“Amazing experience @ Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
“Amazing experience @ Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My fiance and I booked a last minute trip to Cebu. We initially wanted to choose Shangrila hotel as it was voted to be the best hotel in mactan. It was fully booked and Crimson was our next available choice.

When we arrived, we were picked up by the hotel car. It was a pretty short drive ( 10 mins ) and the car was clean and pleasant. Hotel Lobby wasnt the grand type of lobby i expected, but it was clean, neat and cooling with a helpful group of staff at the concierge to assist you with queries. Check-In was smooth and all good except that Zuji screwed up on the hotel breakfast. We paid for daily brekkie but Zuji did not send that to the hotel and we ended up having to pay for our own while we sort that out with zuji seperately.

Great stuff about Crimson:

1. Landscaping done by the hotel was amazing. Shrubs are neatly trimmed, trees and plants are tastefully arranged in the WHOLE resort. the landscaping team worked rain or shine to keep the resort nice and tidy. you will not see sand/mud straying around anywhere. fallen leaves/flowers are swept away pretty quickly. Efficient and amazing

2. Villa was so cool. Stayed in a garden deluxe and it was actually a mini villa on its own. Has a huge bathroom, TV in bathroom. Room was clean, neat, and most importantly no ants/flies/lizards. The bed was very comfy, AC cool and quiet. Deco in the room was kept simple yet good.

3. View of the sea was fantastic.

4. Service was amazing. we were greeted by all staff we met, they wear a bright sunny smile that could spark up the day anytime.

5. We ordered in-room dining twice, they were efficient and usually deliver the food in 20 mins, hot and delicious. Food in the pool restaurant ( pizza, finger food, bbq meat etc) was not too overpriced, and taste was good. we liked the breaded fish very much! it was cripsy coat of crumbs with a generous size of deep sea fish that is delivered fresh to the hotel by fishermen daily.

6. Good range of seasports- though they were not cheap, but we has the best service for all the seasports with Crimson, from para gliding to snorkelling, to jet skii-ing. The lifeguards were the best, they are patiently coached me on snorkelling ( i was horrible in snorkelling) and showed me how to steer a speedboat!

Not too great-

1. the inifinity pool looks beautiful on picture, but it was overcrowded especially in the mornings. all beach chairs fully taken up by 930am in the morning, but the hotel staff will be nice enough to bring you a chair to put your belongings.

2. The private beach was quite rocky, i had to walk in flipflops into the sea. I guessed they did not remove to rocks to keep it in original state, but well i wasnt a big fan of the sea so i was cool about it.

My most amazing experience in Crimson-

My fiance proposed in Crimson on V-day. He arranged this prior to the trip with one of the reservations manager and the whole experience was just wonderful. She specially choose a bouquet of red roses, sparkled with red glitters and beautifully wrap in cream sash. Dinner was on the beach, with a row of candles leading you into the beach and a private section & personal server for the table. Food was great, i had a wow lobster bisque and pan seared tuna. my fiance had a pasta salad and steak. We were lucky to have Hansel as our server for the night. He was observant and attended to all the requests we had. He speaks good english and we had a great chat with him and his experience working in Crimson, interactions with other customers etc. The overall experience was perfect!

A resort i will recommend for a weeknd/ 4-5 rest and relax trip.and will definitely stay in Crimson Cebu again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerinechia
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Jerinechia,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

It gives us great pleasure knowing that you had a perfect overall experience during your stay in our resort. Reading your excellent comments about our helpful group of staff, amazing landscape, cool villa, fantastic view and wonderful proposal was an absolute delight.

My team and I will be looking forward to seeing you at your wedding which we hope will still be at Crimson Resort & Spa, Mactan!

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here three days at the end of our Filipino trip. We booked online at short notice and got a good deal here. It has beautifully Appointed modern rooms with large bathrooms And even a tv in the bathroom. The service here is excellent and staff have beet rained to a very high standard . Breakfast is superb with a great buffet choice but be warned its a very busy and hectic service as the resort is popular with Korean package tourists. However the staff remain excellent at this time. At the evening the resort goes very quiet as the guests go to a local Korean restaurant ax part if their package. This place is very expensive compared to other places we gave stated. Evening buffer is 1680 Pesos in the saffron restaurant. We chose tempo upstairs for a la carte and again great service from grace and Darreb.azure pool bar us great for old drinks during the dsy but again is very pricey for water and local veerwe went to Cebu Marriott for an afternoon and the prices were half this resort but the ambience and service not the same. Well done to the guys at azure Roland Carl joker jester who work so hard out in the sun all day. We would recommend this place but budget for the expense. There are great spa facilities water sports pool activities for children and adults and a nice beach area with shades.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank davidleeNewcastle
Dear DavidleeNewcastle,

We are extremely grateful that you have shared your experience on TripAdvisor. Your excellent comments regarding our excellent staff, great spa facilities, water sports and pool activities challenge us to strive even harder in maintaining our standards. I have shared your wonderful commendations with Grace, Danreb, Roland, and Carl.

