“Nice Infinity Pool,World-class Facility”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Makati, Philippines
“Nice Infinity Pool,World-class Facility”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed at Crimson resort Mactan From September 4-5 and I am pleased with my overall experience. There were unexpected occurences that may have turned my vacation into a disaster but they got it all sorted out.

For one, my daughter had lactose intolerance and the nurse took care of arranging a transport service to a nearby hospital. Also, airport transfer was not part of our package but they were kind enough to give us a ride on the way.

Staff were generally courteous and attentive to the needs of their guests.

Nice private beach- clean and well maintained although its a bit rocky in most areas and there were some oil in the surface.

Overall- the facility was CLEAN and POSHY. I would definitely recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: I stayed at a deluxe room. I like the window connecting to the main room and the bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
107 Thank Jetsy S
CrimsonGM, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear Jetsy S,

I'm so glad we were able to help you with your child's lactose issue and everything went smoothly, I know how a new Dr. can sometimes be stressful.

Your comment on the beach is also something we are working on now, the season now is moving the sand up the beach and during low tide the bedrock is exposed. We are looking into a way to push the sand back off the beach into the water before the season changes and it does it all by itself.

Again, thanks for the great comments and we look forward to having you back soon.

Winston Hanes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2011

definatly the new place to be on mactan! Huge property, great cocktails by the pool. I stayed ina villa and it was one of the best sleeps i have had in a long time. Breakfast is amazing. definatly worth staying at if your visiting mactan.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
112 Thank Ritchie G
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear 808surf,

Aloha....

Great to see you had such a good time, and by all your reviews I can see you are well traveled and post some honest reviews.

I was living in Kihei back in the late 90's and working for the #1 hotel in Wailea, great place Maui.

Let me know next time you are in Cebu.

sotogrande
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My family and I stayed at crimson resort and it was a absolutely perfect in every way. Great pool areas that my 5 year old son really enjoyed. Upstairs restutant has fantastic views over the resort and sea. Whilst the food and service were excellent. Rooms were a total surprise , modern nice and very clean. Had a wonderful time at this understated hotel and will visit again soon.

• Stayed August 2011
110 Thank fair_c0mments
CrimsonGM, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear fair _c0mments,

I want to thank you for your review and I am pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations during your stay, we really do try.

I think we may have met during your breakfast and I am pleased that the rest of your stay was great and the rooms impressed..., I look forward to welcoming you back on your next escape from the city.

Please feel free to contact me and let me know when you are coming so we can catch up for a drink or chat.

Tamuning, Mariana Islands
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have been to many hotels. The Crimson Resort, Mactan rates at top of my list. We were greeted by two beautiful ladies and a wonderful staff that handled our bags as it came in and dropped it off to my room. The breakfast buffet served all my favorite dishes and more. I stayed in the Garden Suite. The room was clean and very spacious. House keeping did a great job daily. Laundry service was very quick to pick up and returned neatly folded or on a hanger. Dinner at Saffron was delicious. They had a wide selection of fresh fruits and deserts to choose from. I would spend most my nights unwinding at Scores Sports Bar. Comfortable atmosphere and a friendly staff. I even got to know them by name. Kudos to the night staff at Scores. I would look foward to unwinding at Scores after a long day. Check out could have been a little more organized. Overall, I would highly recommend the Crimson. Great job to the staff and management. Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
108 Thank TanoApix
CrimsonGM, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear TanoApix,

I'm delighted to hear you had such a great time at the resort and we exceeded your expectations. I like you feel that the two girls we have at the reception area really make for a super greeting, their natural smiles are priceless.

I will also pass on your kudos to the night staff at Score, I'm sure they will be very happy to hear their service was appreciated.

As far as the checkout we do know it is an issue, as a young hotel that is quickly getting busier we have realized that we need an additional checkout desk in the lobby during the rush hours. I have spoken with our purchasing staff and hope that on your next visit the desk will be in place and regardless of the hour you will find a quick and painless checkout.

Again, thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you on your next visit.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 24, 2011

First things first, I hope the Management can provide Airport-Hotel v v as part of their package. Anyway, to start off, the moment we arrived, we were greeted warmly and were sent to our rooms via Golf Cart! We stayed in one of their Garden Suites. The bed was so comfortable and we even had flat screen tv on our bathroom, how cozy. The room decoration were tastefully done and each piece of furniture truly fitted the theme/ambiance of the entire resort. We had buffet lunch, it was good and worth the money. I was really surprised that during our stay most of the guests were Koreans. The overall stay was really nice although i'd really like to comment on the time that we were there, I think the resort accommodates Group Events as there were a lot of people who *we think* had their Group/Teambuilding. From quiet and relaxing, we found it a little annoying and unpleasant on the ears while we were lounging at the pool area. Anyway, the pool was really nice and gave us a view of the beach but it was too shallow for my taste, at 4ft.

