. The lifeguards were the best, they are patiently coached me on snorkelling ( i was horrible in snorkelling) and showed me how to steer a speedboat!
Not too great-
1. the inifinity pool looks beautiful on picture, but it was overcrowded especially in the mornings. all beach chairs fully taken up by 930am in the morning, but the hotel staff will be nice enough to bring you a chair to put your belongings.
2. The private beach was quite rocky, i had to walk in flipflops into the sea. I guessed they did not remove to rocks to keep it in original state, but well i wasnt a big fan of the sea so i was cool about it.
My most amazing experience in Crimson-
My fiance proposed in Crimson on V-day. He arranged this prior to the trip with one of the reservations manager and the whole experience was just wonderful. She specially choose a bouquet of red roses, sparkled with red glitters and beautifully wrap in cream sash. Dinner was on the beach, with a row of candles leading you into the beach and a private section & personal server for the table. Food was great, i had a wow lobster bisque and pan seared tuna. my fiance had a pasta salad and steak. We were lucky to have Hansel as our server for the night. He was observant and attended to all the requests we had. He speaks good english and we had a great chat with him and his experience working in Crimson, interactions with other customers etc. The overall experience was perfect!
A resort i will recommend for a weeknd/ 4-5 rest and relax trip.and will definitely stay in Crimson Cebu again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with luxury and personalized service, Crimson Resort and Spa is the new destination and resort to experience. Nestled in one of the country's most prestigious tourist destinations, this exclusive piece of paradise is just 15 minutes away from the Mactan International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HRS so you can book your Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island