“The details count”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Houston, Texas
“The details count”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

At first glance the Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan looks wonderful. It's the little things that can really get under my skin. Like: the minute I opened my door the first morning the guys were there pushing tours. I felt constant pressure from these guys. We also were told we had to pay 50 php over the meter for all taxis. Why? Our room was not stocked with towels and we had to call several times. Trash was left on the side of the tub (it was not there when we left) and toiletries were not restock. Clearly the room cleaning staff is distracted. We arranged for a hotel car to pick us up after golf and it took 2 hours to arrive instead of the 1 hour as promised (it is a 45 minute drive from the hotel). The driver said he was "stuck in traffic". The log happened to be sitting there and I saw that he was dispatched to go to the airport before picking us up. We did discuss this with the manager and he gave us a complimentary airport transfer, which we thank him for very much. The "topping on the cake" was the Bohol Day Trip we took and paid for an exclusive trip $400 for 2 people (plus tips). We were told (in writing) our trip would depart from the hotel at 8:00 a.m. and return by 6:00 p.m. At 7:30 a.m. the staff was calling to find out where we were. We hurried and got in the car only to be deposited at the ferry terminal at 8:15 a.m. with a driver that could not explain what would happen next other than you are on the 9:20 a.m. ferry and I will pick you up here at 8:15 p.m.! In most cases you would be glad to get more than what was expected, but we did not want to spend a 14 hour day. I called the hotel to complain and say we did not want to go on the trip, but the GM was not there until 10:00 a.m. and I was promised a phone call from him - when never came - and we were never contacted when we returned at 9:20 p.m.! We went on the trip anyway and it was just okay. Nothing special. We were not even given any water by the tour guide. We had our lunch as described but were stopped at a local village to give money and also asked for money for the band on the boat. The return ferry ride was a nightmare! There was no a/c or ventilation on the boat (1 hr 45 min) and we departed over 30 minutes late. We were exhausted, sweating, breathed in diesel fumes for over 2 hours and STARVING by the time we got back to the hotel). The next day I went to the spa and had a mani pedi - they had no red polish of any description... What spa does not have red polish. We were at the sports bar and my husband ordered a Singapore Sling. It came but was clear in color and tasted like rocket fuel. The bartender told us that it was their version of the Singapore Sling because they don't have grenadine and was miffed when we asked him to take it off the bill and bring something else. I got a nasty cold while in Manila and was happy to see they had a clinic on site. The nurse was very nice and dispensed some medicine. When it didn't work, I went back and she said she could give me more, but she didn't have any it was "on order with the purchasing department". So, what good is it to have a clinic if you don't have the medicine? The Crimson has a lot of things right, but they also have a lot of things wrong. Unfortunately, the wrong things really soured my stay and I cannot recommend this hotel unless you feel like getting ripped off.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mitzimorris
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Ms. Mitzimorris,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I was alarmed when I found out about the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. Usually, each team member is committed to providing excellent service. It appears that we have fallen short of delivering our usual high standards. Thus, we hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Ms. Morris you may be assured that corrective actions have already taken place with the persons concerned.

We hope that you will not judge us based on these experiences, and you will give us the opportunity to make up for this string of unfortunate incidents as we look forward to welcoming you back to Crimson Resort and Spa.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nice, France
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I love this hotel, although I only stay there when I land and when I leave Cebu.. so very short stays. I think there are much nicer beaches to go to if you are in the Philippines for a while, but the spa here is one of my favourites in the world, and the staff service is unsurpassed.

Room Tip: As it is expensive I only ever book the standard rooms. None have great views although I would say y...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lemanieg
Dear Lemanieg,

I am pleased to know that you love our resort, with great pleasure, your good comments about the resort’s services and facilities especially the spa will be passed on to my colleagues.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Manila
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Nicely designed resort, more manageable size than Shangrila and a good cheaper option, nice and clean grounds/gardens, good sized room and bathroom, great pool and small kids play area. Good service everywhere except 1 or 2 front desk staff who seemed to have already had a long day when I checked in at noon. Nice white beach, lots of lounge beds even if resort was full. Expect to stay within or wait for shuttle/taxis to get to the city center.

Room Tip: Nice and quiet all throughout. If going up a flight of stairs is an issue, just ask for the ground f...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MunchkinTraveller
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Munchkin Traveller,

I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our resort. Your wonderful comments regarding the resort’s facilities and services will be passed on to my colleagues. I have also noted your comments with regards to the 1 or 2 Front Desk Staff and asked our Front Office Manager to look into this.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very nice hotel with a good choice of restaurants. The beach is not that big of a deal as are all the beaches in Mactan, so we were told. But the pool is wonderfull.
And it's not a bad thing it's about 10 minutes from the airport, which can be a real treat in Cebu traffic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ladybug_on_the_way
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Ladybug_on_the_way,

I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our resort. I have shared your excellent comments regarding the resort’s restaurants and facilities to the rest of our team.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Overall this is a great resort for anyone wanting to travel to Cebu. The location is close to the airport and has great views over the islands. The resort itself is fairly well maintained and the rooms very generous in size - although some of the internal layout design could have been better.