Pinay Traveler
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Crimson Resort is world-class! The ambience was sheer tropical luxury and the amenities were first-rate. Our villa was heavenly...complete with our own little plunge pool. It could certainly compare with the ttop of the line resorts in the Philippines. We had an awesome ocean view and the service was very gracious. The bathroom was big and posh. The grounds were lush and immaculately clean. it is still a reltatively new hotel so everything was tip-top! Unfortunately, the food left much to be desired. Very bland and substandard considering the region is well- known for its fruits, seafood and internationally applauded roast pig (lechon).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ana5678,

We are grateful for all the comments we receive as it allows us to know where and how to improve in terms of our facilities and services. Although, I express regret that you were unhappy with the food that we offered during your stay. Rest assured that our Executive Chef is working diligently to ensure that all our guests are satisfied.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The villa we stayed in is great (villa 505)! The amenities was superb... Our villa was located facing the sea with our own tiny pool. Air condition was to our standard. Everything was perfect and i honestly will give it a perfect score until we went to eat at their buffet... I really don't know what it was but the food felt so uninspired. Presentation was okay but the moment you taste it, it was a really big let down. I have to say that my baby and I have our share of the BEST fast foods, street food and gourmet food a really good resort or hotel can offer... Sadly the food here doesn't even come close to the most mediocre of these resorts or hotels... and we've tried a lot! I'd really like to go back there but if I have to eat outside to satisfy my cravings, I'd rather go to a little place that is not pretentious eat a really good meal and enjoy it. The ratio here of place/food is like 100/30%. Darn... to think that a little more effort from the chefs will make a big difference... So close to perfection... yet so far.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MelBacani
Dear MelBacani,

I am sorry to know of your dissatisfaction with the food during your stay in our resort. Rest assured that since then our Executive Chef has ensured that the food we serve in our resort will leave our guests wanting more.

London
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

After travelling around the Philippines with a backpack we spent our last night here. It was simply amazing!

The food was v good, albeit quite expensive sometimes. Dinner portions at the Saffron were small. Drinks were expensive for the Philippines but to be expected in such a hotel and still cheaper than the UK. Buffet breakfast is amazing. Lots of choice and the pastries are delicious.

The spa was ridiculously priced again compared to other spas and hotels we visited.

Rooms were incredibly comfortable. Bed was like luxury and the bathroom the same.

Will definitely go back when next in the Philippines!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Bahar321,

We are simply ecstatic to know you had an amazing stay in our resort. Our Executive Chef is beyond thrilled to know that you appreciated the delicious food that we offer.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Well let me star this by giving a big Thank You for giving me a Room Upgrade to a Villa.

Check in Check out - this is where I had issues with. We arrived at the resort really earlier than my advised arrival (10am), I was advised that the room will be available by then, but we were only accommodated at 1pm, still earlier than the usual though. I just expected a huge courtesy since we arrived like 7am and walking around, I noticed that the assigned room for us is already available.

Amenities - Excellent amenities and beautiful furnitures. Especially at the Azure Bar, well decorated. Everyone has a place and stillhave room for more, very commendable!

Room - Our Villa is located near the Azure bar, prolly 3 - 4 mins walk. Huge place for two pax, 3 LCD tv, nice sofa and nice room decoration. Bed is very comfortable, all I need is a minute to make me sleep. Bathroom is huge! Bath rub, TV, shower, name it!

WIFI connection is strong all over the resort, I've been to several Resorts in our country and this is the only so far that covers the whole resort with a consistent connection.

Food can be improved, pizza at the Azure Bar is overcooked and less seasoned, definitely not worth the ampunt being charged. Food at the Saffron Cafe though were good.

Staff - everyone is helpful and accommodating, truly Pinoy! Some needs to do some reading about the resort, they cant respond to some inquiries.

Coffee was not replenished, not sure if they missed it or they dont really do such.

Overall I must say that the resort is well maintained and really beautiful, I'd love to come back but not in a heartbeat, its a bit pricey.

Everyone should at least experience the beauty of Crimson.

Room Tip: Choose those rooms located near the Azure bar.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roadlesstravelled1
Dear Roadlesstravelled I,

We are extremely happy to read your experiences during your stay in our resort. I have noted your comments regarding the pizza in Azure which our Executive Chef is working on. Also, since your stay we have ensured that our team is knowledgeable about the resort among many things thanks to our Peoples Development Manager.

Aarau, Switzerland
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My partner and I have decided ... we will no longer go to Boracay. Cebu, and the Crimson, is our new home. The staff are so friendly ... you can't go 5 minutes without a kind "Hello!" from an employee. Rooms (and bathrooms) are very clean. The grounds are immaculate, and of course, the beach is just what the doctor ordered.
For a resort, the food is actually quite good. I've stayed at many resorts throughout SE Asia, Mexico, and the Caribbean ...and this was definitely one of the better ones. I only wish the servings were a little smaller. That being said .. if you only eat at the resort, you're missing out on some incredible Cebuano cuisine. Lechon (roast pork), mangoes, and danggit to name a few.
It's far from the city (40 minute car ride) which is really a good thing. Unless you're into shopping. But, only 25-ish minutes to the ferry terminal. That's nice for any island hopping you may want to do. We really recommend Bohol.
Our only complaint was the lack of knowledge by the staff of their existing promotions for their own services (spa, water sports, etc.). Upon check-out, we noticed several over-charges on our bill. It required some patient arguing before it would be rectified. I'm sure if we had been a little more assertive at the purchase of services, it may not have been an issue .. or at a minimum, confirmed the prices/packages again, prior to participation. But when you can "charge it to the room", it's easy to overlook these things. It's so minor, but it should be noted. It won't stop us from staying here again ... nor from sending our family .. friends ... or anyone that will listen.
Thank you Red Crimson. See you soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VancouverAzzurri
Dear VancouverAzzurri,

Boracay’s lost is certainly our gain. It will be a pleasure seeing you again and again in our resort. I have also noted your comments regarding our staff’s lack of knowledge of our promos and rest assured we are now diligently cascading it so everyone is on the same page.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,106 reviews
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#13 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!