“A paradise experience at Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Manila
“A paradise experience at Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I just had a wonderful and memorable stay in one of the premier resort in Mactan. It was just like paradise. No. It was a paradise experience! From the airport, to the front desk, all through-out the stay, I would say that Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan's hospitality, friendly smiles, and services are by at par with other 5 star hotel and resort in the Philippines.

Going on a solo trip, I experienced some (I have yet to come back to Cebu) of the historical places and food finds in the Queen City of the South (ex: Mactan Shrine, SuTuKil, Magellan's Cross, etc.) and having a comfortable and wonderful accommodation stay is truly just as exciting.

I commend the treatment that I had inside and outside the resort. Man, when you go out the resort, Crimson's personnel wont mind texting you just to check if you're doing okay around the province and/or if you need assistance.

And man, the room! The Deluxe Garden Room that I stayed in fit for a king! I just slept in a king-sized bed, by the way. The room has 2 wide LCD TVs, a sunk-in tub, a nice and comfy bed duvet, wash-up room, closet with robes, and a lot more.

Food from Saffron Cafe is all excellent which caters to all local and foreign guests. I had that flavorful refreshment Apple strawberry shake which Ms. Nice Te of Crimson recommended. Azure Bar is also one place inside the resort that is perfect for night cap, romantic date, or in my case, watching the dimly lighted beach as I sipped a frozen margarita.

There's a gym inside the resort and I tried it, pumping some iron to keep me fit through-out the day.

Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan also have their own spa area, called Aum Spa. You have to see it to appreciate the relaxing atmosphere inside the spa. It has a general pool lounge, jacuzzi, sauna, salon, etc.

It's just like a dream for me to experience this and once inside the resort, there's a feeling that you don't want to go home anymore and just stay at Crimson. I should have went there with a date! Sigh.

For a fact, the place is for those who can and willing to spend. That's why this place is really perfect for special occasions and family getaway, and also, for dating couples or newly weds.

I have soooo many good words to say but I have to save some for my own blog. You may visit more of my Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan experience at www.thejuantraveler.blogspot.com.

I will really recommend this place. I'm sure and I am very confident that you too will have a great stay here. Check out their website for promos too.

Location is quite far from the city (45 minute ride) but very near to the famed Lapu-Lapu monument. Place is clean and I guarantee you'll have a quiet and peaceful sleep.

Given another chance (and budget), I will definitely go back to Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan! It's really more fun in the Philippines!

Room Tip: You may request for the Deluxe Garden Rooms that are near from the pool area and Saffron Cafe.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear DaJUANtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I took great delight in reading your marvelous comments of your stay with us. It brought us immense pleasure to know that you enjoyed our food, facilities and services.

I hope that you will bring a date or your family on your next visit to our resort to make your stay with us even more wonderful and memorable. They will surely enjoy the activities we offer for couples and family.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully with your family or date on your next visit to our resort in the not too distant future.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I chose to stay at Crimson for 4 nights at the end of December and it was one of the most exciting and relaxing holidays of our lives. We travelled after that to other places in The Philippines including Boracay, but nothing could match the hospitality and quality of Crimson.
To start with, the attentiveness and friendliness of staff made the stay so much more enjoyable and relaxing. To feel looked after and welcomed makes a big difference that you cannot fully appreciate until you experience the opposite. When we first arrived after a long and exhausting journey, we went to eat lunch at Azure while we waited for our room to be ready and the staff (particularly Juv) made us feel at home and happy. From then on we knew we could go there to eat (or for happy hour) and Juv would always remember our names and give us excellent service.
At the breakfast buffet we were always greeted by Ann who was such a sweet and helpful girl. She always made conversation and helped me choose breads that I could eat (I have allergies).
Crystal who ran the water activities etc was great fun and gave us good advice as to what activities we would enjoy. We loved going jet-skiing and would definitely recommend the activities run by the resort.
We booked a Garden Room and it was really nice. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and we always had a great night's sleep. The pool is so beautiful and so is the beach. We also went to the spa and had lovely massages and got to use the spa pool area which was also incredible. Everything about the resort was amazing.
One thing was that the city is so far away and the resort shuttle only leaves 3 times a day. If you want to leave at other times you have to take a taxi and they can rip you off. Also, the resort is much more expensive compared to other places in The Philippines because there is not really any competition, so I recommend that you go to the Mactan Shrine (5 mins away by taxi) and try the seafood there or occasionally eat in the city to save money and have some variety.
Thankyou for a great holiday and we hope to be back again soon!

Room Tip: The Deluxe garden room was a great choice for us because we couldn't afford any of the villas...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ella R
Dear Ella R,

We will be looking forward to your next visit and hope you spend your next holiday at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read your excellent comments especially since you highlighted the attentiveness and friendliness of our staff which you said made your stay so much more enjoyable and relaxing. Your kind words will be like fuel to each one of us and we shall strive even harder to give all our guests a memorable experience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back to our resort in the not too distant future.

singapore
Reviewed December 17, 2012

It's a nice resort tucked away from the main roads but conveniently located from the airport. Problem is getting taxi out of resort. You may need to wait an hour or more, depending on luck. Booking for taxi is impossible despite staff claiming they tried their best and quickly offered the hotel transport at more than 4 times the normal taxi fare. Taxi from resort to airport probably costs 150php but the hotel transport costs 550php! I was being pressured to take their hotel transport instead. Unbelievable that such a premium hotel fails to consider the most basic service. The shuttle van service is also less than satisfactory. Only runs 3 times a day and with limited capacity.

Only great thing is probably the food and the bed. The best pastries I ever had in the Philippines. The buffet dinner was also fantastic though a little pricey at about 40USD.

