“Best holiday ever!”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at Crimson Resort and Spa during the whole Easter holiday. It was great! The crowd was good and the experience turned out to be much more than we expected.

First of all, the place is beautiful. I've been to the other hotels in Cebu and this is the only one that's really designed like a sprawling resort. No high rise buildings with stuffy hotel corridors here. When you step out of your room, its like entering a garden with flowers and romantically lit pathways weaving between quaint villas leading to the surf just a few steps away. I also like the added privacy of having your own "gate" and a small private garden before reaching the front door. Truly, it feels like you're living in a cozy but luxurious tropical home, in a beautiful village on a secluded south sea island where people are so nice and courteous!

The Casita (or villa) we stayed in was situated right in front of the beach and gave a wonderful sunrise view. I must admit, the villa was designed very nicely...very luxurious... and the bathroom, was really spacious and so well appointed. Because the villa faced the beach, it was so convenient to just hop out of bed and take a morning dip. The pool was also close by so we had a choice where to swim. The 3 tiered infinity pool was big enough so it did not feel crowded despite the many guests. The people at the pool counter were very accommodating and always had towels ready for us. Luckily, we found some available lounging chairs with umbrellas. It's usually full. As for the sports activities...ha! We really had a blast. The lifeguards who also act as instructors were very professional and really nice to my kids. There were so many sports activities available at affordable prices we didn't need to step out. It's all there - wake boarding, para-sailing, jet skiing, island hopping, banana boat rides, underwater sea walker, fish feeding while snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, scuba diving and so much more. My kids wanted to do all of them but we ran out of time. They did enjoy the para-sailing and jet skiing, fish feeding while snorkeling and kayak races immensely. Hopefully, we will have a chance to do the others next time because they definitely want to go back!

As for me, I loved the spa so much I visited many times. (Aum Spa) Its a peaceful, quiet, haven away from the crowd. The minute you enter, the quiet atmosphere and soothing aroma therapy transport you to a world where stress, toxins and worry just melt away. A charming young lady welcomed me with a cool glass of green tea and a refreshing cold towel to drive the summer heat away. Thus began my wonderful experience at the Aum Spa. She led me to the private open air cabana where I was to have my massage. It looked and felt like I was in the middle of some tropical paradise surrounded by nature and the only sound you could hear was that of very soft relaxing music and the rustle of water. I tried the wrap and the hot stone full body massage on separate occasions. During the wrap, the milk and honey massage felt so relaxing and luxurious on my skin it made me fall asleep. But the real good news is, after your bath, you can feel the noticeable difference on your skin. It really feels so much more supple and smooth, like baby's skin. Amazing! The other treatment I tried was the Hot Stone Massage which is said to be unique to Aum Spa. When they "pound" the herbs on your legs and back its truly invigorating. Then they massage your back and lower body with long deft strokes and hot stones and all your stress just melts away! (I am one step away from Nirvana...) Gently, a soft voice brings you back to reality and your done. You shower away, get dressed and are already planning your come back. And, just as when you came in, once at the lobby, a charming young lady offer you a cup of soothing green tea and a cold towel while you wait for the golf cart to pick you up and bring back to your rooms. Overall, it was truly one of the best spa experiences I've had. Their therapists are really good, courteous at all times and very soft spoken, which i like. Very professional. You can tell they're well trained. And you can tell by the smell and feel of the lotions and herbal mixes they use that these are really first class. Aum Spa is leagues away from those mall or roadside spas. And definitely notches higher than many spas in other 5 star resort/hotels. It's truly worth the visit!

As for the food, the buffet was good... but my kids favorite are Kalbi Chim and the crispiest pata ever! I also especially liked the beach barbeque and seafood market night at the buffet. Overall, the service was also very good. I have to admit, those guys at Crimson are really friendly and very helpful. Even when you ring room service in the wee hours past midnight, they're always sound happy to serve and do so with a smile. So would I recommend Crimson Resort? Definitely!!! :)

Room Tip: This is the only resort with villas that open out to the sea or beach. Don't miss the opportuni...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Mich T,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here during the Easter holiday and, with great pleasure, your excellent comments about the hotel’s food, services and facilities will be passed on to my colleagues.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

A good alternative to the bigger resorts in Mactan.
The resort has just opened so everything was new. The room was very well decorated and the bathroom spacious. We had an issue with the bathroom which had a leak coming from the ceiling. The leak was fixed after we reported it but to our surprise, there was another leak coming from the ceiling above the bath tub.
The pool was very nice, spacious and had enough lounge chairs. The hotel was not full when we stayed so space was not an issue at the pool side.