The best thing about Crimson is the staff. They are so friendly and willing to help. Every morning they greet you with a warm smile and every staff member greets you wherever they see you in the resort.

The food inside the resort was excellent and Chef Stefano was very helpful with menu suggestions and activity ideas.

One minor negative is the price of the Spa. Compared to spa's in Cebu City, it was far too expensive to use. A massage in town costs around PHP 400 whereas the resorts prices start at PHP 2500 (a big difference). Even with the cost of getting a taxi to town and back and the massage cost, it is still far cheaper than the resort.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Krupom
Dear Krupom,

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay at our resort. I have shared your wonderful comments regarding your meals with Chef Stefano and your excellent comments regarding the resort’s services, to the rest of our team. It will serve as an inspiration for us to ensure that our standards are maintained at all times. As for the price of services in our Aum Spa, it is relatively cheaper compared to services offered in spas of similar quality and category.

Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
Reviewed August 13, 2012

inquries the reservation
they answer you anytime i mean even 3am they will answer and it will not pass a day that will not respound to your "Makulit" question to the details they answer you.

online reservation
even though they have online booking on their site, they will still entertain your servation thru email. they will give you the details and if you still have question they will answer you

upon arrival
-the all bell man are friendly they smile a lot
-the they will drive you (golfcart) to your room (deluxe garden room) they even will tour you a bit and the bell man that drive us is softspoken you know that the you will be well attend.

the room
-so spacious i love the room, the bed we slept so well
-clean as i always wanted to a resort/hotel
-well equip, tv, aircon and even the wifi is working greate

the bathroom
-love the bathroom so clean, well place of utilities
-bathtub is clean not a sign of pervious user
-u'll have 2 shampoo, 2 bodysoap,1 body lotion , 2 hand soap
-plus u'll have tv on the restroom

room & bathroom
-spacious
-well lighted
-well maintain

Pools
-love the layers of infinity pool from the 2feets, 3feets and 4/5feet
-lot of beach chair near the pool
-you can ask for warm towel (WARM TOWEL!! hehehe like it)

-one bad thing i notice is the floor of the pool is crack already, since the floor is like light blue or white you will see it specially when at night with all the lights on the pool is on.

Beach
-spacious also, if you want a beach wedding this is one place to consider.
-so clean and neat, i love it when the resort maintain and clean their beaches

-till 5PM :( , i usually go to the beach around 4pm so it is so sad especially when the beach is close on our last day there :(

the resto
-yummy food, well presented
-if you like buffet, they have a lot of food you will find and love. from american foods to asian foods
- the stuff is so frendly they will ask you after will how was it, and greet you always with a smile :)

-if you don't like buffet they also have menu you can choose but they can only offer you not much choices.
-buffet too pricy 1600 per head

the bar
-it is near the pool and beach so it is create to stay there have once drinks while watching the sun set.
-they also have different menu but can offer the same food on the resto.
-again the stuff is friendly and the time we have dinner there they have happy hours so we end up drinking.

over all
-we go there on the weekdays so not much crowded and for the 1st 2days we are the only local guest all most all was "ibang lahi" well execpt for the stuffs thats why we enjoy the place. it is not crowded, a lot things to do they have sport center, and they are making a badminton center.
-the place are still improving so im hoping for the time we came back they have all the renovation done ^_^

**the will only charge you per night not per day if your stay overnight.

Room Tip: Deluxe Garden Room for around 9k+ on the weekdays and 10k+ on the weekens
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank simplyelai
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Simplyelai,

I am delighted that you appreciate our service. We always endeavor to assist our guests even during reservation to the best of our abilities. I have passed on your excellent comments to our Reservations Department who will no doubt strive harder to maintain our standards.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This resort is approximately an hour car ride from Cebu airport. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. My only complaint is the room availability. We made a reservation for what we thought would be a room with 2 beds but instead had a room with one king size. Also, the layout of the room was a bit odd since the bathroom and hotel room are separated with this open window next to the tub. Even when you close it, you can hear everything that's going on in the bathroom. The service at this resort was the highlight as well as the sumptuous buffet. Good presentation, wide variety, and good quality. The staff at this hotel were very sweet. Apparently this resort is very popular particularly with loads of Koreans so our late check-out request was denied. Sigh... The grounds are beautiful and right next to the beach. Therefore, my only complaint would be the crowds and the unavailability of a room with 2 full/queen size beds.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JPofSD
Dear JPofSD,

I have noted your comments and I express regret at your dissatisfaction with regards to the room availability and car ride from the airport. Unfortunately, we can’t verify your reservation therefore we would not be able to check where the error had been made. As to the car ride to the resort, we are located 3 kilometers away or 10mins from the airport. For future bookings we recommend that you make your airport transfer arrangements with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!