“Cebu's Great Escape”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I did not know what to expect when I first stepped in the hotel. It was the first time and I just trusted my travel instincts that this newest addition to Cebu's resorts might just be worth trip and it was! I had a wonderful time at the resort from the moment I arrived until the last day.

Service Deluxe
Attendants were very accommodating and very engaging. Upon arrival, golf cart driver immediately offered to give me a quick a tour of the place - where the pool is, the beach, gym, restaurants, garden villas, etc. before heading to the room.

Room Accommodations
The room was spacious and clean. It had a mediterranean vibe to it hence, it felt like I was transported to another place. I like the bathroom as it opens up to the room while using the bathtub. It was clean and had all the toiletries, towels, essentials, etc. readily available.

Pool
The infinity pool is just simply breathtaking. It provides the perfect backdrop for a real relaxing getaway. Take a dip and you wouldn't mind staying for a little while longer.

Gym
Good enough to do a bit of exercise. It's not complete but it'll do for a quick cardio.

Lobby
The lobby leading to the reception area had a very good view of the entire resort. It was a "postcard" moment upon gazing at it for the very first time. I felt that the sun, sea and sky all came together in that one blissful second and I thought to myself, it was in perfect harmony with the beautiful surroundings of the resort.

Transportation
I had no problem commuting from the resort to the city as it provided a shuttle with various time schedules. It was easy and convenient. If you don't want to follow the schedule, you may take a cab to and from for Php500.00 (thereabouts...).

Overall, the experience was extremely good. I would come. Definitely.

Room Tip: Garden Villas/Rooms are good for families and/or large groups.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IndigoTravels
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear IndigoTravels,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your good comments about the hotel’s food, services and facilities will be passed on to my colleagues.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

JAMES MONTENEGRO

Write a ReviewReviews (3,827)

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Resort:
Beautifully constructed with traditional architecture which make you feel relaxed and homely. As you enter the lobby you get a great view of the infinity pool leading up to the beautiful calm ocean. Hotel is immaculately clean.

ARRIVAL:
We had an early arrival flight and arrived at the hotel around 6am. It took less than 20 mins by taxi to the resort from airport. As expected our room was not ready at the time. However the friendly receptionist at the counter contacted housekeeping to rush a room and suggested that we have breakfast while they get the room ready. By the time the breakfast was over our room was ready.

ROOM:
Beautifully appointed room with a “day bed”, LED TV, small outdoor sitting area, comfy “semi-hard’ king bed with a clean tidy bathroom with luxury amenities. Not to mention FREE “Wi-Fi”!

SAFFRON:
“SAFFRON” restaurant breakfast was amazing. A good selection of Eastern & Western food are offered. The service was friendly, efficient and professional. Couldn’t find any fault.

POOL & POOL BAR:
We spent all day in the pool area. The water temperature was perfect. A great place to chill-out all day, over looking the ocean sipping a nice frozen Margarita. What a way to enjoy life? The location and the setting of the pool bar “Azure” is amazing. I loved the “chill-out” music played in the bar and the “double” size mattresses to lye down and read a book and have a nap listening. “Azure” food was great too. Loved the yummy pizza’s served on a round bread-board and to go with excellent service provided by friendly staff.

Wi-Fi:
I must say the “Wi-Fi” speed throughout the hotel was amazingly super-fast and FREE! Even you get connected in the pool and surrounding areas without a problem.

SURROUNDING AREAS IN MACTAN:
There is not much to do and we didn’t bother to go to Cebu city, except to see Mactan Lapu Lapu Shrine and visited the market area. We were happy just to chill-out in the resort and this is exactly what we needed. So didn’t miss anything and no regrets.

CONCLUSION:
If you ever wanted a great holiday just to relax and chill-out and get pampered by professional, friendly and efficient staff with great food and great cocktails, accommodation with great facilities, high speed FREE internet this is the place for you. I would rate this resort a TRUE 5 Star rating! We will be back for sure and have already recommended this resort for many of our friends. I don’t understand why some guests are wingeing about this resort…

Room Tip: Over looking the pool
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KumarDaCritique

Dear KumarDaCritique,

Reviewed March 7, 2012

We just had an overnight stay here last December 2011, and we stayed in one of the cottages. We had a great time, the cottage has 3 TV sets (sala, bedroom and bathroom), it was big, spacious, very comfortable and it has its own dipping pool. The prices were a bit steep but given all the ammenities and the impecable service of its staff, I say that it was worth it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Engr_Gaps
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear Engr_Gaps

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your invaluable comments about the hotel’s service and facilities will be passed on to my colleagues.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at this resort and I must say we were profoundly disappointed. The good news first. The place is newish and clean, the staff most courteous and helpful. Now the negatives. It is very pricey with the cheapest rates at around $200, the food and drinks in the resort are outrageously priced, it is very far from the main road and many taxis refuse to take you there, the expensive drinks are always being pushed on you by the waiting staff, the beach is miniscule and rocky to boot! The workmanship in the rooms is shoddy, our fridge and safety deposit box did not work, the door does not fit snug to the frame allowing a huge gap for mosquitoes and other bugs to enter the room. Hi-fi was spotty at the best of times. Bottom Line - AVOID at all costs

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank SixcontinentsRiyadh

Dear SixcontinentsRiyadh,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service in our restaurants.

I have noted your comments with regards to the hotel’s facilities and food which I have shared with my colleagues. I express regret at your dissatisfaction. But rest assured that we are constantly looking for ways to further improve on these areas.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to another opportunity to share our hospitality with you.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Cebu is rapidly becoming a popular destination for package tourists from North Asia. The hotel is relatively new and the grounds are quite nice. However, they have a small pool complex which got over-run by noisy/exuberant tourists from Korea; their beach sucks and some of the rooms were noisy and had poor finishing eg gaps b/w the door & door-frame. The food was ok - buffet style fare. So, just understand what you're getting before you go there. Its not a classic resort style hotel

Room Tip: Its not a tropical paradise resort
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TomG1234

Dear TomG1234,

Reviewed February 16, 2012

The resort was wonderful, very nice, clean and comfortable rooms in a nice garden setting. The only downside: beach small and rocky. However, the atmosphere and proximity to airport very nice for shorter stays. Very nice breakfast buffet with lots of choices, restaurant ok, however a bit on the pricy side.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, some bungalows and some rooms in 2 story building. If you don't want to cli...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Conny R,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your comments about the hotel’s food and facilities will be passed on to my colleagues. The beach in Mactan area is generally rocky, but we are looking for ways to further improve our beach.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I checked in to this resort hoping for a nice relaxation after all the stresses and pressures during the week. I never regret having stayed in Crimson.

You can really experience tranquil and private moments even if you are just alone checking-in the resort. However, I was with friends but stayed in my room alone. They found Crimson to be a superb and relaxing resort in Mactan Island, as well.

And yes, I was really relaxed when I availed the Aum Signature Massage. It's worth the premium price staying in Crimson and getting pampered at Aum Spa.

Saffron was also the best hotel restaurant in the metro with lots of food selections. Even if I and my friends dined late, the restaurant still displayed their foods with no trays and bowls empty until they closed for the night.

Lastly, it had the best WIFI during my stay there. I can upload some moments in a few minutes after taking pictures and shared them on Facebook and Twitter. Even on the beachfront, there was a WIFI Signal.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is one the best rooms for single travelers.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BjornCebuano

Dear Bjorn Cebuano,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your invaluable comments about the hotel’s food, service and Aum Spa will be passed on to my colleagues.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 92 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#16 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!