The resort offered free shuttle to the city but only ran until 6pm. You have to take a taxi going back which is a challenge because taxi drivers refuse to bring you due to the distance.

The resort offered limited dining choices so if you are staying for more than 3 days, you'll grow tired of eating the same stuff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mie22

Dear Mie22,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service in our restaurants.

I have noted your comments with regards to the hotel’s facilities and dining choices which I have shared with my colleagues. I express regret at your dissatisfaction. But rest assured that we are constantly looking for ways to further improve on these areas.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to another opportunity to share our hospitality with you.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This resort is highly overrated! The rooms are okay, but i saw a baby cockroach walking around the night stand when we got there. Otherwise, the sheets were clean and the bathroom is spotless although we had to ask for a bathmat. The service here is terrible. On our first day, we went to the Azure Bar to order some snacks. Our sandwiches came an hour later! The omelet which costs PhP480 looked more like a sad, overcooked scrambled egg and the taste was even worse. It was super salty you can feel the salt granules. It also took forever to have water.
When we went back to the hotel room, the whole resort's cable tv was down. Our room's phone line was dead and while taking a shower, the electricity when off. It was really a first day of horrors.
Then, I misplaced our key card packet with our room number written inside. I immediately reported it to the guest services and they quickly provided me with a replacement. I was assured that upon issuance of the new key card, the old one will be inactive ( i voiced out my concern that someone might find it and try to enter our room). The next day my bro in law found the packet in the restaurant and gave it to me. I tried to open the our door ( instinct?) and to my horror, it opened! The guest services did not deactivate the original key card after all. Good thing it was my bro in law who found it and not some random person.

At breakfast my mom got a couple of "fried fish" from the buffet table. When she took a bite she realized it wasnt fish but chicken - spoiled chicken! She then took her plate and brought it to the chef. The chef quickly went to the dish from the buffet and took the whole thing away (it was already half filled at that time).

Overall, Crimson Resort and Spa is a good enough resort - facilities wise. The beach is small but very clean, the pool is warm and inviting. The rooms are nice and clean. People are friendly and they seem to try their best. However, it is far from being a5-star retreat. Service is an important part of every vacation and Crimson Resort and Spa needs to improve a whole lot if they want to have repeat guests. Because I, for one, dont have any incentive to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jquepe
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

I regret that you experienced dissatisfaction during your stay with us. Rest assured that I have noted your comments and took necessary actions to ensure that similar incidents will not happen in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our resort soon.

James

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Beautiful, homely resort, Excellent staff, beautiful setting, lovely food. Excellent service. Didn't feel like leaving the place. Highly recommend. Very homely too.

Room Tip: Nothing different.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank priyanthi_e

Dear Priyanthi_e,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your good comments about the hotel’s food, services and facilities will be passed on to my colleagues.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We had a wonderful, relaxing time at crimson. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackster79

Dear Jackster79,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your good comments will be passed on to my colleagues.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

As one other reviewer said - Seriously wow. I cannot agree more. This place is fantastic. We lashed out and booked a villa with plunge pool. The room was terrific, offered everything you want, comfortable, well appointed, clean, big bathroom, big bedroom and lounge. Secluded walled outdoor area with day bed and plunge pool. Even the bathtub has a view into a walled garden. The villas are quiet, no noise from other surrounding villas. Staff from the moment you arrive are helpful and warm and friendly. Nothing seems too much bother for them. Breakfast variety is excellent. We took the option of a "romantic dinner" and found this to be a lovely way to eat, with the cool breeze of the evening, and some really good food, and wine. This place does not have the huge palm lined beach, it does have its own beach area though. It does though have a wonderful pool and some lovely surrounds. There is plenty on offer, lots of water activities, jet skis, banana boats, parasailing, island hopping tours. You wont be short of things to do. I cannot speak highly enough of this place. We will be back, for sure!!!!!

Room Tip: If you can afford, it for a couple, get a villa unit, yes they are expensive, but I found it great v...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelbourneTravelmad

Dear Melbourne Travelmad,

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Spent two incredible nights here at the end of a long journey backpacking through the Philippines...and it was 100% worth it. If you're looking for a tropical postcard beach, it's not here. But if you're looking for a beautiful resort, nice pool, decent food (only had the buffet, so unsure about the rest), and a gorgeous room, then stay here. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. We used their shuttle service to go to a restaurant (about 10 minutes away) we heard about and they charged us about 10 times more than what a taxi would've charged us. If you're the type of traveler who just wants to stay at the resort, relax by the pool, and read a book, then this is your place. But if you want tropical beaches, jungles, monkeys, soft sand and beautiful snorkling at your doorstep, go to Bohol or another place.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric B

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services, food and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

James

#1 of 91 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#12 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!