“One of the best in cebu”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
las pinas
“One of the best in cebu”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We decided to spend my birthday weekend in crimson resort with my husband and 4 yr old son.... the rooms and the pools are very nice, but not as beautiful as shangrila mactan... we got a cheaper rate for our 3days/2 nights stay, i think it was about 30% less than their usual rate... but i can't complain about their service... since we mentioned it was my birthday, when we got to the room, in less than 5 mins i got a wonderful WHOLE chocolate birthday cake... which was super yummy and quite huge for just the 3 of us... we didn't get to finish it for the 3 days we were there... :) any requests are attended to right away. breakfast was great with lots of choices. love their croissants and danggit(dried fish delicacy of cebu)! exceptional service from one of the waiters and assistant in the restaurant i think their names were larkin and lee ann... exceptional. i could say their service, if not as good as shangri-la, was even better. they pampered us at the restaurant even giving us free desserts during lunch time since we ate ala carte.. i could say crimson is one of the best hotels in mactan definitely in my top 5... :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Bcmp23
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear BCMP23,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed and spent your birthday here and, with great pleasure, your good comments about the hotel’s service will be passed on to my colleagues.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

JAMES MONTENEGRO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cebu
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Firstly I would like to say apologies for the names of all the friendly staf that help me whilst on my stay.

I decided to take my wife to Crimson to celebrate 16 years of marriage. I wanted to take her somewhere that she could relax and enjoy herself.

I booked a villa with a private pool and I must say I was very very pleased with what booked. The decor was absolutely gorgeous, the rooms were spacious and very clean. Also recieved a complimentary bottle of wine.

The pool area was very nice, it was not a very big pool but it was what I expected so I was very pleased.

We had a romantic anniversary meal at the poolside and it was awesome. The staff were great as well.

Breakfast in the morning was more than satisfactory, with a variety of foods.

This review is a very quick one because I am about to board a plane.

Crimson rocks And i cannot wait to go again.

Well done crimson and staff you made my anniversary one to remember.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear BandmanagerCebu,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at the Crimson Resort & Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed and spent your 16 year anniversary here and, with great pleasure, I will pass on your good comments to my colleagues.

AGAT
Reviewed November 7, 2011

One of the best hotels I have been to. Overall nice atmosphere, great service, and friendly staff. Being in the US military, I travel a lot. Been to Philippines many times, first time Cebu. Crimson was a little far from everting, but it was worth the drive. If the hotel does not impress you, than the friendly staff will. What was very impressive was that they had 24 hours medical care. I was very suprise to see that they had nurses watching over thier guests all day and night. Recommend to anyone going to Cebu. Thank you from the 254/554 Red Horse Squadron.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank REDHORSE826
Dear REDHORSE826,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, I will pass on your good comments to my colleagues.

Tamuning, Mariana Islands
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Went to Crimson back in August, had no problems. The staff was excellent, the rooms were clean and lovely, and overall area was breath taking. Please look for a lovely lady by the name of Miss Nestle, she was really the center piece of the hotel. She was so helpful and her warm personality was very pleasant. Along with her staff , she made everyone in my group not want to go to any other hotel in Cebu. When we there, we would work long hours and never ending labor. All the pain and tiredness went away when we got back to the hotel. Thank you Miss Nestle and VIP staff, rest assured if we ever come back to Cebu you and your staff will be re-visited by us.

Room Tip: Please get with Miss Nestle and her staff for any kind of information and assistance. They were not...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nard a
Dear nard a,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, I will pass on your good comments to Ms. Nestle our Guest Service Manager.

Manila
Reviewed November 5, 2011

What a wonderful place.

Service is excellent, one of the best service level experience in a hotel.

Food choices are typical. Try their offering of cakes and pastries just outside Saffron Café.

Well manicured beachfront, but not really for swimming but more for relaxing on the beach. Infinity Salt Water pool provides another venue to relax and unwind.

So far the only hotel I have seen with day beds on the lobby. Inviting their guests to just lay down and drain their stress away. These day beds are facing the window that gives a very nice view of the beach.

The rooms and villas are spread across the sprawling hotel property. You have to familiarize yourself going to your rooms or you could easily get lost, as some of our companions experienced. They have a golf cart service if you don't feel walking back to your room or because you are afraid of getting lost (again). They also have hotel maps, but may prove useless if you lack the basic orienteering skills.

Rooms are well appointed with amenities (no fresh fruits though). Just the right amount of toiletries. A TV in the bathroom is a welcome addition. What is impressive is the comfort of the beds they have. Wonderful, I could stay all day on the bed. The pillows and blankets provides the perfect combination for a restful slumber.

Since it's the rainy season, every room is provided with an umbrella. Umbrella racks are also all over the hotel where one could drop off their wet umbrella or grab another one before venturing out in the rain.

Visit Crimson Resort and Spa and be pampered.

-Pusang Gala (The Traveling Cat)
[--]

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Lakay71,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, I will pass on your good comments. I would like to thank you for posting some beautiful pictures of the resort.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We recently stayed at the Crimson Resort and Spa and we were impressed with what the resort had to offer. Because it was a new resort, and not the Shangri-la, we did not want to set our expectations very high so we wouldn’t be disappointed. Well, we were amazed to see how beautiful it turned out to be. The staff were so friendly and accommodating and they were always ready to assist. More importantly, they were very patient with our kids, and that’s always a big plus for me!

I was shocked to read some of the negative comments about the hotel because I did not encounter such incidents during our entire stay. In fact, I have already recommended it to many of our friends who want something a bit more private and cozy. While I don't condone bad service, it's also about the kind of guest that you are. If you are pleasant and cheerful to the staff, they will go the extra mile to serve you.

Another plus, they offer shuttle service to major shopping areas of the city, so if you want a change of scenery or want to run out to get your Starbucks fix or dine in other places, this is your answer.

All in all, we loved our entire stay and would not hesitate to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear momtraveller_11,

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We just returned from a 5-day stay and had none of the problems of the previous reviewer. The room was clean and spacious, the staff were efficient and friendly, and the breakfast was superb. One caveat: some of the staff are English-challenged. We found it avoided confusion if we "pointed" at the items we wanted on the menus. (Relying on purely verbal communication seemed to invite mishap.) Additionally, there was one waiter at Azure (the beach bar) with an attitude problem, but he was the exception to the rule. Overall we had an excellent experience and would go again. Remember, as always when in Asia, ordering Western foods will disappoint, and what you get will bear no resemblance to what you are used to! lol

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charles s
Dear Charles S,

I apologies if you had some difficulty communicating with one of our staff, but believe that most of the staff in the hotel speak and understanding English relatively well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#14 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!