The beach is not that clean and the water is cloudy and seabed rocky, not good for snorkeling nor swimming. The pool is also packed with people, with some East Asian tourists in inappropriate attire (shirt, sun dress...!?) in the water. The other activities are also overpriced esp. diving, island-hopping, which cost twice the usual price I would pay in other parts of Philippines. Certainly a place to stay if you just wanna hang out in the pool and restaurant for 1-2 days.

Room Tip: room away from the pools maybe, should be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Chomel I,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we are always looking for ways to further improve our services and facilities.

From time to time we encounter a challenge with taxi availability. Especially during December which is one of our peak seasons and there is scarcity of taxi all over the city at this time. We try to assist our guests by having a car rental company provide our transportation for us. Their prices may be a bit higher compared to a regular metered taxi due to the added insurance coverage they provide in case of an accident. We do not pressure our guests into taking it if they don’t want to. However, our team members may be a bit eager in assisting you that you may have misconstrued this as pressuring.

Also, as December is a peak season for us, during this time you may see several guests using the resort facilities at the same time. I regret that you were unable to enjoy our facilities due to this.

Lastly, rest assured that the prices of our activities are relatively cheaper compared to activities offered by other resorts of similar quality and category.

Once again, thank you for your comment and we will be looking forward to your next visit to our resort in the not too distant future.

Kew Gardens, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Short stay but very enjoyable. Yes the beach area is short and a bit rocky but is well equipped with a good staff. I found the pools not my type. Small, shallow and during my time crowded. I was unable to get a good swim but it was a joy for the couples and kids. Saffron restaurant is a wonderful treat. Well coordinated by a dedicated staff. Overall a place to rest and relax. Well done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kewz,

Thank you for appreciating our dedicated staff during your enjoyable albeit short stay with us.

I have noted your comments regarding having a short and rocky beach area as well as having a small and shallow pool. I regret that you were unable to get a good swim during your stay because of our pool being crowded at that time. December undeniably is one of our busiest seasons and we try to compensate for this by offering other activities.

Also, even if there may be some areas in our beach that may be considered rocky rest assured that we are looking into this as we are continuously striving to improve our facilities to the satisfaction of our guests.

Once again thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 11, 2012

During a Cebu Party Boat getaway I stayed over for 3 days at Crimson and I must say it was an absolute winner. Very high quality combined with the best service I had so far in the Philippines. I can recommend the hotel to anyone from elder people to families and youngsters. Thanks to the staff for being extremely friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear CebuPartyBoat,

Thank you very much for your delightful comment. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we aim to continuously improve our services and facilities.

I am grateful that you had the best service in our resort during your stay in the Philippines. Our team members will no doubt continue being extremely friendly and helpful.

San Fernando La Union, Philippines
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Having booked a Pool Villa for me, wife and two kids, we came in with high expectations... and to our delight, every second of our stay was nothing short of a luxury! From simple things that makes you smile to bigger things like arranging a private car to tour around the place were accomplished by staffs who are more than happy to be of help.

Our Room: Screaming of luxury -- spacious bed overlooking the private plunge pool, two big TVs, a receiving area with a pull out bed and still enough room for a round dining table and minibar. The beds are both comfy, even the pullout bed that our kids used.

Bathroom: Ok, wife is overly picky when it comes to this part and even she was impressed with how Crimson's presented theirs. The TV next to the bathtub is a nice touch and the separate shower is amply sized... oh and then there's the his and hers double sink which is a must :)

Restaurant: We had access to both Saffron and Tempo restaurants. The latter being exclusive to Villa occupants. Saffron has a very very wide variety of foods to offer. The buffet food is a little expensive if you're paying for it but it makes up for the quantity and quality of food being served. Tempo is a lot more quiet than Saffron and has a lot less choices of food.

Location of the Resort: The resort is in a very secluded part of the city so you might want to arrange with the concierge for transportation ahead of time before planning for any side trips around the city.

Pool: It can be very crowded at several times of the day, mostly with Korean honeymooners and some locals on the weekends. Even so, there are still a good number of staffs manning the pool area to accommodate to your needs.

Azure Bar beside the pools has a very cozy ambiance and very relaxing at night and can be a very good place for couples to unwind.

All in all, our stay and experience was excellent. From the check-in till check-out all of our needs were tended to with a whole heart and a smile. I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mrvicz,

“Nothing short of luxury” and “screaming of luxury.”

Let me tell you, my team and I are extremely tickled with these comments. It because of these comments that we strive even harder to ensure that we meet, better yet, exceed all of our guests’ expectations.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your spacious bed overlooking the private plunge pool, the quantity and quality of our food, the private car that took you around the place and more.

Thank you very much for your generous comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband, 2 kids (5 & 2) and I just stayed here for 8 days. I would recommend this resort a million times over. The luxury, beauty, ammenities and the kids' club all made it perfect. We were able to put the kids in Crimzone in the late afternoon before dinner and my husband and I could have a swim together and then have a cocktail at the sensational Azure pool bar on our own which made it like another honeymoon. The rooms are lovely, the staff are courteous and the infinity pool is stunning! The weather in the Philippines is actually perfect. We will be back!

Room Tip: They are all great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Vi0let99,

Thank you very much for your heartwarming comments regarding your stay at our resort. These comments are our source of inspiration making us strive even harder in maintaining our standards.

I am delighted that you and your family have found our rooms lovely, our staff courteous, and our infinity pool stunning. Furthermore, I am glad that you enjoyed it so much that it was like another honeymoon for you and your husband.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to making it all perfect for you and your family again on your next visit to our resort in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!