By the way, the resort generously offers Free shuttle service going back to and forth SM Cebu and Ayala Cebu.

Breakfast buffet was really superb, however there were a lot of people on our last day at Crimson and the Buffet Line for the SEATS were long, really long and it was kind of awkward that we were seated near the line were most of the people looked at us while we were eating, I hope the management could address this one systematically so the visitors won't have to wait too long as well. Kudos though on the freshly made pastries the hotel offers daily esp Croissants, really soft and moist :)

Me and my boyfriend loved this place as it was truly relaxing, will definitely come back, SOON. :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
108 Thank carla07carla
CrimsonGM, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear carla07carla,

Thank you for all of your comments and I will review each and every one of them, I think your comment of the transfers has been voiced by others and we will probably see if there is a way to run a shuttle service to and from the airport.

You were correct, it was a team building for one of our corporate clients and this was the first event close to the pool and we have already decided that we will move these events to other areas of the property. It was comments like your which had us re-evaluate our policy.

Also your comment on the breakfast buffet line has been looked at along with other guest comments about this and we will be starting as of today an additional breakfast area for our Villa guests which may relieve some of the pressure on our coffee shop during breakfast.

I am very glad to see your overall stay was great and we look forward to inviting you back one of these days.

bristol
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I loved it here,the food was just fantastic,from wherever you are from there is food that you will like,the villa that i stayed in was very very nice,great views over the sea and beach and a great little pool,the room was very clean and the room service was great,i could have moved in forever,the staff were all very friendly and would do anything to help,nice beach bar and sports bar very good,plenty to do but also a great place to relax and chill,i have been to a lot of resorts around Asia and this is the best so far,its just the right size not to busy just right,i The spa is a very nice place to spend some time, so relaxing,i also had some laundry done and it came back like brand new, will be back and very soon,thank you so much crimson for a great time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
91 Thank mark63mark
CrimsonGM, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear mark63mark,

Glad to see you had such a great time while here at Crimson, and it seems you got to try most of our outlets..glad the service for you was so great.

I know what you mean about the laundry....I get my clothes done there and as someone who has lived in hotels for way too long I can attest to the fact that they do a great job.

We look forward to your return the next time you have the opportunity to relax in Cebu.

Makati Philippines
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Having been to Cebu before and stayed at the Shangri-la Mactan (which for years was my all time favorite hotel resort), I was a little reserved about staying at the Crimson. Upon arrival though I could see what all the rave reviews are all about. The ocean view backdrop that greets you as soon as you step out of the car instantly turns you to full holiday mode. Staff were friendly and attentive. Our check in was so fast I would say it was instantaneous. Though the property size itself is not as large as the Shangrila, we were driven into our villa by a little golf cart buggy (these are available to take you to and from during rainy periods too!).

I highly recommend the villas for those who want to splurge. They are truly the best part of the resort and are nothing short of spectacular - private, roomy, beautifully decorated and include your personal private plunge pools that come in very handy after a hot day out.

Internet: Free wifi throughout the hotel but mobile is a little choppy in certain parts of the resort though not a major concern.

Transport: Did not try the shuttle as a friend graciously provided transport during our stay but our one taxi ride back from the main city of Cebu was charged at a 'fixed' rate as the driver said there will be no one riding back! Once in Crimson though I would say maximize your time in the resort rather than going to the city.

Food/spa: Breakfast buffet that was included in our room rate had a good selection. I personally found the menu expensive. Ditto with the Spa.

Room Tip: If you want to splurge, I highly recommend the villas
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
93 Thank KimberlyGM
CrimsonGM, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
Dear Nat0 123,

Glad to see you gave us a try and we lived up to your expectations. I agree, everyday when I come to work I see that view of the ocean and I'm happy to be here.

Of all the great comments I noticed your issue with the Spa and the F&B pricing. We are in the process of working on this and one of our menus at Score Sports Bar will be finished this week and the other menu at Azure by the water in two to three weeks. The Spa is offering discounts currently and we will be launching a "specials" menu shortly. I hope you will find the time to come back and let me know what you think.

We look forward to having you back and when you arrive have the receptionist give me a call, I would like to say Hi.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!